TForce | Let's UNITE

if they do not give us the master,strike strike and strike ups is afraid of the customers pulling out because of labor problems they still have a sour taste in their mouths the last time this happened. Just ask the upsers in chicago what a just say no does for them they got what they wanted.......grow a set little mama's boy...

IN the contract it's under full time employees doesn't say p-d or road,but you are probably right.Don't want to give Mtg. anything more than we have to.Cause we have both on call,
an that two hr. window stuff is BS, every one on the seniority list should have a bid(start time)an the only way to change that would be to rebid,or lay-off, posting a work schedule a week ahead is bs, you should have a bid, an should stand unless a lay-off or that 2 hr. crap.

Under that 2 hr window for start times, the manager has to notify you prior to changing your start time. And since leaving a message is not good enough for a call in sick or lateness, than I wouldn't except a phone message for start time change either. Sounds like a grievance hearing will clear this one up.

Under that 2 hr window for start times, the manager has to notify you prior to changing your start time. And since leaving a message is not good enough for a call in sick or lateness, than I wouldn't except a phone message for start time change either. Sounds like a grievance hearing will clear this one up.
I agree, how this ever was put in the contract,is beyond me

The way I read they only have to notfy you if the change is more than 2 hours.

I agree, how this ever was put in the contract,is beyond me

Negoitians are give and take.

overnite, i believe they can only move it two hours.no more than 50% of the time in a 60 day period, if done more than that they have to rebid,something like that. As for negotiations, i know that,but in my opinion, like i said before,somewhere, if we are union your bid should stand. The only way to change your bid,is lay-off or rebid, in my opinion that's the union way

overnite, i believe they can only move it two hours.no more than 50% of the time in a 60 day period, if done more than that they have to rebid,something like that. As for negotiations, i know that,but in my opinion, like i said before,somewhere, if we are union your bid should stand. The only way to change your bid,is lay-off or rebid, in my opinion that's the union way

That's Right!!!!!!!!!!!!

The start time can be changed as part of the posting up to 2 hours of the bid time, they can alter the start time on a daily basis more than 2 hours, as long as they tell the employee before he comes to work. If they alter it more than 50% in a 60 day period, the employee can request a rebid.

The contract is not clear it can be interpretered either way.

the contract says fulltime employees will be guaranteed 8 hours when put to work and the standard guaranteed work weak is 40 hours.

I take that as, if your not scheduled to work that fifth day (four 10's) then your not entitled to the guaranteed 8 per day, just the guarantee of 40 per week.

Is this how you plan to interpret this? How do you plan on keeping these guys home on that fifth day? Won't seniority be an issue?

Overtime is far cheaper than hiring another driver, paying him and maintaining another truck. That's why it is so common in the trucking business.

You managers might not like it that drivers make more money than you do, but always remember who actually moves the freight, which is what actually generates the revenue that pays your salary. If that were universally recognized, we wouldn't need all this union talk.

But it's nice that you are at least spending time reading these posts and learning a thing or two...

The start time can be changed as part of the posting up to 2 hours of the bid time, they can alter the start time on a daily basis more than 2 hours, as long as they tell the employee before he comes to work. If they alter it more than 50% in a 60 day period, the employee can request a rebid.

Ever wonder why he spends so much time analyzing this rule?

you managers? I am a road driver, where did you get I was a manager?

If a driver is at home the truck he normally drives will be available won't it?

Don't blame me on what the contract says.

The suggestion was made that we couldn't be made to work 4 10's becuase of the 8 hour guarantee.

The suggestion was made that we couldn't be made to work 4 10's becuase of the 8 hour guarantee.

I was confused when I read that. I think you stated something about the mapps program at one time. At any rate I was going to give you credit if you became a manager in between posts.:biglaugh:

Well if you work 4 10's, I fail too see what the problem is, are you saying it is a problem with OT? Or are you saying you would like to work that fifth day to make more money?

Sorry I came into this conversation a little late excuse my ignorence.

The Teamsters do have a bid 4 day work week 10 hours a day. It is all straight time. Anything after 10 is OT. A 5th day would be all OT. In Central PA the company can show the need, there can be 5 work days with 9 hours straight time for these bids. There are requirements the company must live by if they use the 5 work days-9 hour days. I can't recall the specifics. In anycase these are BIDS, not extra work. Extra work pays OT after 8 hours each day. Maybe this is of some help.

Well if you work 4 10's, I fail too see what the problem is, are you saying it is a problem with OT? Or are you saying you would like to work that fifth day to make more money?

Sorry I came into this conversation a little late excuse my ignorence.

The conversation is about saving overtime, I said the company could make us work 4 10's.

There already doig this in some terminals, someone said they couldn't becuase we would be guaranteed 8 hours a day under the contract, but that is not true your only guaranteed 8 on days you scheduled to work.

Come to think of it fedex works 4 10's