Leaving wilson

that is true, they got a letter about it. They also got a letter from Snow that all the drivers leaving Wilson could be blamed on Social Media and other companies bashing them lol what a joke

that is true, they got a letter about it. They also got a letter from Snow that all the drivers leaving Wilson could be blamed on Social Media and other companies bashing them lol what a joke

Yea,rising insurance and no raise in 9 years has nothing to do with it...Its not bashing if its the truth.

I know he's been a totally disruptive presence at his new barn here in Kansas:bgroovy:where drivers used to sit around the campfire singing"Kumbayah"they stand around fighting amongst one another since he got here!LOL

He was the same way at Wilson Dean. Trouble from day 1.

photo.php

wow i lose internet at my sons for 4 days you guys go wild...i am back you all behave or i'll have to push my weight around lol :thread::732:

Understand new guy is talking to drivers as to why they are leaving, and pretty much being told the same thing. Check up on the regional managers. Their figures may not be correct. Also here that CW is calling drivers that turned in their notice, asking them not to leave.

I had the pleasure of being questioned last Thursday night by CW himself who came to CLT in an attempt to change my mind about leaving. Mr. W was friendly and kind to me as always and expressed concern as to why people were leaving. I told him that all of us who were leaving were doing so for a number of reasons. I explained to him that eight years with no raise, insurance premiums rising with out of pocket deductibles tripling, two weeks of vacation being taken from the senior drivers, and the new load plan being horrible with drivers being held to very low miles along with the equipment failing due to increased mileage and increased service intervals and now, the added worry of the registrations being good for only six months, were some of the issues causing concern. I also explained to him that we didn't need to hear how he and Guy felt about anything in a letter from Sam S, but rather, we needed to hear these things from him or Guy. His response to me was that he wanted me to stay and give the "New Guy", S. Gast, a chance to turn things around and never taking ownership of the problems WTVA faces today. It is my belief that the strong disconnect of the brothers and the implementation of some very out of touch district managers, who have proven they have no idea how to manage line haul, much less anything else, have together, rendered the situation that we have today and it's a darn shame. WTVA was at one time a great place to work but I feel it's no longer that way. We had a long talk and I appreciated his attempt to talk me into staying although it was unsuccessful. I have decided to make Old Dominion my new home and I look forward to the future with a company that has a proven track record in employee relations as well as a long history in the industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
A company cant live on its past reputation only,when the current is so bad.Most of the problems started (imo) when they started bringing outsiders in to run the family owned company.

Well spoken my friend
I had the pleasure of being questioned last Thursday night by CW himself who came to CLT in an attempt to change my mind about leaving. Mr. W was friendly and kind to me as always and expressed concern as to why people were leaving. I told him that all of us who were leaving were doing so for a number of reasons. I explained to him that eight years with no raise, insurance premiums rising with out of pocket deductibles tripling, two weeks of vacation being taken from the senior drivers, and the new load plan being horrible with drivers being held to very low miles along with the equipment failing due to increased mileage and increased service intervals and now, the added worry of the registrations being good for only six months, were some of the issues causing concern. I also explained to him that we didn't need to hear how he and Guy felt about anything in a letter from Sam S, but rather, we needed to hear these things from him or Guy. His response to me was that he wanted me to stay and give the "New Guy", S. Gast, a chance to turn things around and never taking ownership of the problems WTVA faces today. It is my belief that the strong disconnect of the brothers and the implementation of some very out of touch district managers, who have proven they have no idea how to manage line haul, much less anything else, have together, rendered the situation that we have today and it's a darn shame. WTVA was at one time a great place to work but I feel it's no longer that way. We had a long talk and I appreciated his attempt to talk me into staying although it was unsuccessful. I have decided to make Old Dominion my new home and I look forward to the future with a company that has a proven track record in employee relations as well as a long history in the industry.

Just goes to Show You management doesn't have a Clue what is Wrong. There thinking, like it's 1970. Social Media is Warning people about what is Really going on.