ABF | Let's get ready to RUMMMMBLE

Teamster Hitman

TB Lurker
Credits
I saw the pension grab video, The manager asked me what I think. I said that I have to get up in my attic and find my old picket sign an dust it off. Who stands to gain the most from dumping our pensions? You guessed it. ABF management. They are big stock holders in the company. If they can pull this off the value of the company will go through the roof. They call our pensions a liability. And I call it my life line. I already have a 401K. You have to go until your 59 1/2 to collect, Whichs takes the 25 an out any age off the table for me. Makes me wonder why a Multi-Millionaire is worried about me and my pension. They say an equal amount of Teamster officials as company to sit on the board. All it would take is for one Teamster turn coat to sell us out. And they know it.
They didn't get to be rich by being stupid. We have guys under the the multi-tier wage system getting $ 16.71 an hr the only reason that they are working for ABF is the pension. They can go to Fed freight tommorow and start at a higher rate. You can't bullshit the baker try the candle stick maker.:chairshot:

They say an equal amount of Teamster officials as company to sit on the board. All it would take is for one Teamster turn coat to sell us out. And they know it.
They didn't get to be rich by being stupid.

I agree, management has had an equal amount of people sitting on MEPF boards in control of the existing pension funds... They are equally responsible for the current conditions ( good & bad) that our funds are in.

I have a 401-k at UPS Freight.
I got it going with Overnite.
I'm over 63 now,but just after I reached 59 & 1/2 I drew a large sum out to pay off some of my high interest credit card debt.
WOW what a shock I got.
The Fed's had to take their 20% off the top,before I got the check.
New York the over taxed state I live in said I could wait till tax time at the end of the year for them to get their 8% cut.
So when you can start getting your 401-k funds at age 59 &1/2 you don't have to pay any penelties,but man,oh man you sure get wacked with the income taxes.

I agree, management has had an equal amount of people sitting on MEPF boards in control of the existing pension funds... They are equally responsible for the current conditions ( good & bad) that our funds are in.

yes it would be extremely foolish to believe that company control of our pension and health & welfare monies would not hurt us

the difference now is that the companies do not have easy access to that money, allowing them to solely administer it would grant that access
for sure the company could care less about what happens to you once you officially leave their "family" and retire:biglaugh:

I saw the pension grab video, The manager asked me what I think. I said that I have to get up in my attic and find my old picket sign an dust it off. Who stands to gain the most from dumping our pensions? You guessed it. ABF management. They are big stock holders in the company. If they can pull this off the value of the company will go through the roof. They call our pensions a liability. And I call it my life line. I already have a 401K. You have to go until your 59 1/2 to collect, Whichs takes the 25 an out any age off the table for me. Makes me wonder why a Multi-Millionaire is worried about me and my pension. They say an equal amount of Teamster officials as company to sit on the board. All it would take is for one Teamster turn coat to sell us out. And they know it.
They didn't get to be rich by being stupid. We have guys under the the multi-tier wage system getting $ 16.71 an hr the only reason that they are working for ABF is the pension. They can go to Fed freight tommorow and start at a higher rate. You can't bullshit the baker try the candle stick maker.:chairshot:
Teamster-Hitman,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A BIG AMEN,AMEN,AMEN:smilie_132: (AND THEY ALL SAID)

I have a 401-k at UPS Freight.
I got it going with Overnite.
I'm over 63 now,but just after I reached 59 & 1/2 I drew a large sum out to pay off some of my high interest credit card debt.
WOW what a shock I got.
The Fed's had to take their 20% off the top,before I got the check.
New York the over taxed state I live in said I could wait till tax time at the end of the year for them to get their 8% cut.
So when you can start getting your 401-k funds at age 59 &1/2 you don't have to pay any penelties,but man,oh man you sure get wacked with the income taxes.

Apostolic :1036316054:

WRONG !!!!!!!!!!
It is true that any money you take out of your 401K after age 59 1/2 you don't pay the 10% penalty for early withdrawal, but you still pay taxes on any amount you withdraw as ordinary income. So for example when you took your money out to pay your high interest credit cards you made 80,000 dollars working for UPS Freight and then you took 60,000 dollars from your 401K, now when you do your taxes you end up paying taxes on 140,000 dollars adjusted gross income, unless you have other deductions. The 140,000 dollar AGI may put you in a higher tax bracket and therefore your shock of having to pay all those taxes.
The whole idea of taking money from your 401K is for after you retire and are not working any longer your taxable rate should be around 15% if you take enough out to just live on, plus your social security and other pensions you may have.

:smilie_132:

Who stands to gain the most from dumping our pensions? You guessed it. ABF management. They are big stock holders in the company. If they can pull this off the value of the company will go through the roof. They call our pensions a liability.

Teamster Hitman :1036316054:

Have you ever considered that you may be a lot happier with a union job working for the state or federal government??????
They sure as heck don't have to worry about making a profit and you never have to worry about going on strike.
Ill conceived pension plans are a liability for publicly traded companies like ABF, YRCW and UPS.
If they don't get it fixed soon they won't be able to sustain it forever. These companies just can't print money like the federal government does to keep another hoax going called social security.

:smilie_132:

I'm right there with ya bro.

I'll start welding tire spikes now

I'm Ready To "Pull The Doors" Now!

:1036316054: It's time for Hoffa, Hall and Johnson to draw a line in the sand and say "No F**king Way"! Tell the UPS, ABF, and YRC CEO's to stop the union busting now, or we'll forget the "early UPS negotiations", the bogus UPS Freight talks, and we'll get ready to set up the picket lines 4-1-2008!

If the Teamsters ever get out of the multi-employer Health and Welfare and Pension Funds, they're doomed. The Pensions are what sets us apart from all the rest of trucking, and our employers know it! If we give away our Health and Welfare and Pension Funds for some bullshit 401k plan, or some bogus company/union single employer plan, we will never organize another trucker into this union! Let's call for a stop to these employer shenanigans NOW! Tell management to shove those videos!:nutkick:

All the barns i seen it to not good guys i think they call a team report video :toxic:did you see the noze grow on b-dave when he was talking he could not hold a straight face......himmmmm

:1036316054: It's time for Hoffa, Hall and Johnson to draw a line in the sand and say "No F**king Way"! Tell the UPS, ABF, and YRC CEO's to stop the union busting now, or we'll forget the "early UPS negotiations", the bogus UPS Freight talks, and we'll get ready to set up the picket lines 4-1-2008!

If the Teamsters ever get out of the multi-employer Health and Welfare and Pension Funds, they're doomed. The Pensions are what sets us apart from all the rest of trucking, and our employers know it! If we give away our Health and Welfare and Pension Funds for some bullshit 401k plan, or some bogus company/union single employer plan, we will never organize another trucker into this union! Let's call for a stop to these employer shenanigans NOW! Tell management to shove those videos!:nutkick:
So far YRC has not mentioned pulling out of the Teamsters fund but it's just a matter of time till they jump on the band wagon,and I can't agree with you more,we need to stay united as Teamsters and tell all these companies and our leaders that this is our money and our fund and that is not to be brought to the table period.

Yeah what happened to the employer contributions on our behalf for our benefit package we worked for all of these years?

I've got 20.2 years of earned credit in the Teamsters pension.
I'm 63 now,and am planing on getting out when I'm 65,just about 1 &1/2 years from now.
For that time seeing I started in the union in 1966 the Teamsters companies weren't paying much into the benefit package back then.
But I earned this credit,and want it when I'm ready to hang up my steering wheel!

Smokescreen????

The more that I think about these reports of UPS & ABF buying out of the pension funds, the more I think that stldude44 may be right. This whole issue may just be a smokescreen while they negotiate other unpopular issues
It seems that every chance they get ABF mentions the pension fund. What do you think that she means by this?
It's needless posturing/light intimidation so to speak. I wouldn't worry too much about it. That's what she wants you to do.

Yeah what happened to the employer contributions on our behalf for our benefit package we worked for all of these years?

I've got 20.2 years of earned credit in the Teamsters pension.
I'm 63 now,and am planing on getting out when I'm 65,just about 1 &1/2 years from now.
For that time seeing I started in the union in 1966 the Teamsters companies weren't paying much into the benefit package back then.
But I earned this credit,and want it when I'm ready to hang up my steering wheel!

I wouldn't worry about getting your pension. I honestly believe that it will be there when you retire. Are all your earned credits in that sweet NY state fund?
Call me gullible, but I believe what Tyson Johnson has said about the Teamsters protecting our pensions....
UPS' proposal is just that, a proposal. Teamster leaders are studying the proposal now and gathering information from the Central States Fund to fully assess the impact. You can be assured that your Teamster leaders will not support any proposal that will harm any active or retired Central States member.

You may have also heard that CEO Robert Davidson of ABF has been giving reports that he would like to have his company withdraw from all Teamster pension plans. We will not permit ABF or any other freight company to do anything that will harm any active or retired Central States member. Please be assured that any proposal related to pensions from ABF, or any other freight company, will not be discussed until NMFA talks begin later this year.

I urge you to not be swayed by rumors. Instead, visit the Teamsters web site for the latest information.

Yes sir I've always been blessed of God to have had city driving jobs since 1963 when I'd quit school and launched out into our big world to earn a good paycheck.

I found very early on that the trucking industry offered a very good living with very little education required.
Man,oh man have times changed on the education thing.
Back when I first started the only requirement was to be able to read,and write english,and count to 100.
It was truely a no brainer.

Shift the gears,and aim it down the center of your lane.
well yes it did help if you could also back up using your side mirrors.

But now days you've got to have somemore between your ears to make it in this business.
Yes sir times have really changed on the education issue.