Left Lane Ticket

The penalties/fines should be written on the ticket.

Nothing will go on her CSA/PSP if she wasn't issued an inspection slip.

Found this on the TN website

"Truck lane restrictions shall not apply when truck tractors and semi trailers are passing other
motor vehicles. The passing maneuver shall be safely completed in as short a time period as
feasible. The passing maneuver shall consist of passing one motor vehicle at a time."

In PA the fines are no usually too bad but then they add fees of all sorts to bring them up over $200.

I got popped on I-70 just past the 70-65 split (near where Airbrakes works) in Indiana a couple years ago. I was Westbound and didn't see the sign warning of the restriction, and when I saw the second sign and started to move over the trooper was right behind me.

I tried getting an attorney to take it on and get it reduced to a non moving violation and was told by every barrister I contacted that the court in that jurisdiction was refusing to convert moving violations for CDL holders.

So I bit the bullet and paid the ticket. I can't remember the exact amount, but it was less than $200.

The trooper (who, ironically had the exact same name as me, what are the chances?) didn't do an inspection, just wrote the citation and sent me on my way.

It does not show on my MVR.

Since then I make extra effort to follow the lane restrictions.

i have never gotten a ticket for that, but i have been told by a MASS state trooper (when i was an instructor and at a test site with a student) that in MASS, you get the "silver bracelets" as well as a speeding ticket, left lane violation ticket, and a driving to endanger charge (hence the bracelets) cuz if you are in that left lane, and it is CLEARLY marked NO TRUCKS, then you WERE speeding, and endangering the motoring public. he said too, "God help you if you have a placarded load too".

my then student, was not about to question the state of MASS and thier policy for left lane violations.

this was about 4 years ago, so whether or not MASS has changed any of that, i do not know.

so clearly, each state treats that differently.

i have never gotten a ticket for that, but i have been told by a MASS state trooper (when i was an instructor and at a test site with a student) that in MASS, you get the "silver bracelets" as well as a speeding ticket, left lane violation ticket, and a driving to endanger charge (hence the bracelets) cuz if you are in that left lane, and it is CLEARLY marked NO TRUCKS, then you WERE speeding, and endangering the motoring public. he said too, "God help you if you have a placarded load too".

my then student, was not about to question the state of MASS and thier policy for left lane violations.

this was about 4 years ago, so whether or not MASS has changed any of that, i do not know.

so clearly, each state treats that differently.
One more reason to avoid New England...

One more reason to avoid New England...

i live here, and i wish i could avoid that....

when i hit the lottery, imma gonna buy me some land right near Racer, and build a house and be his bestest neighbor...

but please.....do not tell him, let's keep this a secret...ok..???

right now, i already have experience living near water.....

Last edited by a moderator:
i live here, and i wish i could avoid that....

when i hit the lottery, imma gonna buy me some land right near Racer, and build a house and be his bestest neighbor...

Way cool!

There is 15 acres available right now.
163 XX 130TH St NE, Arlington, WA 98223 - Listing #: 556675

And 10 acres with 1,800 feet of waterfront here.
2222222 127th Ave NE, Arlington, WA 98223 - Listing #: 515132

And here is a quarter acre for $15k.
11209 192nd Dr NE Lot 10 Lot: 10, Arlington, WA 98223 - Listing #: 479110

but please.....do not tell him, let's keep this a secret...ok..???

Too late.

right now, i already have experience living near water.....

So that was you . . . . . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd need to retire from trucking and go into broadback electrical work before I could afford one of those lots myself.

IDK about Tennessee but I got popped in Georgia, Bartow County and I took off work and went down there and I asked for a bench trial because they wouldn't drop any off of it. I had to get over because another big truck came over on me. Anyway second day off work another 300 mile round trip and I tell Judge what happened, he said as soon as I said I was in left lane I was guilty. Does not matter if it was to avoid accident. 200.00 fine and 3 points.
Told later never ask for bench trial on traffic violation ask for Jury trial...

IDK about Tennessee but I got popped in Georgia, Bartow County and I took off work and went down there and I asked for a bench trial because they wouldn't drop any off of it. I had to get over because another big truck came over on me. Anyway second day off work another 300 mile round trip and I tell Judge what happened, he said as soon as I said I was in left lane I was guilty. Does not matter if it was to avoid accident. 200.00 fine and 3 points.
I guess that's what we get with people writing laws, that don't have a clue about operating a CMV. They should have ticketed the other guy for wreakless lane change or something.

It doesn't matter that you were doing what was right.

Always hire an attorney. They know the ins and outs of the legal system and more often than not can get it handled.

You walk into a courtroom and try to establish your innocence and all you get is what you walked in with. Its like asking a carpenter to do surgery. Not his area of expertise.

I got a warning in Alabama or Mississippi, I don't remember, the route from Birmingham to Memphis, anyhow the cop that pulled me over said folks were calling them and telling on me, thats when he got the call. Really? Really? I was young and passing everything in sight, wasn't holding anyone up, folks just called in because I was making some time I guess, like when you are trucking and some dummy is living in the left lane, sees you coming in the right one and when your about 50 yards away, on comes the signal and they get over in a hurry, duuuummmmmmmmmmmy...LOL!

I'd need to retire from trucking and go into broadback electrical work before I could afford one of those lots myself.

What? That quarter acre is only $15k. Cheap.

Low bank though. Floods at least once a year during the rainy season and the snow melt runoff from the mountains.

Get a high bank like I have. The beach changes every year. Sometimes it is sandy like at the ocean, and sometimes it is rocky because the winter flooding has washed the sand away and left exposed rocks and a few trees laying around.

I even found a refrigerator one year. Probably from someone's summer cabin from upstream in the Robe Valley. They used to allow people to build right on the river bank, in the flood plain. Every year the flooding takes another cabin or three. Soon there won't be anymore left.

Here is a double cedar tree that was left after the flood waters receded. Thing was huge, about 180 feet, and is still there. I took these pictures Christmas day 2008, we had about a foot of snow that day.

I didn't look at the $15K lot, 1/4's too small for me, after I move all my **** there there would be no place for me house. I looked at the $175,000 I'd have to sell before I could buy then there'd be nothing left to build a house. And it said no electric or water, you off the grid? Na, you can't be.
I really like that top snow scene. If you ever get a poster made of it would you send me one?