Central Transport | LCV training is coming.

Yeah there is alot more to the inspection process guys than what is realized. Some of the reasons for the "failed" didn't have anything at all with the equipment yet.

I heard from the mechanics we finally passed inspection for the Indiana Toll Road for the triples operation, now comes the Ohio Turnpike Commission which is a lot stricter. Now if they just had freight to put inside. A lot of drivers been pulling empty trailers every night cause of no freight.

at least they're providing the training that could be put to use at the next place of employment, take full advantage while it's offered.

What good does it do to train an employee if he's going to forget everything he has learned the next day? Thats the kind of new hires this company gets in most cases.

What good does it do to train an employee if he's going to forget everything he has learned the next day? Thats the kind of new hires this company gets in most cases.

I think it will be very funny to find out how long it will last up north. IN and OH you the driver can lose your certification and the company can lose it, the driver can lose it for the company. The company can't control any aspect of it in our small division with no state enforcement. I'm not saying all the guys are up north are idiots but, triples in 2 states that are fanatics about safety and compliance? A driver needs to have his/her **** wired tight to protect themselves. A good driver that does a good pre-trip and has the backbone to standup for himself is hard to find. Go out there and half ass it up north pulling triples and your going to bone yourself. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

this seems like another stupid move by keylon and his cronies. let's get the ABCs iron out 1st before doing anything else. at the rate were losing business, i don't think we need this now anyways. how about getting freight to customers on time and not damaged.

i have frinds that drive for you all your pay is not close to anyone else i drive for holland with our 15% give back we make 51.106 per mile daton conway around 52 ups fright 63 abf 60 so you see you are not at top or close to it for the work you do it is good to see you like your job no matter who you work for

Dayton 57.7cpm

Fed Ex Freight Buys Vitran

Today April 1st Fed Ex Freight purchased Vitran Corporation for a estimated 200 million dollars. All employees will go to top out rate of 52 cents for line haul and 22.70 for dock and city drivers.One more thing APRIL FOOLS !!!!!!!

They brought in 5 single axles from out west to get ready for the triples operation. I hear from the mechanics that they are unable to meet minimal speed even after re-flashing the computers. They haven't been approved by the Ohio Turnpike yet either.

They brought in 5 single axles from out west to get ready for the triples operation. I hear from the mechanics that they are unable to meet minimal speed even after re-flashing the computers. They haven't been approved by the Ohio Turnpike yet either.
that comes from vitran mechanic, they need to take the trucks to a real mechanic. when they set the governor in some of these trucks they don't run right and surge. seems like everything thing this company does seems to have a glitch attached to it. they're better off not touching them and just servicing them.

we've got a city guy that made over $70k a couple years ago, he showed me his year ending stub and i's the truth. my t.m. told me before that there was a driver that made more than him. lol.

TM's don't have access to your earnings information.

it's like a mortician putting new clothes on a corpse...why bother. lol.

i dont care if they set the computers to 1000 horses, diesels are just like computers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, they only run as fast as their slowest part ( i know from working on both)

Vitran needs to go out and purchase new trucks with real motors to pass the test, any single axle we have is not enough, and them new binders could be turned back up to factory 405 horse, BUT, that is not enough to maintain speed at over 100k,,,,, i know, i used to do 180k with a 600 cat, slightest hill and i was downshifting that 18 speed,,,, aerodynamics is one thing, but pure weight is another

chasing greatness again with 200 less power, 500 ft lbs less of torque,,,,,,, way to go Vitran (Vitanic)

our trucks should only be used as farm equipment. break it out a few times to drive down the back roads at 45 mph to the silos

There getting the triples operation ready so when they padlock the gates they only have to pay one driver to haul the office equipment back to Pittsburgh. LOL! :hysterical: