XPO | Lets go union now!

Do you think the union coming in would fix all that? Let me tell you how all this would play out if the Union got voted in. 1. Your current wages and work rules would be locked in with no raises coming untill a contract was reached. 2. Con-way would not negotiate, I have heard this from our very own lawyers. 3. It would end up in arbitration which we are required to go to but nor required to listen to. 4. Con-way would still refuse and employees would have 2 choices, strike or disolve the union. By then the damage would be done and we would have lost a large portion of our customers. This will take several years to go through all the while you never get a raise.

Last edited by a moderator:
And so what's the down side? The same thing was said back in the old days when the unions were getting started. This company jsut plain sucks anymore. Thay don't give a Dam about the workers and you know it. Point to one thing the company has done for us? If you say the sorry raise they passed on to us this year then that just shows you don't get it. We are the Laughing stocjk of the LTL companies. When I started you had to know somebody to get a job here, know all you have to do is have a pulse. So they freeze are wages big deal. so they freeze the work rules, big deal, Con-way can try and bluff but in the end they would lose, it would take some time but in the end they would lose.
One more thing Grey shirt should we just keep thking up the A$$ every time they want to FU%K us? If they walk in Monday and tell you That you are taking a 20% pay cut just because they feel like it are you going to be okay with it? or if they tell you your work day is now 15 hours a day 6 days a week are you going to say thank you? ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I hate that it has come to this i really do, but the TIME IS NOW.

Do you think the union coming in would fix all that? Let me tell you how all this would play out if the Union got voted in. 1. Your current wages and work rules would be locked in with no raises coming untill a contract was reached. 2. Con-way would not negotiate, I have heard this from our very own lawyers. 3. It would end up in arbitration which we are required to go to but nor required to listen to. 4. Con-way would still refuse and employees would have 2 choices, strike or disolve the union. By then the damage would be done and we would have lost a large portion of our customers. This will take several years to go through all the while you never get a raise.

or a pay cut

And what makes you an expert on nogations over a contract ? So what if Conway doesen't want to negotiate over the possibility of this company going union they never do, and if a overwhelming number of employees sign cards it would be in there best interest to come to some kind of agreement with the employees over various issues. We have had about enough of this stuff you managers are dishing out... This place is unsafe,dangerous,and quiet frankly we are tired of walking on eggshells around here, we are micro-managed to the point we can't concentrate with out the fear of being fired at any given time. Over the last few years this sorry azz company has become anti-employee and don't give a crap about anyone that walks through the door and its truly amazing that upper management does not have enough common since to see the light as to why the turnover is so high . That conspiracy theory of the company will never let this happen will not work anymore ... We are sick of this crap and yes we have signed cards in repercussion from this intolerable abuse from management !
And by the way we have nothing but time... so as to a loss 'it dont matter' because we're already at the bottom ... Pay & moral !

Last edited by a moderator:
Conway is rolling in the dough. Would they deny the shareholders profit dollars for a teeny tiny strike? And if they told us they were holding wages how great would the o/r be then? If they were doing folks right, these words would never be brought up. Never heard anyone mutter the u word until we all merged and corporate greed took over.

Your post is like the words of a pimp,if we don't continue to get screwed bad things are going to happen. Do you really expect us to believe that the management would jepordize 90% of the business by not negotiatiating? No raises,but no takeaways either HUmm.