Let's do it now.

v for vendetta

TB Lurker
Credits
There comes a time in everyones life when you need to stand up and fight for what you know to be right. For the past year we have been bullied,lied to,and our families and ourselves have been threatened. It should be obvious to every Oak employee by now that we need to end this crap. The issues go far beyond the retiree situation although that is the most heinous act. There really is nothing for anybody,office,dock,pd,or line in this proposal. Our only real choice is to pull the plug now. Why continue through another stress filled holiday season. If they're prepared so what. If they want to trully negotiate let's do it. It hardly matters if we have a job or not at Oak Harbor ,as it is not
or will it ever be the good and honorable company it once was. Without us they could only be a discount bottom feeder. Time is now ,lets show the cards. Oh and Oak mgt I have no cell phone for your convienience. I will take all legally required breaks,and one last thing no extra mile service for you. Kiss my behind !
Sincerely Bitter and Betrayed

The company obviously wants a fight and it is time to give them
one. Get the innocents out of the way, thier freight off our docks
out of our trailers and lets do this.
No matter the outcome we'll know we stood up
for ourselves, our families and what was right.
Greed will be Dave and Eds downfall.

"All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men (or women) to do nothing"

Guys,
My source tells me that there are things in the works right now to protect the Oak Harbor employees. The union has been waiting for this opportunity to come. That is why it has been such a long hard fight. The time is here and now and if all things go as hoped you guys will have the protection if and when you go out. Be a bit more patient and hopefully this will all work out in the end, which is what we all want.

Good Luck
FTHEM!!!!!!!

Something certainly needs to be done. Just sitting on our @$$es waiting for something to happen isn't working anymore.

Want will it take?

I saw the handout that the company gave to all their employees. Your medical will be the same as their nonunion employees. Has anyone talked to them to find out how much out of pocket they now have to pay? You will no longer have sick leave? Do you have small children or like us who are taking care of an elderly parent, will you loose your job because they require to much care? As for the retiree's if they have paid into a program that covers them then Oak Harbor is responsible to carry it out. How can they treat people this way and still keep their heads high? They are making a lot of money on the backs of their working people while they want to take away our way of life.
why the workers have not walked the line in the last 10 months has all of us shaking our heads.

Do you have small children or like us who are taking care of an elderly parent, will you loose your job because they require to much care?

Just because sick leave goes away does not mean you still do not have rights. FMLA would still be in affect so taking care of children or elderly parents would be covered.

The other stuff I cannot respond to.

The Teamsters sure suck at keeping their members informed, pretty pathetic that I have to go to an Oak Harbor sponsored web site to get an idea what's going on. At the last meeting before the break president of local 81 promised us that the website would be updated regarding OHFL reguarly, but no updates have been posted in four months.

At the NMFA companies people are scrambling for answers rumors and speculation regarding the merger, are all we have to go on other than a few company remarks and a IBT statement in the message board. In it they say that LTL is now %40 unionized I know it a moot point now, but what was the percentage when Hoffa took office? Why can't the locals take a few hours to have a meeting to answer our questions, or if they don't have answers, at least let us get together to discuss possibilities, are the issues really that arcane? I think members do care, and I think they deserve some representation and support from the locals when the stuff makes contact with the rotary device. Anyone with me on that?

One more thing regarding the anti union ads presented by the Berman firm, at a meeting I was told they are trying to coax us into a fight to waste our money and we shouldn't acknowledge them. I disagree, politics 101 after an attack a response should be posted as soon as possible. I know we would like to not have to engage them, and it would be great if we could rely on the public to do their due diligence, I hate to be pessimistic but its absolutely necessary to protect out interests politically and if that means spending some cash we need to do it.

Sorry for the long/off subject post, my thoughts are always with Oak Harbor members and their seemingly perpetual struggle against selfish, greedy, people with no sense of morality. I know the solidarity at the barns is stronger than ever, I don't know what to say, I am embarrassed that the Teamsters have not called a strike yet, and if they won't strike this company, how could anyone assume they would ever call a strike anywhere?
All the rank and file member can do now is make sure things don't run smoothly for them, few sticks in the spokes can go a long way!

I believe that the Boeing machinists have showed us up. They were angry and wanted to fire their union leaders for stalling 48 hrs. I wonder what they would think of a 10 month delay. We need to let our union leaders know on the 21st that it is time to end this stalemate one way or the other. The teamsters need to take back their place as leaders in the workforce not stepping stones for the workplace.

I believe that the Boeing machinists have showed us up. They were angry and wanted to fire their union leaders for stalling 48 hrs. I wonder what they would think of a 10 month delay. We need to let our union leaders know on the 21st that it is time to end this stalemate one way or the other. The teamsters need to take back their place as leaders in the workforce not stepping stones for the workplace.

I heard on the radio the strike is costing Boeing 100 million dollars every day, I gotta give these guys some respect because they didn't sell out, the contract had good raises, but they are fighting to keep their jobs in this country.

When did it become a crime to be a worker in this country? It's like the attitude is get an education, or you are worthless, what about raising a family, and living life, is being a blue collar American such a bad thing, where did this stigma come from? I have allot of respect for people that pursue an education, I really think it's a great thing. It's not for everyone, and I don't see why someone who works hard should be treated as any less of a person.

To all you blue collar republicans, you need to wake up, we have enough people fighting against us. Here's my advice buy all the guns you want and lock them in your closet, if anyone ever comes to take them away say they were stolen years ago. Tell anyone you are associated with if they ever have an abortion you will never associate with them again, realize that this is family and community issue if the federal government insists on legislating morality, we will surly fail. Look at the federal budget and realize that a very small portion of Taxpayer money goes to support "welfare leeches". Then look at the politics your job needs to be protected by legislation such as the Free Choice Act, companies that abuse the American spirit need to be taxed, incoming shipments of Chinese made goods need to be taxed, we need to re-establish our country, globalization really means de-Amerification.

If every strike were based on the same issues and within the same industry I might agree with you. Boeing has orders for planes sitting there and their customers will help to settle this dispute. The Oak Harbor folks are in a completely different situation and to compare the 2 is not appropriate.

What people fail to realize is that the Union has been patient, while everyone keeps working and getting their benefits, for the company to drop the ball. The company has done some things that has lead to ULP's being filed and if the ULP's stick it would prevent the company from permanantly replacing the workers. The patience shown by the Union has been difficult for them as well and all of the B.S. talk from people who don't know the real story does not help out at all. IT CREATES DIVISION!!!!!!

GO TO WORK, DO A GOOD JOB, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

When will the unin let us know "SEE WHAT HAPPENS". HOW LONG DO WE PUT ARE LIVES ON HOLD. Do we buy a new truck or will we not have a job to pay for it?

When will the unin let us know "SEE WHAT HAPPENS". HOW LONG DO WE PUT ARE LIVES ON HOLD. Do we buy a new truck or will we not have a job to pay for it?

Would you rather they pull the plug now and you lose your job or would you rather they do everything possible to protect your job going forward. There are about 600 families in this fight and to pull the plug and then hope that they all get living wage jobs is a tough pill to swallow. Of course the unknown is difficult, we all know that, but in today's economy pulling the plug before everything that can be done has been done is irresponsible. Hang in there a bit longer because I can't see this going much further.

Time to Think Right

What kind of idiots want a strike after todays economic news? Are you really as stupid as the old Teamsters used to be. The Neg. team has dragged their feet not the company...when give backs are involved you just drag it out...there will be no strike or everyone of you lazy sheep will be out of a job. I want to keep mine. The company bar b que was great. Your posting on the board not to go was unreal. They can replace us in a new york minute...The Cowboy is out there waiting right now hiring truckers...they probably have close to 1000 drivers to take our jobs. Just look at Northwest Airlines. Anybody can be replaced. A $20 an hour driver taking a load in the middle of the night means nothing to the customer. Oak will load the GPS and sent The Cowboy and his posse out with our jobs. The Company has CLEARLY STATED "WE WILL HIRE PERMANENT REPLACEMENTS!!!

The Cowboy has come on here and taunted us so bad they kicked him off the site. I heard from an office pal that this guy does strikes everyday of the year and is drooling to get his guys in here. Then our jobs will be gone forever.

Please don't screw this up...why do you think the IBT has not called a strike and has stretched this out...they have no leverage because the economy is horrible and most of us DO NOT WANT a strike. Get on the behinds of these idiots that are negotiating.

Pray for us Brothers

This is not the same strong teamster's of the past,this is the new generation of teamster's that will go to any length to bow down to the companies that own them.Talk is cheap folks i come on here and read of people that say let's strike and let's show em who run's the company only to see that nobody has done anything but let the boy's get thier way.Your now over 10 month's working without a contract and your no closer to getting one then the day they started neg. this one.You need to ask yourself's why spend the money to be in the teamster's if they are not willing to stage a strike to protect your paying interest,Most teamster member's at oak harbor have no backbone and are unable to make thier own decisions because they have this false sense of security that if we pay someone else they will take care of me.They will get me the best money can buy,um i dont think so if that was the case you would have either been out with sign's and burn barrel's or you would have had a signed contract that you could live with.Go ask the striking member's at boeing if they would have waited this long only to see nothing in improvment.You need to ask yourself how long am i willing to wait,because you all know one day the boys will get thier way and the strong teamsters of long ago will be gone and why is that.........because people lost the gut's to fight for what was right,are you a leader or a follower....a follower will do whatever the leader say's........the leader's are willing to take a chance or a risk for what they feel is right.GOOD LUCK I HOPE FOR YOUR SAKE YOU TAKE A CHANCE.

Good job, well said. We'll get this voted in and in 3 years we can get rid of the teamsters and get our own union and have a great contract.

See you sat. we need this deal...look at wall street and all the houses in trouble...even our own Brothers are in trouble.

Git er done Saturday and let's keep working.

The economy sucks, but your postings suck more. The company iwas making a lot of money but they want their employees to work for less benefits than the nonunion carriers are now providing for their employees. Oakh has been built on the backs of teamsters who care about the good job that they do for the compensasion they receive. The replacement drivers they have brought in have offended customers and have crashed trucks. The driver who showed up in our office today looked like he hadn't bathed in days. Is this the new look of OAKH. This is what you get for the money.