Central Transport | LCV training is coming.

chicago pay for running doubles is around 61cpm, with the little raise. so up north they are up to speed with the pay. its everywhere else that has the (cost of living decrese). and ups freight is 65cpm as of the 1st of janurary.

hey buckeye, not to start a fire on this thread but, linehaul drivers average, 20-30 grand a year more then a peddle driver does. when I was at vitran, the top city guy made 79grand. while the top linehaul guy made 110grand. both were the top on their boards.

hey buckeye, not to start a fire on this thread but, linehaul drivers average, 20-30 grand a year more then a peddle driver does. when I was at vitran, the top city guy made 79grand. while the top linehaul guy made 110grand. both were the top on their boards.

110 grand?!!! HOLY SHIITE!!!! Our top linehaul driver made $62,000 last year; top city guy made right at $50,000.

Maybe out of your terminal, but not at TOL. Our 2nd from the top senior l/h driver with 19 years pulled in $70K last year. A lot has to do with how much they pay per area.

Well those numbers are out of the windy city, i never agreed with the cost of living crap, but thats what they are able to get away with. Now granted they both were money hungry and both worked the weekends alot too. But i talked to other vitran drivers down south and they to say the top guys on linehaul get between 76-85 grand a year. Its crazy how differnt vitrans pay scale is. The only thinv i think that is alot more money in chicago is probley property taxes. Idk it always blew my mind

i have frinds that drive for you all your pay is not close to anyone else i drive for holland with our 15% give back we make 51.106 per mile daton conway around 52 ups fright 63 abf 60 so you see you are not at top or close to it for the work you do it is good to see you like your job no matter who you work for

plenty of people at vitran making more than 51.106 flipper boy . (also plenty are not) . top at my terminal is 53.7and. 56.0 when pulling doubles . but i agree newer drivers around here make little money , but not every vitran guy you see is "making less then you"

plenty of people at vitran making more than 51.106 flipper boy . (also plenty are not) . top at my terminal is 53.7and. 56.0 when pulling doubles . but i agree newer drivers around here make little money , but not every vitran guy you see is "making less then you"

our top linehaul was over 80k (he won't say for sure) 623 miles a day 4 out of 5 days, 5th day 500 miles. he was from the old company, frozen at 58 cents. top P&D was a hair under 55k, but also from old company at almost 23 an hour. most pd are in upper 30 to lower 40, most linehaul is 50 to 60

we've got a city guy that made over $70k a couple years ago, he showed me his year ending stub and i's the truth. my t.m. told me before that there was a driver that made more than him. lol.

I can't wait to see a set of triples going down the road, with the lead pup being a Milan the middle being a Chris, and the tail beinng one of the old PJAX pups that are still in the system. And with each trailer dog walking to a different side its gong to look like a big letter S going down the road.

linehaul drivers listen up.when you pull into a terminal yard and go inside,punch the time clock for working the dock.that way you get paid something while you fuel and breakdown trailers it adds up during a whole week of it.
Nothing to complain about? You city drivers get an hourly rate the whole time your at work. We don't get a complete weekend off. We come in on a Saturday and sleep most of that day. We actually get one complete day off that's it.

First of all I don't make $.45 a mile, only pulling doubles. We have top senior drivers that only get $.50 - $.52 a mile.
We don't get paid for hooking or unhooking doubles like a lot of other carriers, plus we have to put the trailers in a dock for FREE when you have a yard guy who is hourly.
We don't get paid for fueling, all FREE.
We don't get paid to pre and post trip the truck, all FREE.
We don't get paid for going to the shop for repairs, all FREE.
We don't get paid detention time waiting for our loads at terminals, all FREE.
We don't get paid for breakdown, first hour is FREE

And you have the nerve to call us whiners.

linehaul drivers listen up.when you pull into a terminal yard and go inside,punch the time clock for working the dock.that way you get paid something while you fuel and breakdown trailers it adds up during a whole week of it.

OH thats to hard!
I made my money last year $64,500. This isn't **** compared to the year before but, I was out of the truck for 3 months with a work comp. The past two years i made 81 and 84 but I work. I do the runs nobody wants to do and I "work" the dock when it's avaiable. It boil's down to do you want to sit in the break room complain and be lazy or do something about it?

Bad advice. If you get caught you could get fired.

automatic termination too,,,,,,,,, one of our guys joked about this a couple of years ago, TM said first time and you are out the door

no you wont,its against the law to do any work off the clock if you are paid by the mile. call the labor board if you dont believe me and also look up the lawsuits against vitran for this.at my terminal linehaul drivers have been doing it for the last two months.
Bad advice. If you get caught you could get fired.

you must be quoting a state law, because that is not the fed law (or my state) if that was the case. think of all the OTR drivers lawsuits who never get paid for 20 years of fueling and drop and hooking, i could retire

when you are on piece rate (miles, daily salary, per part made in a factory) the company does not have to give you an hourly rate (providing you make at least minimum wage this way), meal breaks, or pay you any kind of overtime.

if you are told to work the dock, and paid miles, then they have to pay you at least minimum wage due to it is not part of your normal job (fueling and swapping trailers is)

no you wont,its against the law to do any work off the clock if you are paid by the mile. call the labor board if you dont believe me and also look up the lawsuits against vitran for this.at my terminal linehaul drivers have been doing it for the last two months.

what???? look up litigation? we yacked about this before and how they were unfounded. the only one posted that someone won was about doing credit checks without permission a few years ago, and i am sure there have been some small ones from traffic accidents, but we are talking former employee against vitran, right?

get me a list of SETTLED SUITS please. i could sue vitran for telling me to drive a truck that leaks oil due to being a fire hazard and violation of fmcsa rules, just because it is filed does not mean squat.

Trust me, if I could be on the clock while putting trailers in docks etc., I would. I know I would get fired at my terminal if I got caught. L/H drivers only get paid when the wheels are rolling. Everything else is charity. Most of the paid trip miles are short too compared with actual run miles. You just get out the KY jelly and take it, and keep looking for something better.