ABF | Leaders of Freight Locals Endorse Agreement

Did anyone actually believe that their local would tell em its a bad deal ? Nobody in the locals are dumb enough to go against Hoffa and his boys. What Hoffa wants Hoffa gets. The only thing ABF did by pulling out of TMI was protected their selves in case a strike was ordered.ABF agreeed to live by whatever TMI negotiated for them.You guys will still be able to vote on the contract.Same thing happened last time their was a national contract vote. I just can't remember the name of the company that stayed working while the rest of us walked the lines.. I can't vote now because I am retired but if I could it would be a very loud NO.
BROTHER D YOU MIGHT BE THINKING ABOUT NATIONSWAY USED TO BE CALLED NORTHWEST WE HAD A ME TOO AGREEMENT BACK THEN THAT HAPPENED IN THE EARLY 90,s NATIONS WAY CLOSED IN MAY OF 99

Did anyone actually believe that their local would tell em its a bad deal ? Nobody in the locals are dumb enough to go against Hoffa and his boys. What Hoffa wants Hoffa gets. The only thing ABF did by pulling out of TMI was protected their selves in case a strike was ordered.ABF agreeed to live by whatever TMI negotiated for them.You guys will still be able to vote on the contract.Same thing happened last time their was a national contract vote. I just can't remember the name of the company that stayed working while the rest of us walked the lines.. I can't vote now because I am retired but if I could it would be a very loud NO.
was that nation-ways

The only thing ABF did by pulling out of TMI was protected their selves in case a strike was ordered.ABF agreeed to live by whatever TMI negotiated for them.
I don't think that ABF agreed to live by (me too) the TMI agreement. We were told at our meeting that ABF walked out after Tyson told them there would not be any seperate negotiations, that it would be the TMI (YRC) agreement or nothing.....Local 560 made it clear to the IBT that they expect to be involved in any negotiations with ABF & as of yesterday they were not aware of any date even being scheduled for a sitdown.... It will be interesting to see who blinks first.

Our local 776 out of 042 thinks the nmfa is a bad deal because of article 29.They said they would not stand behind it.

What is the problem? If a preferred truck pulls a load instead of sticking it on a train, ALL your guys are guaranteed a weeks wages.

With that minimal amount of movements that they will be allowed to do, sounds okay to me, for the guarantee.

What is the problem? If a preferred truck pulls a load instead of sticking it on a train, ALL your guys are guaranteed a weeks wages.

With that minimal amount of movements that they will be allowed to do, sounds okay to me, for the guarantee.

Yes, looking back over it, with the guarantee it doesn't look all that bad.