Let's do what we do!

imported_NuShuz

TB Lurker
Credits
Gentelmen,
In the past few weeks I have observed several comments on this aspect or that aspect of this and several other companies and decided to create this post as as response to a few of them. First and foremost, we are DRIVERS. We are paid a wage to do just that. I believe Wilson has some of the BEST drivers in this country, bar none. We have only a small degree of knowledge concerning day to day operations and quite frankly, that's more than I have time to concern myself with. Some of you seem to be unhappy with the fact that your trucks are slower than others. First, Mr. Wilson has to fuel each and every one of them every day to the tune of eighty to one hundred gallons or so. At any increased speed, the fuel total suffers! Keep in mind that we have a service program that is second to NONE! Yes, your truck may have a million miles on it, but it can also be said that we run our trucks each and every day, with the exception of a few break downs, without fail! You are running on good tires, a fact that I'm sure you and your families appreciate. You may also have to sleep in a bunkroom that might not be as nice as your bedroom, however, you should only be in that bunkroom for one day on most occasions. My point is, Wilson consumes a LOT of cost to continue this operation, decisions are made every day in management to keep operation cost down. Sometimes those decisions aren't popular with everyone, but are needed to help the companies bottom line. We, as drivers don't need to know what those are. All we need to know is that we have a truck, whether it's our assigned unit or not, to drive to our destination point. And that we are able to deliver our freight, on time and in good condition, to our customers in order to keep THEM happy. THEY pay the bills as you are aware of. We should let Fishersville concern themselves with company matters and we should concern ourselves with nothing more than driving that truck, period.

Yes,we are drivers.Drivers have opinions and if an opinion is presented in the proper way why should you or anyone else have a problem with it.

Im not gonna talk about personal company matters in an open forum but I think some in management are glad to have input from the field.

Furthermore,nobody ive talked to know if you're an actual Wilson employee.If you are,welcome to the site and thank you for your opinion,because just like you,everyone has one even if they differ.

Also,knowing ones identity in this forum can give everyone else a better understanding of ones opinion.If you have a 550-600 mile run on a nightly basis,or are you basking in the 300 club like a lot of drivers.Are you a shuttle driver that feels the need to refuel and wash his truck every 100 miles???Alot of factors go into account when assessing ones opinion...

i am with you 9fan , everyone knows me or of me anyway , i am happy at Wilson but still can have concerns about things and have the right by being an American to say what i think. it is up to any employer to make his drivers happy, most drivers will say what they think to other drivers and not to the employer so this way we can help them know how the drivers feel and they will do what they can to make it all work better,we all should do what we can to have a better work place and environment .maybe i miss understood nushuz but it sounded like in a nut shell he was saying we should all "just shut up and drive" ,i wouldn't want to work for a company that had that attitude ,at least we have a few in management that wants our opinions

Yes 9Fan, I am a road driver. And no, I'm not saying "Shut up and Drive". I'm simply saying that although a lot of things concern us about this or any other job, there are some things you and I aren't at liberty to know or change. Picking management for answers under the disguise of an open forum just seems a little obvious though, don't you think? I haven't revealed my idendity because one, I have that right and two, I assumed that the reaction to my post would be something along the lines of unkind. I can assure you that I am a road driver and I've been here quite a long time. I'm sorry if anything I've said in my post may have rubbed you or anyone else the wrong way, but I wouldn't retract one bit of it.

Yes 9Fan, I am a road driver. And no, I'm not saying "Shut up and Drive". I'm simply saying that although a lot of things concern us about this or any other job, there are some things you and I aren't at liberty to know or change. Picking management for answers under the disguise of an open forum just seems a little obvious though, don't you think? I haven't revealed my idendity because one, I have that right and two, I assumed that the reaction to my post would be something along the lines of unkind. I can assure you that I am a road driver and I've been here quite a long time. I'm sorry if anything I've said in my post may have rubbed you or anyone else the wrong way, but I wouldn't retract one bit of it.

:hysterical:Picking management??Surely I hope you give them guys more credit than that.Open forum is just that,you contribute to a post or you don't.Their is no requirement to participate,or contribute,to a thread.I think having management on a "non work" atmosphere is quite advantageous to both parties.

I would like to know the thread or post in the Wilson forum you are referring to as far as "picking management"??

If it wasn't for these posts or threads do you think they would be remodeling the bunkrooms at RIC.At least they are trying to make it comfortable at every terminal for every driver.

Double M

I haven't been here quite as long as you, but longer than others. I'm not really sure as to why that would cause you to wonder, or what that has to do with my posting though. Could you please explain?