FedEx Freight | Let's talk about the new E-Logs

Jeff

Looking for Trolls
Administrator
Super Administrator
Credits
It has come to my attention they will be coming real soon now.... How do you think it is going to affect those 600+ mile bids.and do you think it will result in reconfiguration of line haul or will it be business as usual?

Let's discuss

We still have our 600 mile bids with E-Logs,but having a "sharp" pencil wont do you any good.I actually like this better than paper and have heard many others say the same.Do you guys know the name of the program Fed-ex is gonna run.Estes and I think OD run Peoplenet.

Way back when the feds mandated the national speed limit of 55 mph Yellow had to put a relay in Raphine VA, because they could no run straight to knoxville.

Some of the old-timers who dont adapt to change very well,will probably have a negative reaction to it,but its really not as bad as it may seem,imo..

Memphis, West Memephis, and North Memphis were told they would have them next month (May) and our shop (CLT) had their first meeting today concerning the E-logs.

I don't run one of our 600+ mile runs on a daily basis but from what I've heard and experienced, the E-logs shouldn't make that big of a deal for us. Most can turn them legitimately in 10-10.5 hrs which leaves 30 mins to an hour to play with per day.
As for my bid, I turn 586-590 daily (almost 600) and the E-logs won't effect my side of the bid at all.

The law states when it is mandatory but the companies can, and probably will adopt them ahead of the deadline.
As you know, abf has been running them for about 6 months now. The city side they don't want us to punch our electronic badges at least 5 minutes before start time because it transfers to the edl (electronic log) as for your lunch they want us to take a 31 min. lunch or it goes back to no 30 minute break recorded if your with in seconds of it.... There is a way to fix it in case you have to move in that time period for what ever reason. I had to do it once, trust me find a place you don't have to move....

We still have our 600 mile bids with E-Logs,but having a "sharp" pencil wont do you any good.I actually like this better than paper and have heard many others say the same.Do you guys know the name of the program Fed-ex is gonna run.Estes and I think OD run Peoplenet.
In these previous pics posted by @roogie in another thread, looks like they'll be Peoplenet...

thoHmv2.jpg

oL2arVq.jpg

As you know, abf has been running them for about 6 months now. The city side they don't want us to punch our electronic badges at least 5 minutes before start time because it transfers to the edl (electronic log) as for your lunch they want us to take a 31 min. lunch or it goes back to no 30 minute break recorded if your with in seconds of it.... There is a way to fix it in case you have to move in that time period for what ever reason. I had to do it once, trust me find a place you don't have to move....
I haven't heard of that 31-minute thing, GO40. I punch out of my lunch the first time it reads 'Off Duty 30 mins.' and the 'Till 30 min break' has always reset to 8:00.

We have a 672 mile meet. OD has those tractors set at 70mph.
People net is good. Very easy to navigate and shows you everything you need to know. You can check a previous day or go back 8 if you need. Didn't think I'd like them but it saves time not having to do logs.

How will this effect the city side? We only have to log if over 12 hours punch to punch, and there is no way to know ahead of time if that will happen. Will they just print out a log based on intermec entries, after the fact?

How will this effect the city side? We only have to log if over 12 hours punch to punch, and there is no way to know ahead of time if that will happen. Will they just print out a log based on intermec entries, after the fact?
Keeps track of your hours & breaks along with everything else from speeding, acceleration, restricted roads ect. If you get pulled over by dot & wants to see your logs its a tap away & they can also get a faxed copy to them....

We had them at Sysco, we still used them in the city. I kinda hate the big brother aspect but as far as running legal like you do in the city they're not that bad. You log in in the morning then show yourself at stops then log out at the end of the day. For you guys they already track your movements and time so this really isn't a big deal.

That was I was wondering also. It would be nice not to have to fuss with that anymore.