XPO | LHG Harlingen TX Rejects Teamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I don't think the union contacted or attempted to organize any terminal, did they? This piece meal half hearted attempt at unionizing the company has really gone no where in the grand scheme of things. Why is the union not serious about making a company wide attempt at unionizing us or FXF?

They have not done right by the employees. Do you think that they would give you a big raise out of the goodness of their hearts??? Drink the koolaid some more. I am not advocating one way or another . I hope that you can see that they are not as full of integrity as they say they are

You Men at Conway need to think this through. Look at the history of Conway. Look at what they have taken away from you since the new era of management has taken the lead. Since 2006 no pension plan, vacation has been changed ro benefit the company. You have drive cam .etc. Millions wasted on buying CCFI Corporate greed at its finest. Do you really think that they have your best interest at heart????
With all the stuff Conway is taking from us I make close to 90,000 a year? My hours are a little messed up ,I'm kind of happy doing what I do ,nobody in management messes with me.Bottom line I mind my own business and do my job.Somebody in Ann Arbor makes 5 million ,god bless them ,Somebody in Texas makes 40,000 get another job. time to move on

With all the stuff Conway is taking from us I make close to 90,000 a year? My hours are a little messed up ,I'm kind of happy doing what I do ,nobody in management messes with me.Bottom line I mind my own business and do my job.Somebody in Ann Arbor makes 5 million ,god bless them ,Somebody in Texas makes 40,000 get another job. time to move on

So you're ok with someone else doing the exact same job as you getting far less than you? Capitalism is one thing, but think about this. If everyone at Con-way making less than you left then what happens when shippers stop shipping from your neighborhood to those areas and it affects YOUR job?? It takes the whole company to make a success story, not just you hoss.

Split scales were geographical but that ugly window has now been opened nationally. Newer dock workers now get OT after 50 hours - everywhere.
Where do all think we will all be in five years concerning the 50 hour work week?

Split scales were geographical but that ugly window has now been opened nationally. Newer dock workers now get OT after 50 hours - everywhere.
Where do all think we will all be in five years concerning the 50 hour work week?

I'm not sure of your geographic location, but I bet that the whole company is going to be ot after 50. And I will laugh my ass off at the pissing and moaning that will come from up north then.

Not talking about 'upnorth' the guy from Canada, I'm talking about the drivers from x and u territory. They're gonna **** and moan when their overtime gets changed to after 50. And I'm gonna laugh my butt off.

So if we get lowered to OD's level, you'll laugh at us? You're a real swell guy.

Not to worry, this latest round of union activity will be enough to ensure that never happens.

So if we get lowered to OD's level, you'll laugh at us? You're a real swell guy.

Not to worry, this latest round of union activity will be enough to ensure that never happens.
Union activity only helps when the company believes it could happen. If the no votes continue, it will not be seen as a possibility. The company will then go back to there core value of taking. Don't kid yourself.

Y'all never seemed to mind the discrepancy between the south and the north within your own company. So who's the 'swell guy' now? I made more as a city driver a OD than I ever did at Con-job too, just so ya know.

So you're ok with someone else doing the exact same job as you getting far less than you? Capitalism is one thing, but think about this. If everyone at Con-way making less than you left then what happens when shippers stop shipping from your neighborhood to those areas and it affects YOUR job?? It takes the whole company to make a success story, not just you hoss.
What im trying to say is we as DSRS are well paid for what WE do.

Status
Not open for further replies.