XPO | Legacy Bank

George

3rd rock from the sun
Credits
I kept my final paycheck from 2016 showing my banked pto time but have never seen anything from the company what my legacy banked pto amount is. I would think the two pto banks would be shown separately on pay stubs. This is kinda important to me. Has anyone ever received their legacy bank numbers? Press on

I kept my final paycheck from 2016 showing my banked pto time but have never seen anything from the company what my legacy banked pto amount is. I would think the two pto banks would be shown separately on pay stubs. This is kinda important to me. Has anyone ever received their legacy bank numbers? Press on
Might be on the employee portal.

Would you refresh our memories of what the legacy bank was about? I seem to remember they split the pto time into a pre-2017 (legacy) bank and a post-2017 bank, and it was a good idea to use post-2017 pto time, first when planning for time off,But I can't remember what the reasoning was behind that.

Would you refresh our memories of what the legacy bank was about? I seem to remember they split the pto time into a pre-2017 (legacy) bank and a post-2017 bank, and it was a good idea to use post-2017 pto time, first when planning for time off,But I can't remember what the reasoning was behind that.
Any PTO that you had banked before 2017 would be paid out to you if you : Quit. Got Fired. Retired.

Now , 2017 forward: Use it or loose it. If you quit , get fired , retire. You do not get paid for earned PTO that you didn't/don't use.

I remember them saying on the PowerPoint that it would show on your pay stub two different categories for the banked hours. It was a good idea that was only thought of once then it became hard so they choose to never speak of it again.

Just like a lot of great ideas they come up with that they don't follow through on. Our company has commitment issues.

Any PTO that you had banked before 2017 would be paid out to you if you : Quit. Got Fired. Retired.

Now , 2017 forward: Use it or loose it. If you quit , get fired , retire. You do not get paid for earned PTO that you didn't/don't use.
That is only partly correct. All PTO hours banked before Jan 1 2017 will be paid out upon separation from XPO.
PTO hours earned after 2017 are not use or lose they roll over into the next year. Now her is the catch. When you leave you will get your legacy balance and any PTO hours that you earned and have not used in the year you leave. So if you leave say in Feb 2018 and have 2 weeks banked from 2017 and 2 weeks in your legacy bank all you will get it what was earned in 2018 and the legacy bank you lose the banked hours from 2017.
Now in 2018 when you use PTO they will take the hours from what you earned in 2018 first then what you carried over from 2017 and then the legacy bank.
Now the mangers have until March 2018 to use there legacy bank or lose it or they could sell it back to the company for 50¢ on the dollar.
To get better explanation call HR

That is only partly correct. All PTO hours banked before Jan 1 2017 will be paid out upon separation from XPO.
PTO hours earned after 2017 are not use or lose they roll over into the next year. Now her is the catch. When you leave you will get your legacy balance and any PTO hours that you earned and have not used in the year you leave. So if you leave say in Feb 2018 and have 2 weeks banked from 2017 and 2 weeks in your legacy bank all you will get it what was earned in 2018 and the legacy bank you lose the banked hours from 2017.
Now in 2018 when you use PTO they will take the hours from what you earned in 2018 first then what you carried over from 2017 and then the legacy bank.
Now the mangers have until March 2018 to use there legacy bank or lose it or they could sell it back to the company for 50¢ on the dollar.
Thanks for explaining.

I guess we never got that meeting. Good to know because that would suck to quit thinking you were going to get paid out your pto, only to be ripped off.

I guess we never got that meeting. Good to know because that would suck to quit thinking you were going to get paid out your pto, only to be ripped off.
As stated before , I would ask HR and try to get something in writing since this policy has changed more than a few times in less than a year. With zero effort to keep all those affected updated.

As stated before , I would ask HR and try to get something in writing since this policy has changed more than a few times in less than a year. With zero effort to keep all those affected updated.
Is there nothing in the p&p on the employee portal?

There may be Upnorth. I posted this because it's something that covers SOOO many people that you would figure higher ups would make sure ALL who are affected by changes would be clear on what has been done.

Hell we had that meeting last year and depending on the question it lasted about 30mins even had a slide show with it

Policy 433

Hourly/Non-Exempt PTO Payout Upon Separation:

Unused PTO time accrued prior to 1/1/17("2016 legacy bank") and unused PTO time accrued during the calendar year in which an employee separates will be paid to the employee upon retirement, release, resignation or termination of employment. Unused PTO time accrued in a previous calendar year (not including the 2016 legacy bank) will not be paid out upon retirement, release, resignation or termination of employment unless required by state law (i.e. CA, NE, RI & NE).

Retirees are allowed, at their discretion, to use accrued PTO to extend their period of employment beyond their scheduled effective date. All other employees whose employment is voluntarily or involuntarily terminated may not use PTO to extend their period of employment beyond their scheduled effective date. Those individuals will receive a lump sum payment for accrued but unused PTO (as defined above) in their final paycheck. The Manager Self-Service entry must be completed showing the "Last Day Worked" as the date the employee started the last shift that the actually worked without regard to any accrued PTO or other pay which may be paid at this time.

That's word for word what the handbook says.

Policy 433

Hourly/Non-Exempt PTO Payout Upon Separation:

Unused PTO time accrued prior to 1/1/17("2016 legacy bank") and unused PTO time accrued during the calendar year in which an employee separates will be paid to the employee upon retirement, release, resignation or termination of employment. Unused PTO time accrued in a previous calendar year (not including the 2016 legacy bank) will not be paid out upon retirement, release, resignation or termination of employment unless required by state law (i.e. CA, NE, RI & NE).

Retirees are allowed, at their discretion, to use accrued PTO to extend their period of employment beyond their scheduled effective date. All other employees whose employment is voluntarily or involuntarily terminated may not use PTO to extend their period of employment beyond their scheduled effective date. Those individuals will receive a lump sum payment for accrued but unused PTO (as defined above) in their final paycheck. The Manager Self-Service entry must be completed showing the "Last Day Worked" as the date the employee started the last shift that the actually worked without regard to any accrued PTO or other pay which may be paid at this time.

That's word for word what the handbook says.
Wow!!!!! I am so amazed at what you can find in there.

Upnorth , just curious - as far as you know , is your employee handbook the same as the one in the states or are there significant differences?
We had one available, it's been removed now. It's completely different than yours. The base company policies are the same, but that's it. The pension info is different, as are most rules because our labour laws are vastly different than yours. With Conway, we never had one past the year 2001 in writing. Which is illegal here.