ABF | Letter of Protest to change of operations

There is no need for me to repeat what Muler has posted but read it, it is right on the money. That B/A should be embarrassed by that protest as it means nothing to the real authorities on the issue, it is nothing more that posturing for you on his part. Tell him he should read this thread and see what he says. You should be able to E-mail him a link to it.

The letter that you REP sent is worthless. He has to get off his ass and attend the Change hearing to log a formal protest to the change. What kind of signal does it send to a committee when a BA sends a letter. I bet he will have no problem going to the convention in Vegas when the time comes.
The letter is so vague that every local in the country could just copy his and just place their letter head on it.

WHO WHAT WHEN WHERE I laugh at how easily they think we will fall for anything now. I wish your terminal Good Luck but if this is the best you guys have protecting your best interest you have a long road to hoe. YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS! PS Why would he send it to a company man? I'm sure it ended up in the corporate BATHROOM!
I'm sure it did

In the meantime....... I guess we'll just twiddle our thumbs here until the COO committee deigns to bother to send us a copy. Kinda hard to protest,....or approve,....something you don't "officially" have. That March 20th implementation wish date is coming awful fast.........

In the meantime....... I guess we'll just twiddle our thumbs here until the COO committee deigns to bother to send us a copy. Kinda hard to protest,....or approve,....something you don't "officially" have. That March 20th implementation wish date is coming awful fast.........
Let's just see what your Local does. As you all know we have to be afforded a period of time to view the proposal before a change of operations hearing can take place. Good Luck. I know my management at my terminal have been looking at the proposal for over two weeks. Shame on the union for this disrespect.

Tex Cobb. Wasn't afraid of no boxer. RIP
the response letter st
...and lots of other things.
In kevin nations response to the protest he states the ue bid coming to 184 is not new work. really ? It was not there before the coo. It was a road bid from carlisle to 184. Now it will be a ue bid from 184 to carlisle. Maybe i misunderstand what was in his response letter-but it is a new bid as far as we are concerned.

the response letter st

In kevin nations response to the protest he states the ue bid coming to 184 is not new work. really ? It was not there before the coo. It was a road bid from carlisle to 184. Now it will be a ue bid from 184 to carlisle. Maybe i misunderstand what was in his response letter-but it is a new bid as far as we are concerned.
It's absolutely amazing the respond to this thread.... At least 401 made a effort....

Let's just see what your Local does. As you all know we have to be afforded a period of time to view the proposal before a change of operations hearing can take place. Good Luck. I know my management at my terminal have been looking at the proposal for over two weeks. Shame on the union for this disrespect.
Thanks, Bro. Muler. Our B.A. has already been asked for a letter of approval to this change,.....and he feels the same way, especially since it appears that every other affected Local around us has received a copy. He feels that it's not so much the disrespect toward him as it is to the ABF members he represents.

We have good officers here, in a solvent Local, who aren't afraid to take on controversial cases. I guess we'll just let this fester for a while and see how long it takes before we are "officially" given notice of the COO.

yes it is, it was on the letter head

yes....
OK, I didn't think to look at that. I can understand that what they did has you guys thinking that they're at least doing something but I have seen a little more than the average member, as has Muler. That protest is meaningless. The procedure is for there to be a COO meeting which, if I remember Muler's post, is to be held in Chicago, that is the new trend with these things, at a hotel right at the airport so they can fly in and fly right back out. The Local needs to talk to the affected members and hear their thoughts as they will have the best insight as to the impact of the COO. Then they need to file any and all objections in the proper manner with the proper authorities. I am not sure exactly what that procedure is but it is either a written protest mailed to the committee withing a certain time frame or an in person protest at the meeting in Chicago or both. Anything else is just pissing in the wind.

OK, I didn't think to look at that. I can understand that what they did has you guys thinking that they're at least doing something but I have seen a little more than the average member, as has Muler. That protest is meaningless. The procedure is for there to be a COO meeting which, if I remember Muler's post, is to be held in Chicago, that is the new trend with these things, at a hotel right at the airport so they can fly in and fly right back out. The Local needs to talk to the affected members and hear their thoughts as they will have the best insight as to the impact of the COO. Then they need to file any and all objections in the proper manner with the proper authorities. I am not sure exactly what that procedure is but it is either a written protest mailed to the committee withing a certain time frame or an in person protest at the meeting in Chicago or both. Anything else is just pissing in the wind.
Seems to be two changes going on not sure where the meetings are & the international is not saying anything. They cant even get the proposals to the locals in a timely fashion....

Seems to be two changes going on not sure where the meetings are & the international is not saying anything. They cant even get the proposals to the locals in a timely fashion....
Are the Locals not getting them or are they not sharing them? If they are not getting them in a timely fashion then an objection to that effect should be asserted at the COO meeting and it should be delayed.

We are getting a ue that was a road bid. We believe that road bid was a 5 night bid. Is the ue going to be 5 nights or 4 nights likes our two other ue bids ? We are also told that this change will happen before April, the person who will transfer will be able to bid right in and take what he wants in his seniority slot which is going to ruffle some feathers, being the barn was under the impression that he had to hold the ue bid for one year. We've been told that it's a done deal, so move along now-nothing to see here.

Have to see what the COO calls for. I don't see a high ranking 042 man coming to 184 and bumping us out of a $20,000 pay cut city job.

Are the Locals not getting them or are they not sharing them? If they are not getting them in a timely fashion then an objection to that effect should be asserted at the COO meeting and it should be delayed.
We have a copy, I think canary said his local was waiting on a copy....