TForce | Let's UNITE

one thing there is no 4/10 language in the indy contract,so forget out them doing that.They probably will have staggard start time's if you don't already,like 12,1,2,a'clock if they have some junk's available, oh i mean trucks. Can't start some one around 3 or 4 because are operation wine's down around 9, 9:30, i don't think they want to pay someone to lean on a broom for 2 hrs. contract state's 90% is guarantee 8, an that 10% better be from the bottom up,no 2 lists or it could be 20%,one list

you may or may not get the same contract as indy.

What prevents them from running 4 10's.?

It is right on the teamster website, guaranteed 40 hours a week. It says nothing aboyr 8 hours a day.

Ninety percent of full-time UPS Freight employees holding bid jobs won minimum daily and 40-hour weekly guarantees.

Your assuming drivers get a guaranteed 8 hours a day. It does not say that, There is not enough information out yet. to know.

Oh yeah your right,what does that have to do with anything?

I have never heard of him before. I picked up on his accent and was just wondering if he was Canadian. I clicked on you tube and watched several of his videos. The guy is pretty funny.

You guys are probably already aware of this but under the NMFA, at least in the Central Region, 90% of regulars in local cartage are guaranteed bids and the remaining 10% are on call to fill in as needed by seniority. Casuals may be used only after everyone is working or has been offered work. This is the 90%-10% equation. I'm sure that this is what you guys are talking about here.

yes, that s right overtime after 8,so overnite are you trying to tell me if you have 26 hrs. in 4 days. on friday they are going to give you a 14 hour day, remember seniority, can't bring you in early. personalty i think every one on the list should be guarantee 40.an my BA seems to think the contract,is what you see is what you get.hope not

The contract is not clear it can be interpretered either way.

the contract says fulltime employees will be guaranteed 8 hours when put to work and the standard guaranteed work weak is 40 hours.

I take that as, if your not scheduled to work that fifth day (four 10's) then your not entitled to the guaranteed 8 per day, just the guarantee of 40 per week.

O,
You're taking it the wrong way. A 10 hour 4 day bid means you're guaranteed 10 hours a day for 4 days. A fifth clock punch would be all overtime as anything over 10 during your scheduled workweek would be. This isn't the first time the Teamsters have negotiated a contract.

yes, that s right overtime after 8,so overnite are you trying to tell me if you have 26 hrs. in 4 days. on friday they are going to give you a 14 hour day, remember seniority, can't bring you in early. personalty i think every one on the list should be guarantee 40.an my BA seems to think the contract,is what you see is what you get.hope not

Your start time can be changed up to 2 hours of the posted start time.

I think what happens in that situation would be you would be offered 1.5 hours of work to get your 8 in each day. That is my opinion.

It is set up like stl said, 90% of fulltime employees have the guarantee of 40 hours the bottom 10% don't, the contract says the company has the right to schedule the bottom 10% to work but they do not get the guarantee. They will get the leftovers.

The 90% will get enough to guarantee them 40 a week the 10% will get what is left, this as everything is a double edged sword the bottom 10% is not guaranteed hours and they will be used to keep the 90% from getting overtime.

The 90% will get enough to guarantee them 40 a week the 10% will get what is left, this as everything is a double edged sword the bottom 10% is not guaranteed hours and they will be used to keep the 90% from getting overtime.
O,
All that the 10% thing is and has always been about is allowing the company to best utilize their manpower. If you are real heavy on deliveries on a Monday the 10%ers will be called in to do P&D. If a midnight spotter calls in sick on a Wednesday a 10%, if available, will be called in to fill the spot. When a company is really busy they're lucky to be able to get the freight moved and delivered much less worry about overtime.....plus, overtime is cheaper than hiring a new employee. Overtime is watched like a hawk when freight is slower...not nearly as much when it's busy.

one thing who said the bottom 10% isn't road driver's.An the contract said o/t after 8 right? 8/40 means if you work a 6th punch (saturday) you get o/t over 40,other wise the co. would say you get o/t after 8. the co. will try to twist things around in their favor. That's why the 10% has to be clarify,one list or two,10% could be 20% if it's two,no?

I wounder how many upper management from UPS are reading these posts and really getting a good laugh out of everything?

one thing who said the bottom 10% isn't road driver's.An the contract said o/t after 8 right? 8/40 means if you work a 6th punch (saturday) you get o/t over 40,other wise the co. would say you get o/t after 8. the co. will try to twist things around in their favor. That's why the 10% has to be clarify,one list or two,10% could be 20% if it's two,no?
Crossroads,
The 10% does not apply to the road. They already have on call drivers....the extra board. The 10% thing is strictly a local cartage rule.

I wounder how many upper management from UPS are reading these posts and really getting a good laugh out of everything?

And I am sure they are looking at this and laughing thier assets off. I am. the redundancy is the best thing scince Wringling Brothers and Barnum and Baily Circus.:biglaugh:

Your start time can be changed up to 2 hours of the posted start time.

I think what happens in that situation would be you would be offered 1.5 hours of work to get your 8 in each day. That is my opinion.

It is set up like stl said, 90% of fulltime employees have the guarantee of 40 hours the bottom 10% don't, the contract says the company has the right to schedule the bottom 10% to work but they do not get the guarantee. They will get the leftovers.

First of all I too have an issue with the 2 hr. adjustment times, they are giving us a week in advance schedule, that is the end result of how production is projected for the day, so they now have a 2 hr. window to play with, what good is the week in advance schedule, I would abolish it.

I have been planning on a schedule that has been propping itself on a daily basis the nite prior. Why do we need a schedule a week prior. That can change on a daily basis.

Unless weather plays a big role in the way schedules come in, there is no reason why my schedule should be adjusted. Same for the road guy's.

The overtime after 40 or after 8, is good for us. If you work six days at 42 hrs. you get 2 hours overtime, if you work 4- 10 hr. days you get OT for anything after 8 hrs.

It is just that simple.
To be honest, I think UPS'S approach is not too kill overtime for everyone, allthough it has been the practice lately, and this happens with any company, 'O' did the same thing all the time.

That 10% they are referring to, is the xtra people needed when we are busy, to keep service in reach, it is not a proposal to keep overtime away from people, this is how UPS small package works.

Crossroads,
The 10% does not apply to the road. They already have on call drivers....the extra board. The 10% thing is strictly a local cartage rule.
IN the contract it's under full time employees doesn't say p-d or road,but you are probably right.Don't want to give Mtg. anything more than we have to.Cause we have both on call,
an that two hr. window stuff is BS, every one on the seniority list should have a bid(start time)an the only way to change that would be to rebid,or lay-off, posting a work schedule a week ahead is bs, you should have a bid, an should stand unless a lay-off or that 2 hr. crap.

IN the contract it's under full time employees doesn't say p-d or road,but you are probably right.Don't want to give Mtg. anything more than we have to.Cause we have both on call,
an that two hr. window stuff is BS, every one on the seniority list should have a bid(start time)an the only way to change that would be to rebid,or lay-off, posting a work schedule a week ahead is bs, you should have a bid, an should stand unless a lay-off or that 2 hr. crap.
The 10% isn't needed for the road as the extra board is already on call. Except for the 2 hour slide for bid times, the 90%/10% formula is the way it works for local cartage.