ABF | Leaders of Freight Locals Endorse Agreement

Sounds more like the LOCALs went down for their FREE dinners at our costs. Still one question, as this is the ABF forum, how does ABF fare in this agreement? Do they ME TOO:hide::nutkick: or doing their own negotations?

As far as ABF, from my understanding, ABF has have pulled out of Negotiations with TMI. The proposed Agreement includes YRC and it's subsidiary Carriers. This contract may serve as foundation for what ABF will propose, negotiate, but ABF's pullout from TMI was primarily a company move to better suit ABF's Company needs. This at this point appears to be in the Companies / Employees best interest after reviewing information pertaining to the Tenative Agreement posted on 1/8/08.

As far as ABF, from my understanding, ABF has have pulled out of Negotiations with TMI. The proposed Agreement includes YRC and it's subsidiary Carriers. This contract may serve as foundation for what ABF will propose, negotiate, but ABF's pullout from TMI was primarily a company move to better suit ABF's Company needs. This at this point appears to be in the Companies / Employees best interest after reviewing information pertaining to the Tenative Agreement posted on 1/8/08.

all abfers will also vote on this as it is an area wide / industry contract
yeah i bet if abf could've guessed this would be the tentative deal they would'nt of pulled out:biglaugh:

yeah i bet if abf could've guessed this would be the tentative deal they would'nt of pulled out:biglaugh:
For the life of me I cannot see the benefits to abf for pulling out? Not really.

I'm not sure we will be able to vote on this. The union posted a letter at our terminal (ABF) about the meeting for YRC employees to review the proposal, and added to the bottom of the letter that ABF employees would also be welcome to come check it out, but it sounded as if that was just a courtesy to us. I think since this contract only covers employees of TMI members, we will have to wait until they have a contract with ABF before we will get to vote. Not sure, just my opinion...

I'm not sure we will be able to vote on this. The union posted a letter at our terminal (ABF) about the meeting for YRC employees to review the proposal, and added to the bottom of the letter that ABF employees would also be welcome to come check it out, but it sounded as if that was just a courtesy to us. I think since this contract only covers employees of TMI members, we will have to wait until they have a contract with ABF before we will get to vote. Not sure, just my opinion...

http://www.teamster.org/divisions/F...tions/pdfs/080108_freightcontractmeetings.pdf

"all freight members, including those employed by ABF and other carriers not represented by TMI, will be given an opportunity to participate in the ratification vote on the standards agreement".

union members will be told its a good contract like the people at jonestown"drink the kool aid everything will be alright" said Jim Jones

Talk has it that we ABF will vote on the master freight and present it to davidson.

Not talk, fact. The national language is why. If there is any addendum, or additions to the supplement we will vote on that on a later date.

Okay. Now that the Local Unions have had their Saturday meetings, any thoughts or ideas expressed that anyone would like to share?

Did anyone actually believe that their local would tell em its a bad deal ? Nobody in the locals are dumb enough to go against Hoffa and his boys. What Hoffa wants Hoffa gets. The only thing ABF did by pulling out of TMI was protected their selves in case a strike was ordered.ABF agreeed to live by whatever TMI negotiated for them.You guys will still be able to vote on the contract.Same thing happened last time their was a national contract vote. I just can't remember the name of the company that stayed working while the rest of us walked the lines.. I can't vote now because I am retired but if I could it would be a very loud NO.

Our local 776 out of 042 thinks the nmfa is a bad deal because of article 29.They said they would not stand behind it.

The meeting in DET said that Tyson would hold ABF to the same standards as the NMFA. I hope not for your sake, we in the YRC agreement are getting a screwing. If ABF drivers ratify this agreement (you guys will be allowed to vote, but your votes will be held to the side for your negotiations) what will happen if ABF CEO's decides not to accept? YRC will be under contract & ABF might be locked out. If you think YRC is going to get a screwing with this garbage, imagine what ABF drivers will end up with!! VOTE NO, SO WE BOTH SURVIVE!!