ODFL | Let's fix this

Would have loved to seen the amount of money & back scratching that was done back when the law was written.But,yes OD need's to step up and really show that we are the Premier LTL Company.They do take this law to there advantage for sure.Look how much money they save by paying reg time up to 60 hour's in most state's.Other thing that really burn's me is the $74 and some change that we the driver's who only qualify for a 1 year Medical Certificate have to pay OD now by certified fund's to Corp every other year.Has much money this company makes and throw's away there should be no ? at all in this matter.It really is Sad.Love working here and OD is up on the list for LTL Company's to work for.But,it just burn's my A.. for sure.."JOM"

Just remember..... if you JOM hard enough, you may just get to see the sales rep take the lazy driver who works in your area out to lunch instead of you.

Just remember..... if you JOM hard enough, you may just get to see the sales rep take the lazy driver who works in your area out to lunch instead of you.
Our Sales Rep's here are really good about riding and paying for there lunch with all the driver's.Here we are assigned to rep's in there area that we run.I have been in another area before and sales rep called dispatch and told to call that rep to meet for lunch.We are treated very well here

Federal law exempts certain industries from the overtime regulation because we are considered "unskilled labor". They're completely within the law, but way behind the times.
Okay...so with that being said, how much OT do the city guys work? Do they exploit that 'law' to their fullest advantage, or do they keep you reasonably close to 40?

Would have loved to seen the amount of money & back scratching that was done back when the law was written.But,yes OD need's to step up and really show that we are the Premier LTL Company.They do take this law to there advantage for sure.Look how much money they save by paying reg time up to 60 hour's in most state's.Other thing that really burn's me is the $74 and some change that we the driver's who only qualify for a 1 year Medical Certificate have to pay OD now by certified fund's to Corp every other year.Has much money this company makes and throw's away there should be no ? at all in this matter.It really is Sad.Love working here and OD is up on the list for LTL Company's to work for.But,it just burn's my A.. for sure.."JOM"

U have to pay 4 ur own dot med card?

Let's not forget the full cost of the hazmat b.s. that has been in place for year's now, I would like to know if were the only company that doesn't reimburse it's drivers.

We dont even get paid for drop and hooks at any meet points, O.D. must be hurting for money. Shame they can't afford 3 dollars a day for their driver's that probably just sit for a hour for free waiting on their hooks.

Gotta admit it's better than swapping tractors like they used to do....

Reactions: Ump
We dont even get paid for drop and hooks at any meet points, O.D. must be hurting for money. Shame they can't afford 3 dollars a day for their driver's that probably just sit for a hour for free waiting on their hooks.
Spent all our money sponsoring MLB! Some things we do really well, others not so much. Over working drivers at straight pay...we do that well. Succession planning...not so much. Seeing a director retire and then contracted back to do the same job for 6 months at twice the pay because someone failed to plan...I hope someone fails to plan for my retirement (BUT then they will just from the dock)