FedEx Freight | Let's talk about the new E-Logs

We have a 672 mile meet. OD has those tractors set at 70mph.
People net is good. Very easy to navigate and shows you everything you need to know. You can check a previous day or go back 8 if you need. Didn't think I'd like them but it saves time not having to do logs.

What meet is that? The longest we have in ATL is 668...

That was I was wondering also. It would be nice not to have to fuss with that anymore.

Here at OD P&D side does it the same way LH does, you just log in, go on duty, punch your trailer number in and go, it logs everything for you and changes your duty status automatically. The only thing you have to do is flag pre/inter/post trip inspections and go off duty for your break. Since it doesn't involve all the paperwork, city drivers use it too, no matter how many hours they work.

The entries from your handheld won't have anything to do with your logs, it goes off the engine data and the gps, how long the truck was moving, how long it was sitting in one spot, what the nearby town is, basically it does everything on its own. You just log in.

Keeps track of your hours & breaks along with everything else from speeding, acceleration, restricted roads ect. If you get pulled over by dot & wants to see your logs its a tap away & they can also get a faxed copy to them....
That 'speeding' warning is ridiculous and for the most part, incorrect. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've received that audible warning when I'm clearly within the posted speed.

That 'speeding' warning is ridiculous and for the most part, incorrect. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've received that audible warning when I'm clearly within the posted speed.
All the time , mine is turned all the way down.....

At Sysco our handhelds (they weren't intermec but I can't think of what they were ground carries the same ones) were tied into our onboard logging system. You could log onto your handheld then when you put in the cradle in the truck it would log on the truck and import all your info. It really was a pretty decent system. You never had to sign anything unless they made a manual edit.

We have a 672 mile meet. OD has those tractors set at 70mph.
People net is good. Very easy to navigate and shows you everything you need to know. You can check a previous day or go back 8 if you need. Didn't think I'd like them but it saves time not having to do logs.

ODNE is 672 too isn't it? DEN to DSM

Who does DEN meet at Hays, KS?

roog

At Sysco our handhelds (they weren't intermec but I can't think of what they were ground carries the same ones) were tied into our onboard logging system. You could log onto your handheld then when you put in the cradle in the truck it would log on the truck and import all your info. It really was a pretty decent system. You never had to sign anything unless they made a manual edit.
This would make more sense than having city drivers make entries into an ELD (as well as intermec) every day, when logs are only required on occasion. The data is already in the handheld, for both city and road. We are supposed to be getting android/smartphone type hand held devices, at some point. Seems reasonable that they should be linked, for reasons of accuracy AND efficiency.

This would make more sense than having city drivers make entries into an ELD (as well as intermec) every day, when logs are only required on occasion. The data is already in the handheld, for both city and road. We are supposed to be getting android/smartphone type hand held devices, at some point. Seems reasonable that they should be linked, for reasons of accuracy AND efficiency.
We use both, the intermec is used for receiving your assignments & contacting dispatch. The eld doesn't allow you to enter stop times or send you p/ups unless you use the messaging feature but that won't send you info back into the main computer like the intermec does. We use the same handhelds as fed ex....

Last edited:
We use both, the intermec is used for receiving your assignments & contacting dispatch. The eld doesn't allow you to enter stop times or send you p/ups unless you use the messaging feature but that won't send you info back into the main computer like the intermec does. We use the same handhelds as fed ex....
Exactly..people net only tracks your day driving, pre trip / post trip, log in svc log off.Your handheld will be used for your everyday details. I really think you guys will like it once you learn the system.

We have dispatch pull it up on Google earth, they copy and paste to corporate..No more warnings.

FXF does a 672 mile meet/turn between DEN and DSM in Odessa, NE. In 65mph trucks.

The new logs have been tested on this lane and there have been zero issues even with a long run like that.

roog
It's all flat, so it's one of the few runs at that millage you can run 65 and getter done. Just don't get stuck by the train..lol