Leggett Texas another roll over. Conway this time.

I have said this time after time, it is the states responsibility to provide safe highways for the traveling public. Here is a prime example where something is wrong with that section of highway. It infuriates me when I see a warning sign, like "slippery when wet" or "bump ahead". If the state is aware of these "defects" in the roadway, why aren't they corrected? Instead they put a $5.00 sign up. I hear this, "driving is a privilege", NO, driving is not a privilege, we PAY to drive and we should expect safe roadways.

Actually we pay before "the rubber hits the pavement". There are taxes to be paid, licensees to be paid for, insurance to be paid for and buy the fuel to get on the road and you pay taxes. I have said all this to say this, whenever a person pays for access the owner of the property is liable for the customer. Where is the "line of responsibility" when it comes to highway safety. Even in bad weather, it is the state's DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY to either keep the roads clean and clear or shut them down.

Now, it is very evident that something is bad wrong with the section of highway that caused these two trucks to roll over. Both FedEx and Conway should do what they can to sue the state of Texas for contributing to these accidents.

I have said this time after time, it is the states responsibility to provide safe highways for the traveling public. Here is a prime example where something is wrong with that section of highway. It infuriates me when I see a warning sign, like "slippery when wet" or "bump ahead". If the state is aware of these "defects" in the roadway, why aren't they corrected? Instead they put a $5.00 sign up. I hear this, "driving is a privilege", NO, driving is not a privilege, we PAY to drive and we should expect safe roadways.

Actually we pay before "the rubber hits the pavement". There are taxes to be paid, licensees to be paid for, insurance to be paid for and buy the fuel to get on the road and you pay taxes. I have said all this to say this, whenever a person pays for access the owner of the property is liable for the customer. Where is the "line of responsibility" when it comes to highway safety. Even in bad weather, it is the state's DUTY AND RESPONSIBILITY to either keep the roads clean and clear or shut them down.

Now, it is very evident that something is bad wrong with the section of highway that caused these two trucks to roll over. Both FedEx and Conway should do what they can to sue the state of Texas for contributing to these accidents.
There is a strip of US190 between Woodville and Jasper TX, where they put an over lay with a road grader. No roller to compact it and it makes the truck drive like you are drunk.

There is a strip of US190 between Woodville and Jasper TX, where they put an over lay with a road grader. No roller to compact it and it makes the truck drive like you are drunk.

1-30 from the Arkansas line right into Dallas, when it is wet, you better watch it. It is one of the slickest just from getting wet.