TForce | Let's UNITE

The conversation is about saving overtime, I said the company could make us work 4 10's.

There already doig this in some terminals, someone said they couldn't becuase we would be guaranteed 8 hours a day under the contract, but that is not true your only guaranteed 8 on days you scheduled to work.

Come to think of it fedex works 4 10's

The company will pay limited ovetime. They won't bring in an employee for 2-4 hours worth of work. It would be cheaper for them to pay a little overtime rather than bringing someone in for a gaurenteed 8 hour day when there is only a few hours worth of work. I think they will be watching this very close. Union or not, Employee's better start adjusting their financial situations to a 40 hour work week. Its the UPS way. And Im sure some terminals are starting to see this already.

not sure what your contract reads, but ours, anyone who puches in for the day(full timer) weither hes on bid or call, he is guarenteed 8hrs. Also, 4 10's, is common when working P&D, and dock, anything after ten is OT and a fifth day is all ot. Also pending on what region your in, some have no forced OT on 10hr bids, all voluntary.

not sure what your contract reads, but ours, anyone who puches in for the day(full timer) weither hes on bid or call, he is guarenteed 8hrs. Also, 4 10's, is common when working P&D, and dock, anything after ten is OT and a fifth day is all ot. Also pending on what region your in, some have no forced OT on 10hr bids, all voluntary.

serta, I am reading from the Indy contract.

Article 18 Section 2.

States, Ninety percent of all full time employees will be guarenteed a minimum of eight hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guarenteed workweek shall be forty hours per week. Work shal be scheduled for five consecutive days, Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday.

The conversation is about saving overtime, I said the company could make us work 4 10's.

There already doig this in some terminals, someone said they couldn't becuase we would be guaranteed 8 hours a day under the contract, but that is not true your only guaranteed 8 on days you scheduled to work.

Come to think of it fedex works 4 10's

Yup , That is correct.

serta, I am reading from the Indy contract.

Article 18 Section 2.

States, Ninety percent of all full time employees will be guarenteed a minimum of eight hours pay per day when put to work and the standard guarenteed workweek shall be forty hours per week. Work shal be scheduled for five consecutive days, Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday.

Sounds to me that there will be no 4,10's, even if there is why would I want to work 4,10's, your not getting the OT after 8,( thank god it's not in our contract) and the day off you want is usually in the middle of the week.