Pitt-Ohio | Leased To?

Willie

TB Lurker
Credits
Just curious and its probably no difference but while i was fueling a few weeks ago at the B.P. in Chicago (im an O.D. driver) I noticed the name on the door of one of your guys new tractors and just above it in tiny letters it say "Leased To". Owner Operator? or different division? Just wondering is all.

one of their guys told a few years ago that the trucks are bought by owners under another company then leased to Pitt. Said it kept the money moving around.

Yep. The trucks are owned by Pitt Ohio but Fleet Equipment Leasing is listed as the owner, it's one of them things big companies do. FEL's address is that of the Columbus ,OH terminal. All Pitt Ohio trucks have "Leased To" on the door.

Thanks guys. Guess i just didn't pay enough attention or get close enough to one of the tractors before to notice.

I know that this is off topic, but I heard a rumor that Pitt-Ohio was going to open a term. in Ft. Wayne, In. Any truth to that?? Thanks in advance.

I know that this is off topic, but I heard a rumor that Pitt-Ohio was going to open a term. in Ft. Wayne, In. Any truth to that?? Thanks in advance.

I haven't heard anything. Fort Wayne is centrally located between Toledo, Battle Creek, Indy, and Chicago, but I don't know if there is enough freight to justify the opening of an additional terminal.