ABF | Letter From Ernie

Southern supplement was $1/hr. increase each year. $5/hr. increase since 2012.

This is the second time now that you made this asinine statement so I'll give you the same reply as the first...

Just how ignorant are you??? Tell me that you just didn't say that the Southern Supplement increased H&W and pension increases $1/hr. each of the 5 yrs. for a total of $5/hr. since 2012. All I can say is it's a damn shame ignorant asses like you are allowed to vote!!! Yes... the health contributions increased slightly over the past 5 years but there have been no pension contribution increases to the CSPF for over 7 years. Tell me... do you actually know what "up to" means or do I have to actually explain that to you? I'll tell you what... I'll pay you up to $100 an hour if you come to work for me... but don't come crying to me when you get your first check and you see that you only got $1.20 an hour because I sure filled my obligation... up to $100 an hour... that's $0 up to $100. And since I found you to only be worth $1.20 an hour... that's what you got. That "up to" just went to "up yours"!!!

Tell me... just where in the hell do you get your information... from Ernie or those gobblers that you keep talking about because one's just about as reliable as the other. I'm so sick and tired of you sleazy yes voters coming on here with your asinine reasoning for wanting to accept this BS proposal because there is yet one of you that makes any sense at all! I would have more respect for someone that just would have the courage to say... I'm voting yes because just the possibility of a strike scares the living hell out of me so I'll give away as much as it takes just to see this proposal pass!!!

Like this old timer used to say back in the day... the kids nowadays think they know everything but they don't know jack!!! Now... how about answering the rest of my damn questions so you can make yourself look even more ridiculous than you just did with this post.

The question was who is John Palmer?

There you go again... avoiding my questions and trying to change the subject again. How about answering my damn questions!

0843210447.png

1. Just what subsidiaries are you talking about? Do you mean Panther... the company they bought after they came for the concessions in 2010 that Ernie pleaded for or do you mean the other 3 companies they bought after Ernie negotiated the concessionary contract along with pleading for the members to accept?

2. Are you saying that Ernie and the boys were full of crap and tried getting the ABF Teamsters to accept concessions that weren't needed in 2010?

3. Would you call that looking out for what was in the best interest's of the ABF Teamsters in 2010?

4. How was Ernie looking out for you in 2010?

Speak up... I can't hear you!!! You are the one that said some pretty smart folks have it all figured out so let's hear it!!! Or is it that they are keeping it a secret amongst themselves?

Here's another bit of info for your dumbass to contemplate. ABF was contractually obligated to increase the pension contributions in 2011 and 2012 because it did say in the 2008 NMFA that increases to the health&welfare and pension will be "a" dollar divided between the two. Well guess what... Sweeton signed off on that and let ABF out of those mandated increases!!! Then that language was changed to "up to" in the 2013 contract... but you would already know that if you would of just read the damn thing before you voted for it!!!

Like I said before... dumb asses like you shouldn't even be allowed to vote!!!

Here's another bit of info for your dumbass to contemplate. ABF was contractually obligated to increase the pension contributions in 2011 and 2012 because it did say in the 2008 NMFA that increases to the health&welfare and pension will be "a" dollar divided between the two. Well guess what... Sweeton signed off on that and let ABF out of those mandated increases!!! Then that language was changed to "up to" in the 2013 contract... but you would already know that if you would of just read the damn thing before you voted for it!!!

Like I said before... dumb asses like you shouldn't even be allowed to vote!!!
RE-POSTED FROM THE "VOTE YES" THREAD "Now...tell me....after you wipe the foam off your lips.....if there is (up to) $5/hr. on the table and Central States Pension Fund, or any other Fund isn't getting their share of it...please tell everyone...who's fault is that? A pension fund that is going broke and the trustees can't even collect what has been bargained for them? Reckon why? I'm gonna vote yes, and hope the new pension reform committee soon fires them and passes a law to require all operating companies to pay their fair share. That would include the YRC companies." I know it makes you sore that their not letting the retirees vote, but they're letting the casuals have a voice this time. Not a whole heap of people wanting to do this work anymore. I guess they're trying to give them a sense that they're actually getting a say in their future. All of the younger folks I talk to would rather have a 401K. If they have to leave ABF for another company/career at least their retirement savings can go with them. These youngsters are a lot smarter than you give them credit for.

RE-POSTED FROM THE "VOTE YES" THREAD "Now...tell me....after you wipe the foam off your lips.....if there is (up to) $5/hr. on the table and Central States Pension Fund, or any other Fund isn't getting their share of it...please tell everyone...who's fault is that? A pension fund that is going broke and the trustees can't even collect what has been bargained for them? Reckon why? I'm gonna vote yes, and hope the new pension reform committee soon fires them and passes a law to require all operating companies to pay their fair share. That would include the YRC companies." I know it makes you sore that their not letting the retirees vote, but they're letting the casuals have a voice this time. Not a whole heap of people wanting to do this work anymore. I guess they're trying to give them a sense that they're actually getting a say in their future. All of the younger folks I talk to would rather have a 401K. If they have to leave ABF for another company/career at least their retirement savings can go with them. These youngsters are a lot smarter than you give them credit for.
Get this straight I have filed charges against the union and the company. And yes there has not been a increase in the contribution rate since 2011. Now you no nothing I have seen you spread your misinformation for a long time. You are killing your Brothers and Sisters chances at making a informed decision when it comes to pension matters. I am going to start a thread explaining it. So stop the BS.

You're nothing but a sleazy POS who refuses to answer a just a few questions. And you can't even come up with one reasonable explanation to vote for this POS proposal except for... Ernie say's so... lol

Now... answer my questions... or just simply ignore them like you have been... after all... by refusing so it just goes to prove just what a wuss you really are...

6229089594.png

Ask your gobbler friends... I bet they even tell you to vote this POS down... lol

New hires are wanting guaranteed, personal contributions. With all the garbage and fear out there about the pensions, the next Abf generation doesn't trust it and sees it as their money thrown to others that they'll never see. Yrc started the trend.

New hires are wanting guaranteed, personal contributions. With all the garbage and fear out there about the pensions, the next Abf generation doesn't trust it and sees it as their money thrown to others that they'll never see. Yrc started the trend.
Then go work for YRC

Actually the 1994 strike started the downward spiral of the last of the union companies closing their doors so the union could continue to collect pension contributions on "casuals" The companies would have transitioned them to 401K 24 yrs. ago, but the union had a better "long term plan", but looks like it's came to the end of the road. ABF has endured and is now in the position to negotiate out of this mess and the Teamsters know it and are actually obliging them. I think most people get it Rollin. But, if not, they will get it figured out about May 11th. The negotiations are over, if it's war you want, the union and the company says, "go for it!" All wars have casualties, but, seldom lose their commanders, somebody has to be left to sign the truce you know.

Actually the 1994 strike started the downward spiral of the last of the union companies closing their doors so the union could continue to collect pension contributions on "casuals" The companies would have transitioned them to 401K 24 yrs. ago, but the union had a better "long term plan", but looks like it's came to the end of the road. ABF has endured and is now in the position to negotiate out of this mess and the Teamsters know it and are actually obliging them. I think most people get it Rollin. But, if not, they will get it figured out about May 11th. The negotiations are over, if it's war you want, the union and the company says, "go for it!" All wars have casualties, but, seldom lose their commanders, somebody has to be left to sign the truce you know.

0248207745.jpg

How pathetic... a discussion between two lily-livered imbeciles trying to justify their reasoning for voting yes... lol

First... there's good ole considerate rollin looking out for the next generation of ABF Teamsters... always looking ahead for the next generation... just like he did when he worked for Conway.

Then you have turncoat... the one who has had it all figured out since 1994... just another compassionate soul... that's why he went and helped the YRC Teamsters accept their fate before coming here and now here he is...helping the ABF Teamsters accept theirs.

You're right rollin... I do think that must people here do get it... just not turncoat and yourself... lol

Above are two perfect examples...

3743586530.jpg

Ok I now know your problem is your brain. so for you slow to understand I will show you how abf got out of paying a increase for five years. It was the changing of a few words.

FIRST the language from the 2008-2013 NFMA For the increase in the contribution rate due August 1,
2008 and on each August 1 of the Agreement, the Supplemental
Negotiating Committees shall allocate the one dollar per hour
($1.00 per hour) contribution rate increases due each year of the
Agreement between the Pension and Health and Welfare Funds.

NOW THE language from the 2013-2018 NMFA-For the increase in the contribution rate due August 1, 2013 and on each August 1 of the Agreement, the Supplemental Negotiating Committees shall allocate up to the one dollar per hour ($1.00 per hour) contribution rate increases due each year of the Agreement between the Pension and Health and Welfare Funds

See the difference a few words can make. In 2003 they HAD TO ALLOCATE $1.00 between pension and or health fund. Fast forward to the 2008 NMFA were the wording says they can allocate ZERO to $1.00 and guess what they chose the ZERO for each year.
Effective Dates_______________Increases in Employer Contributions
August 1, 2013________________up to $1.00 per hour
August 1, 2014________________up to an additional $1.00 per hour
August 1, 2015________________up to an additional $1.00 per hour
August 1, 2016________________up to an additional $1.00 per hour
August 1, 2017________________up to an additional $1.00 per hour

SO you see all along you knew nothing but you came on here misleading many Teamsters. Now do you have the backbone to SAY YOUR SORRY. YOUR DISGUSTED BROTHER ALWAYS!

Ok I now know your problem is your brain. so for you slow to understand I will show you how abf got out of paying a increase for five years. It was the changing of a few words.

FIRST the language from the 2008-2013 NFMA For the increase in the contribution rate due August 1,
2008 and on each August 1 of the Agreement, the Supplemental
Negotiating Committees shall allocate the one dollar per hour
($1.00 per hour) contribution rate increases due each year of the
Agreement between the Pension and Health and Welfare Funds.

NOW THE language from the 2013-2018 NMFA-For the increase in the contribution rate due August 1, 2013 and on each August 1 of the Agreement, the Supplemental Negotiating Committees shall allocate up to the one dollar per hour ($1.00 per hour) contribution rate increases due each year of the Agreement between the Pension and Health and Welfare Funds

See the difference a few words can make. In 2003 they HAD TO ALLOCATE $1.00 between pension and or health fund. Fast forward to the 2008 NMFA were the wording says they can allocate ZERO to $1.00 and guess what they chose the ZERO for each year.
Effective Dates_______________Increases in Employer Contributions
August 1, 2013________________up to $1.00 per hour
August 1, 2014________________up to an additional $1.00 per hour
August 1, 2015________________up to an additional $1.00 per hour
August 1, 2016________________up to an additional $1.00 per hour
August 1, 2017________________up to an additional $1.00 per hour

SO you see all along you knew nothing but you came on here misleading many Teamsters. Now do you have the backbone to SAY YOUR SORRY. YOUR DISGUSTED BROTHER ALWAYS!
Well....tell me why?...why didn't they get the increase?, since they're going broke? Up to $5/hr. in the last five years? Because....there is NO law on the books MAKING them, however, that may change real soon. Or, maybe, if we strike them, they will cough it up? We'll see soon enough if a majority wants to take that gamble.