SAIA | Leaving..

If cameras are there to protect the company then why not put them everywhere? Every office, every company car, every shop, every bathroom even?
I'm guessing cameras can't be placed in restrooms for obvious privacy reasons. For company cars where there is personal use no cameras are allowed , typically. If it was strictly used for company business then you might see cameras but I'm guessing it's a slippery slope to try and put cameras in cars that get used for personal reasons as well as company business.

I'm guessing cameras can't be placed in restrooms for obvious privacy reasons. For company cars where there is personal use no cameras are allowed , typically. If it was strictly used for company business then you might see cameras but I'm guessing it's a slippery slope to try and put cameras in cars that get used for personal reasons as well as company business.
Personal conveyance for drivers off duty. No different than a TM or salesman going home.

I know shops , breakrooms , docks do have cameras. Bathrooms are next and they will include smell-a-vision.

Why not have body cameras like the police so the city drivers are protected against liabilities, forklifts on the docks so they can minimize damages if the company is worried about there investment? Well because inward cameras are being used for harassment purposes, plain and simple. I’ll bet 90% or better of us could give a crap less if they had outward cameras, to protect you, that’s why they were made.

Why not have body cameras like the police so the city drivers are protected against liabilities, forklifts on the docks so they can minimize damages if the company is worried about there investment? Well because inward cameras are being used for harassment purposes, plain and simple. I’ll bet 90% or better of us could give a crap less if they had outward cameras, to protect you, that’s why they were made.
I really hope you realize how idiotic your post is. You are comparing what city drivers do compared to police officers? Why in the world would a city driver need a body camera !

The first thing I would do with a body cam is aim it at the lazy SOBs that I've been carrying since they started. Then my manager with his sorry butt.

I really hope you realize how idiotic your post is. You are comparing what city drivers do compared to police officers? Why in the world would a city driver need a body camera !
I don’t believe he’s comparing the two, just saying get the body cams like what the police wear. It could cut out a lot of BS he said/she said from some of those “pleasant” customers.

Yes, it’s illegal to put them in restrooms.
Yes and it should be, but why?
Privacy rights. Why do I have to give up my privacy rights when I come to work? What about drones with cams that fly over my house? Should they be allowed to do whatever they want with the pictures they take? I don’t think so, and so says my shotgun when I blow it out of the sky. Can’t do that with drivecam.