ABF | Let Us Pray

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
I do hope he can come through with whatever he has promised them and earned their vote.
For me he only has a short list to make me happy.

1) Prove that you don't have to be a career politician and/or a lawyer to be an effective President and Legislator.
2) Fix our healthcare system.
3) Fix our financial problems and the tax laws.
4) Fix our trade deficit and put a halt to the 'fair trade' agreements. I could never see the haves (us) could trade fairly with the have nots (China, Mexico et al).

I believe that the rest of things would fall right into place with that short list corrected.

For me he only has a short list to make me happy.

1) Prove that you don't have to be a career politician and/or a lawyer to be an effective President and Legislator.
2) Fix our healthcare system.
3) Fix our financial problems and the tax laws.
4) Fix our trade deficit and put a halt to the 'fair trade' agreements. I could never see the haves (us) could trade fairly with the have nots (China, Mexico et al).

I believe that the rest of things would fall right into place with that short list corrected.

Not a bad list, Brother.......I agree with pretty much all of it.......

By your first point, you and I should be able to run for President and Vice-President...........I 've enjoyed your conversations over the years, I think we would make a good pair.....

The only decision would be which one of us would head the ticket, and who would be vice President.......

Quick! Call it... it's in the air!!......I'll call it for you.....Ahh....Heads..... you're Vice President.......

Now that you're my running mate for 2020,....we need a good, sturdy platform to run on......I prefer mahogany.....none of your cheap pines for me........but if you're enthralled by a different hardwood such as walnut.......maybe we can compromise......

We should probably talk about cabinets, too........

Not a bad list, Brother.......I agree with pretty much all of it.......

By your first point, you and I should be able to run for President and Vice-President...........I 've enjoyed your conversations over the years, I think we would make a good pair.....

The only decision would be which one of us would head the ticket, and who would be vice President.......

Quick! Call it... it's in the air!!......I'll call it for you.....Ahh....Heads..... you're Vice President.......

Now that you're my running mate for 2020,....we need a good, sturdy platform to run on......I prefer mahogany.....none of your cheap pines for me........but if you're enthralled by a different hardwood such as walnut.......maybe we can compromise......

We should probably talk about cabinets, too........
Mahogany, pines, I thought we were talking about cabinets. I'm a humble man and VP would be fine with me as long as our platform is solid and our course is true. Yes, one of the things that I like the most about this election is how a non political, non lawyer has helped us take our country back from those who feel as though it is theirs and that they are entitled. Now, back to business, how are you at fundraising? I'm pretty good at campaigning, I'm a regular guy who just wants what's fair for us regular guys and it bodes well with our constituents.:soapbox:

Mahogany, pines, I thought we were talking about cabinets. I'm a humble man and VP would be fine with me as long as our platform is solid and our course is true. Yes, one of the things that I like the most about this election is how a non political, non lawyer has helped us take our country back from those who feel as though it is theirs and that they are entitled. Now, back to business, how are you at fundraising? I'm pretty good at campaigning, I'm a regular guy who just wants what's fair for us regular guys and it bodes well with our constituents.:soapbox:

Well,........I'm not bad at fund raising......a little rusty,.......and I think, in light of all the gun debates,.......I should stick to using a club.......

Takes longer than it used to do,....what with all the new LED street lamps lighting up even the darkest alleys.....but I feel with a little practice,.....I could raise funds with the best of them..........

I haven't wanted to comment, but food for thought. I heard for months around ABF Trump Trump. kept my mouth shut, see here Lord give us Trump. Makes me think about what happened to Democrat and pro union? Yes I know our union has shafted us. But looked what has happened, a vote for trump meant votes for most Republican Gov, Senate, etc.. bad for organized labor supporters, right to work issues, pro orghanized labor laws, etc.. Have to think what my organized labor co workers are thinking? corrupt, crazy, not qualified, whatever, but a republican controlled govt is bad for us in organized labor. I agree our country needed change but not anti organized labor.

corrupt, crazy, not qualified, whatever, but a republican controlled govt is bad for us in organized labor. I agree our country needed change but not anti organized labor.
By your own words,I guess you're saying you choose your union over country.One of the reasons people wanted Trump,is because corrupt politicians choose party over country.

I agree our country needed change but not anti organized labor.
The Dems haven't hardly been our friends of late. However, you may be right and maybe the devil we don't know will be worse than the devil we do know. Unfortunately we don't get to line item veto their agendas and no matter who I chose I am voting against something I believe in or something that is good for me. Additionally, I have nothing but disdain for our 'union' and would like nothing better than to be able tell them, "Sorry boys, unless and until you show me that you are worth it, I am withholding your funds", I think it would be a great incentive for them to earn their money for once.

In the overall picture, i agree in some change, nafta, trade, most definately our union and hoffa. but as abf people, we need the help of not having as much anti union bargaining anti union govt. we have been weakened enough. our state laws will be important. But increasing jobs, industry, etc will keep our trucks full i hope..not bashing, just asking.i am open to any change..appreciate your opinions.

Lord, please give us Donald Trump and Fred Zuckerman, you know we need them.

Amen
If things don't work out maybe there is a clause in the IBT Constitution that allows for a recall if one or more officers in high office are indicted and convicted of a crime.Can we say recall

I haven't wanted to comment, but food for thought. I heard for months around ABF Trump Trump. kept my mouth shut, see here Lord give us Trump. Makes me think about what happened to Democrat and pro union? Yes I know our union has shafted us. But looked what has happened, a vote for trump meant votes for most Republican Gov, Senate, etc.. bad for organized labor supporters, right to work issues, pro orghanized labor laws, etc.. Have to think what my organized labor co workers are thinking? corrupt, crazy, not qualified, whatever, but a republican controlled govt is bad for us in organized labor. I agree our country needed change but not anti organized labor.

Deregulation, Nafta, TPP all brought to you by Democratic Presidents. You know the old saying, "with friends like that who needs enemies."

Deregulation, Nafta, TPP all brought to you by Democratic Presidents. You know the old saying, "with friends like that who needs enemies."
Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, CHIPS programs, Your children on your health ins till age 26, No exclusion for previous conditions. Labor friendly Supreme court justices and federal district judges. All brought to you by Democrats. Working people need social programs and an occasional fair shake from the justice system.

If the union provides a good service it will sell itself. We as members need to outreach more than ever. When people stopped talking and listening to each other things started going downhill in this country.

Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, CHIPS programs, Your children on your health ins till age 26, No exclusion for previous conditions. Labor friendly Supreme court justices and federal district judges. All brought to you by Democrats. Working people need social programs and an occasional fair shake from the justice system.

And we will need all the social programs we can get when the only jobs left in this country are service jobs.