Letter from NY City Law Firm

sumdumshmuck

TB Lurker
Credits
Just receieved a Letter Via Fed-Ex from a New York City law firm wanting to represent Me Due to the Violation of the WARN act. Anyone else get one? Also how they get my Info So fast. Inside job maybe?

Just receieved a Letter Via Fed-Ex from a New York City law firm wanting to represent Me Due to the Violation of the WARN act. Anyone else get one? Also how they get my Info So fast. Inside job maybe?

we haven't received anything like this.. yet.. but I wonder if this qualifies as a class action suit due to the number of people affected by the actions of Sun Capitol? any way to find out??

Senator Allen is already looking into it; and if she finds THEY did break N.J. law and the WARN Act; then she'll go forward with it.

NY City Law Firm Info.

Just spoke with Law firm from NY City.
They will be filing a Class Action lawsuit in Delaware. Spoke with law frim on phone. To Contact # is 1(877) 4OUTTEN.. They want everyone to CALL TODAY ask for RENE.

Try 1 877 468 8836. I was directed to thier voice mail and gave them my name, address
and company Id. And told them to contact me if need be. Im thinking its best to give them this information for further contact.

I have spoken with the Lead lawyer by phone. The class action lawsuit will be filed. I am the lead Plaintiff named on the suit. It will be filled TODAY in Delaware. I have given the Law Firm Permission to use my name in the suit.

lawyer

Did he give you any indication as what the basis of the suit will be? And what if any compensation each employee stands to get if they win?

Just reading the Warn Act over the internet it seems that these wheezles fall under the 3 exemptions to the rule. As long as a company can prove they closed to unforseeable reasons then all they have to do is give the notification they did. Now weather or not they can prove this may be the basis for why law firms have taken interest. Would be nice to see them get caught in their own stupidity. To get the basic explaination of the Warn Act I just googled it and they had a full explaination of employee coverage, and employer responsibilty on there.

I myself just got off the phone with this law office...IT IS FOR REAL! Please don't be discouraged if sent over to the voice mail, as they are now being swarmed with calls...I spoke to Jenny, she provided us with this email for the needed documentation...Warnlawyer.com She also asked that the word be spread as they obviously would like to include as many of the employees as possible, but they want to jump on it NOW!

I know we got notification down here at J3, but the letter we got stated that we would get paid until June 2, 2008, but we were cut short. I guess we are screwed, but I hope y'all can take them to the cleaners........Good Luck guys!!!

WARN ACT violation suit

Spoke to lawyer.She said Jevic filing for bankrupcty in Delaware today.She acting right away to file against them.Anyone working at Jevic terminal that employeed more than 50 people can join.Wants to hear from as many Jevic employees as possible.Will cost nothing to us for retainer. They only collect if we do.
Said this is not first time they have dealt with SunCap.Not the first time they have done this. Please call ASAP. 1-877-468-8836 or email [email protected] if u call ask for office of Rene Roupinian

Just spoke to law firm this is in fact real, my family attorney has contacted them and has told me that it is legit. Hope something comes out of it if not its not like we have anything to lose. Kind of cool I was the first From here to contact them.:funky:

start calling

hubby just called the law firm and they said to get the word out to as many Jevic employees as you can to call them. They took down all his info, will be sending a packet of papers for him to fill out and send back. He said the girl he spoke to is well aware of the situation and was very helful and respectful of what everyone that got this treatment is going through. They are going after them for lost wages and insurance and need the word spread to call ASAP!

Ok guys I know we are breaking allot of our
own written rules , no names , numbers and
e-address but we here at truckingboards want
to help all we can at this time .

Ok guys I know we are breaking allot of our
own written rules , no names , numbers and
e-address but we here at truckingboards want
to help all we can at this time .

thank you for that... being in the 911 business myself.. I find that no news spreads faster than through word of mouth.. and in this case the more mouths speaking the better for everyone involved. Giving everyone this vital information to spread can only help.sure can't hurt! :gathering:

The young lady at the law firm said to me that the people that worked at the 4 terminals that closed first will be exempt from the law suit.