Left Lane Ticket

Those tire ashtrays were very common "back in the day". Interesting how the asking price for "Buy It Now" is near $80, seeing as how they were given away to customers.

man i can tell you the money the owner of my gas station paid, just to give things away to the customers, some who, NEVER were our customers, UNTIL we gave away things for free, then they'd go back to thier regular gas station>>!!!!

bastoids.....every stinking last one of 'em...!!!

:Off-Topic:guess no helpful info for my friend on his ticket

actually by posting #7, you had as much info as possible, then in posting #8, You told us what he got...i think it was a done deal to be de-railed after that.....

which hey, at least it made it to 7 posts.....that "could be" a record..???

and frankly...YOU KNOW...many truckers have A-D-D.....

or is it S-U-B-T-R-A-C-T....?????

:Off-Topic:guess no helpful info for my friend on his ticket
Yep it seems like nobody has the answer on this one. So when you find out I'd like to hear what happens. What's he have to do, go to court to get the final answer? Mail in an plea and receive a fine amount to pay via US mail?

I posted my thoughts on the matter before the thread got derailed.

277.jpg

Seeing as how the guy already got stroked in court about all he can do now is try not to get in a similar jam again. I really dislike truck lane restrictions, especially in high traffic places like just about all of Georgia. The lazy bums with speed restricted trucks won't stay to the right and clog up the traffic, so a driver is left to threading their way through the mess. Then you have that restriction on the 40 going through the Smoky mountains from Tennessee into South Carolina, and as I mentioned, getting stuck behind wussie drivers who are afraid to go the speed limit sucks.
BOOHOO, even us slower trucks have to move into the TRUCK HAMMER LANE to pass someone slower. As far as the GORGE there is a reason for NO TRUCKS in the left lane, I've run that sucker in both directions for years, too many SUPER TRUCKERS have over estimated their abilities and wrecked, clogging up the highway for hours if not days. Want a real treat, travel that highway when it is really slick. Your friend deserve's whatever fine and points he gets. He rolled the dice and lost, sometimes a education can be EXPENSIVE!

BOOHOO, even us slower trucks have to move into the TRUCK HAMMER LANE to pass someone slower. As far as the GORGE there is a reason for NO TRUCKS in the left lane, I've run that sucker in both directions for years, too many SUPER TRUCKERS have over estimated their abilities and wrecked, clogging up the highway for hours if not days. Want a real treat, travel that highway when it is really slick. Your friend deserve's whatever fine and points he gets. He rolled the dice and lost, sometimes a education can be EXPENSIVE!
Don't Averrit drivers get a pass on that lane restriction? Had 2 pass the train the other night on a snow covered left lane..lol

Don't Averrit drivers get a pass on that lane restriction? Had 2 pass the train the other night on a snow covered left lane..lol
They get caught, the company will ensure they get spanked....I've had AVERITT SHUTTLE drivers pass me in the GORGE, I just stay inline, pour a cup a coffee, light a Cigar, and listen to EVERYONE cry on the radio, I'm not going to give my money away to TN or NC.

First, I don't have a problem with drivers in the slower trucks running in the "truck hammer lane" when they need to get around slower traffic. My gripe is just as I said, the lazy jerks that feel it is too much trouble to deal with the ramp traffic and just camp out in the "truck hammer lane". The rules of the road are slower traffic keep right, and in many states the left lane is for passing only, like Texas, Washington, Oregon, California, etc. Every time I roll into Texas from New Mexico I see the Texas troopers busting left lane bandits from the New Mexico border to way past Amarillo. Get caught in the left lane in California after you are clear of the other guy's bumper and haven't moved over yet and you will be getting a roadside driving award.

Second, I know why the gorge has a lane restriction and a truck speed limit. I also know how fast I can safely run. I run through that stretch of road several times a month, and like you have been doing so for years, even when it was snowing. Haven't laid one over yet, there, or anywhere else. I always drive safely, (more or less) legally, and most importantly, within the limits of the conditions.

Third, the guy who got the ticket is bigbird's friend, not mine. I haven't got a clue who the guy is.

BOOHOO,Your friend deserve's whatever fine and points he gets. He rolled the dice and lost, sometimes a education can be EXPENSIVE!

damn, you're a meenie...

and a poor replacement for me, for as..... I AM THE 1st CLASS ACEHOLE.....HERE..!!

AND I AM FIRST AND LAST BEING JUST THAT..!!!!!