Yellow | Lcp

I don't drive for Yellow but Roadway about the elections I voted in my 1st election this year, why was the turnout so low.They give you a postage paid envelope I can't understand why everyone talks so big on the union but care so little as to who runs it.

same ole story every election.

Dirt Ball, good to see things are going well for you in retirement. They filed the change here and I filed my retirement, I go Jan 26, my thrid freight company in 35 years, I have had enough !! Can't wait to leave. God bless all you guys that have to decide if you want to transfer. I do pity you.

Seniority is one thing Doodlebug, "super seniority" amounts to nothing more than greed. I am a 3rd generation freight teamster. I've seen guys take off purposely so that junior men could work and I've seen guys do the work of 3 in the name of the almighty dollar. You can complain all you want but I believe it's better to focus your anger on the company, get them to bring more work in or stop foreign drivers from taking it.

Seniority is one thing Doodlebug, "super seniority"amounts to nothing more than greed
what is super seniority? Do these guys play by a different set of work rule's?

I am a 3rd generation freight teamster
congratulations!!!

I've seen guys do the work of 3 in the name of the almighty dollar.
You do know yellow has to keep accurate time records for 6months...cause brother if he is doing the work of 3 he aint legal!!!! You know there are some that don't like playing by the rule and you bust that butt!!! whats the shop steward say about it??

You can complain all you want but I believe it's better to focus your anger on the company
What kind of work rules do you have?

HELP ME!!!...I have read the posts in this thread several times...I am having a very hard time understanding...one thing if its so bad why stay?...I am a 30 year TEAMSTER...I have never expected someone to give up their senority for me...I was taught that you earned it the same way the oldtimers ahead of me did...yes... I have been laid off several times and moved in coo"s to keep working...all I am seeing in these posts is p!&&ing and whining about the oldtimers who earned the right to their senoirity!...by the way...I know MR.texas flood personally...3year teamster...HE has it figured out!...I will be PROUD to stand next to him a strike line one day!

You better be proud to stand beside him. He and I are going to be the ones paying your retirement.

BTW, if you are a 30 year teamster, why are you hanging around? How much more do you figure to make in the end on your pension? Whatever it is, I will offer this. I worked for a long time in EMS before I came to trucking, and I have seen a lot of people die right before my eyes. None of them ever wished he or she had spent more time at work.

carrot and stick

sounds like "Red starSyndrome is alive and well at yellow..the runners would all race to buffalo, to suck up to the dispatcher for an extension to Erie, pa, to stay in a hindu hilton for 7 or 8 hours, only to race back to buffalo 9 hours later.. sorry, homie don't play that:tongue0015:

You know it Jeff.....to answer your question flood, we have rules in place. Rules like: Bid drivers that hold a M-F time start, destination bid, may opt to run a 6th trip ahead of the regular turn board and extra board. I think someone described this earlier as "coming back for thirds before you even get to the table" We have guys totally breaking down conditions and logging all of their time off duty, no matter if they are dropping and hooking or waiting to be switched. If they logged it correctly, they would be out of time by the weekend and not able to work. I like to see these guys at the beginning of the week, then run into them around Friday or Saturday. They look like crap, walking all stiff legged, they have to stop half way up the steps to dispatch to rest because they've been chain smoking all week.....for what? For the greenbacks? A lot of them are divorced, kids wont speak to them and they have no life...for what? A company that tells people 3 weeks before Christmas that either you are moving or you won't have a job anymore? Just returned from the monthly union meeting....LOTS of yellow guys there like I predicted in a previous post. The jerk-offs at the IBT moved the COO hearings to San Diego instead of hearing them in Myrtle Beach as originally scheduled. All of you Hoffa lovers try to justify spending that kind of travel money for all of the affected locals...when the change mainly involves locals east of the Mississippi...I dare you....I'm going outside to play...it's too nice out to blow the day being a computer nerd and spewing hate......stay tuned.

I wish i could retire with 30 years,but in my fund they raised the age to 57 instead of the 30 and out rule that we used to have.

I wish i could retire with 30 years,but in my fund they raised the age to 57 instead of the 30 and out rule that we used to have.

And there's rumor in Central States, they plan to raise it more.....I've heard 62 being thrown around for the last two years...why not just make it 65 (Mediacare kicks in then) so the Teamsters NEVER have to provide insurance?:chairshot: :nutkick: :chairshot: