Leaving wilson

bigbird42368

TB Veteran
Credits
Three drivers from BigW have announced their intentions to leave. I just wanted to wish them a very happy future and prosperous life. Please stay in touch. Mr. Berry from MIA,Spanky from CLT and Mr. Snyder (driver certifier ) GBO. Good luck to you all.

Talked to a GBO city driver a couple of days ago thats leaving too,getting out of trucking....8 years with no raise will certainly cause people to walk.Its almost like they dont care because this has been one of the busiest winters in a long time,surely they can throw a few bones.

Three drivers from BigW have announced their intentions to leave. I just wanted to wish them a very happy future and prosperous life. Please stay in touch. Mr. Berry from MIA,Spanky from CLT and Mr. Snyder (driver certifier ) GBO. Good luck to you all.

Two weeks ago I decided to retire from WTVA. It was after 32 1/2 years, over 3 million safe driving miles. The terminal manager met me at the terminal at 1100 on a saturday morning, made me feel like I couldn't be trusted over the weekend with a key to terminal. After all paperwork was done I got a muttered thank you. It was a good career while it lasted.

So Sad&you wonder why everyone is leaving.
Two weeks ago I decided to retire from WTVA. It was after 32 1/2 years, over 3 million safe driving miles. The terminal manager met me at the terminal at 1100 on a saturday morning, made me feel like I couldn't be trusted over the weekend with a key to terminal. After all paperwork was done I got a muttered thank you. It was a good career while it lasted.

I didn't even get a package of Twinkies. I heard the region mgr and term mgr had a party, but didn't invite anyone

Got a nice letter from GW at WTVA thanking me for my years of service. Said I would be getting some kind of gift. I wonder if that means I may get safe driving award items I ordered.

I left 1 year ago because i moved out of State and out of their service area. Maybe some of the guys who have left will post.

There have been quite a few drivers who have left WTVA and almost as many reasons for doing so. There are of course, many who are in the process of leaving who are waiting on the application approval process, physicals, drug screens...etc...and they have yet to make their intentions known. It's finally coming to pass and it's been in the making for a long time. Nine years with no pay increase, higher insurance premiums with less coverage, and the never ending soap opera that has become bid runs and the failure to get something into the drivers hands that they can actually look at, plan for and base their home expenses on has been nothing short of a joke.

I think their management has a surprise up their sleeve.Why would they seemingly not have a care in the world for experienced drivers leaving en-mass.I honestly dont think they will be around much longer in their present form of LTL much longer,and is currently in the works.

The October memo last year got me riled up. The memo focused on a future pay raise, it was basically smoke being blown up our cabooses. That being said I found a new outfit to wiggle wagons down the road.

Three more turned in notices yestersay....R.Johnson and T. Hawkins in CLT both going to SAIA.....................J. (Roto) Almon in JAX going to the oil fields of Texas....I wish you all the very best

Sounds like you guys have Sam epidemic we have over a here at Cooper I'm leaving myself Goin to Holland

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Three more turned in notices yestersay....R.Johnson and T. Hawkins in CLT both going to SAIA.....................J. (Roto) Almon in JAX going to the oil fields of Texas....I wish you all the very best
Roto to the oilfields?? They don't know what they're in for..lol