Estes | Lets run and post on the G I forum

I just cooled my heels in the arm pit of the system, Baltimore ,for 19 hours .Was so freaking pissed I could not see straight ,after battling holiday traffic and 3 short hooks. I went out for a short drive down US 1 and found about 20 OTR trucks lined up at Unilever waiting to unload .Then I remembered that we are here to make a profit for a company so we can get paid more than .40 CPM . Call me a a** smootcher but do any of you remember doing grocery warehouses and getting screwed by the lumpers? I will keep an eye out for a better gig, but this company is FAR from screwing anyone. Some of you have gravy runs and have forgotten what it is like do hard runs. Stop whining.

look man, you are NOT comparing apples to apples here. OTR is a totally different than LTL. run down the list, LTL to LTL and get back with me.

yes estes is better than most OTR, that is why they love hiring those guys....no matter how much estes screws you it will still be heads and shoulders better than jb hunt/swift

Freeze i appologize. I read this eather at night or early morning. I thought you where saying I called someone a lier. I read it out of context and appologize only for this.
Sometimes I can be a dumb as*.
Also I posted this after I responded to PM

"apologize only for this" ??????????? What about calling me a liar? You never apologized for that!!! How dare you sir. I'm very stressed. And when you refer to me as trash, please do so with white in front next time. Thats white trash to you sir.

"apologize only for this" ??????????? What about calling me a liar? You never apologized for that!!! How dare you sir. I'm very stressed. And when you refer to me as trash, please do so with white in front next time. Thats white trash to you sir.

At least you have a since of humor

I do have a since of humor. And I use humor while talking since. That being said. I admit I have a sour taste in my mouth towards upper Estes management. But as I have posted before that I wish all other employees the best. My views are negative. Yours and JimBobs are positive. We can agree to disagree on these issues. But even yourself noted that you have lost pay and are spending more time away from your family to earn less. If you can spin a positive out of that situation, then your'e a better man than I. I elected to leave after over twenty years with G.I. I guess what bothers me the most about companys like estes is this. Back in the day, non union regional companys out west offered pay and benefits just beneath the union contracts. Avoiding becoming union themselves. These companys have now been swallowed up by larger non union companies from the south eastern region that have historically gotten away with a lot less over head (pay bennies etc.) These outfits reduce the standard of living out west by imposing their pay structure, benefits,working conditions etc. on their newly aquired employees. I view this as damaging to our way of life out west. And I don't apreciate it. And I will fight this movement to the end. I admit we have had it good out here for a long time. I don't want to be a contributor to a company that views the west as spoiled and over payed. I know this is a drawn out manifesto. I just wanted to help you guys understand why this jack off thinks about Estes the way he does. Hope you understand even if you don't agree. See ya....

I do have a since of humor. And I use humor while talking since. That being said. I admit I have a sour taste in my mouth towards upper Estes management. But as I have posted before that I wish all other employees the best. My views are negative. Yours and JimBobs are positive. We can agree to disagree on these issues. But even yourself noted that you have lost pay and are spending more time away from your family to earn less. If you can spin a positive out of that situation, then your'e a better man than I. I elected to leave after over twenty years with G.I. I guess what bothers me the most about companys like estes is this. Back in the day, non union regional companys out west offered pay and benefits just beneath the union contracts. Avoiding becoming union themselves. These companys have now been swallowed up by larger non union companies from the south eastern region that have historically gotten away with a lot less over head (pay bennies etc.) These outfits reduce the standard of living out west by imposing their pay structure, benefits,working conditions etc. on their newly aquired employees. I view this as damaging to our way of life out west. And I don't apreciate it. And I will fight this movement to the end. I admit we have had it good out here for a long time. I don't want to be a contributor to a company that views the west as spoiled and over payed. I know this is a drawn out manifesto. I just wanted to help you guys understand why this jack off thinks about Estes the way he does. Hope you understand even if you don't agree. See ya....

Who is the jack off?????????

You obviously only come on here to **** people off, why don't you start your own thread and stay on it. Then the rest of us can have sensible dialogue.

First off I started this thread.

Third before I started posting you bad mouthed the company about everything. You have toend down since there now is a differnt view.

You obviously only come on here to **** people off, why don't you start your own thread and stay on it. Then the rest of us can have sensible dialogue.

If some of you where not so anti estes that are still employes by estes I would have never started posting.:smilie_132:

We can agree to disagree on these issues. But even yourself noted that you have lost pay and are spending more time away from your family to earn less. If you can spin a positive out of that situation, then your'e a better man than I.QUOTE]

I can make a list as long as my arm about the bad things Estes has done and continues to do.
It is not bad enough that I want to quit. It might get to that point I am not saying I will work here no matter what.
I have a run right now that also is the same run for fedexf, conway, ups not freight, oak harbor and dats. Central canceled ther run 3 weeks ago. I make more money than any of them with the same run. Even with my pay getting cut.
I do not want to put a spin on anything. Estes needs to change alot of things. I do not see anyone steping up and pushing for the U. And I do not see any unity.
Estes does check this board and they have contacted me about it. I will continue to post my views whatever they are, no matter who reads them.
And the only problem I have had with you is the post about pay cuts for top tier( me ) drivers that make .535 plus a penny for triples. Estes is not thinking about that according to them. I think they know they would loose way to many great drivers, and just give a reason to vote the U in.
Also I get to rebid in Sept. for Oct. start. So I will get whatever run is left over that I want.

We can agree to disagree on these issues. But even yourself noted that you have lost pay and are spending more time away from your family to earn less. If you can spin a positive out of that situation, then your'e a better man than I.QUOTE]

I can make a list as long as my arm about the bad things Estes has done and continues to do.
It is not bad enough that I want to quit. It might get to that point I am not saying I will work here no matter what.
I have a run right now that also is the same run for fedexf, conway, ups not freight, oak harbor and dats. Central canceled ther run 3 weeks ago. I make more money than any of them with the same run. Even with my pay getting cut.
I do not want to put a spin on anything. Estes needs to change alot of things. I do not see anyone steping up and pushing for the U. And I do not see any unity.
Estes does check this board and they have contacted me about it. I will continue to post my views whatever they are, no matter who reads them.
And the only problem I have had with you is the post about pay cuts for top tier( me ) drivers that make .535 plus a penny for triples. Estes is not thinking about that according to them. I think they know they would loose way to many great drivers, and just give a reason to vote the U in.
Also I get to rebid in Sept. for Oct. start. So I will get whatever run is left over that I want.
Im intrested in what Estes said when they contacted you.Also I would like to know if your P&D out west makes anymore than us in the east.We make 21.75

Who is the jack off?????????

Mt I think he just didn't know who I was calling a jack off. It was an ill attempt at self depricating humor. I know by your previous posting that you think us californians "think funny" so I was calling myself a jack off for your enjoyment.

Im intrested in what Estes said when they contacted you.Also I would like to know if your P&D out west makes anymore than us in the east.We make 21.75

Estes west has different hourly wages depending what the cost of living is at your terminal. 22.50 for most of the bigger terminals with high cost of living. I think the bay area may be more (S.F) How do red necks check the cost of living any way? I guess they check the local liquor store. If a six pack and a pair of billy bob teethe and a nascar thermos jug cost over 10 bucks it's considered high cost!

I think P&D makes the same. They just asked about some of my comments. And informed me of someone on here.

Here he goes again, trying to intimidate me into shutting up. If I hadn't varified that you truly were a driver ,I would swear you were management. The king will never be silenced!! I have been very carefull not to slander estes or anyone else in such a way that would warrant litigation. I am much too clever and cunning for that. Besides I have family who are corporate lawyers. I have been councled very well. Even if I did slip up and say the wrong thing. I would find a way to pipe internet access into my jail cell and still rag on Estes. Don't blame me. They drew first blood....

Here he goes again, trying to intimidate me into shutting up. If I hadn't varified that you truly were a driver ,I would swear you were management. The king will never be silenced!! I have been very carefull not to slander estes or anyone else in such a way that would warrant litigation. I am much too clever and cunning for that. Besides I have family who are corporate lawyers. I have been councled very well. Even if I did slip up and say the wrong thing. I would find a way to pipe internet access into my jail cell and still rag on Estes. Don't blame me. They drew first blood....

First off I wasnt talking about you. Corporate didnt contact me about you. I am sure they know all about you as you stated.

One other thing why didnt you just ask me about it instead of ASSuming. I would have answered. You already know I am an honest person......
So I was not trying to intimidate you, nor anyone else. So I think an apology is in order.

And just so they know it was not about freeze nor the other one.

Guys, the boards are not the place for you to deal with your personal differences. If you must continue with this please take it to PMs.

Thank You