XPO | LHG Harlingen TX Rejects Teamsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
What it is called is buzzards circling the carcass of YRC driving rates down attempting to put them under. The Teamster's had other plans and went through 3 rounds of concessions to keep YRC above water. This negatively effected those predatory companies also. With YRC labor costs down, the choice the predators made was to take from their workers also. BTW, still waiting for those losing figures from the past quarter.
I guess they "made" money last quarter? How about for the last 5 years?
And when will the employees stop chipping in? We stopped when the profits improved.

And when will the employees stop chipping in? We stopped when the profits improved.

Yep, I thought you said they were losing? It takes time to undo what one man did. Turning a huge negative into a positive. You didn't have Zollars destroying your company did you? No, you didn't. You stopped chipping in but they were damned reluctant to return anything you lost right? YRC should be past the worst of it. New investors on board. Debt was renegotiated. It's a tough road for YRC for sure. Not out of the woods by a long shot. They still pay benefits and now turned a profit. Back up to a time before Zollars tried to buy a monopoly. The stability of that company would have not been an issue. Neither would ABF. Thank your lucky stars they made it. If not, you would think that what little you have left is a gold mine.

Hmmm, then I guess it would follow that the reasons YRC and ABF are losing money is because of the pension and medical insurance, agree?

no, because you guys accept less in benefits and retirement, and compete with a taken away pension and downgraded benefits, abf doesnt make as much. the yrc regionals always make money, its yrcf that hasnt been.

your jobs overall much lower compensation, like ODs, are what is taking the freight industry backwards.....
They're losing money.

made some money last quarter, and the regionals always make money!

LOL, We are still chipping in.

Yellow over extended them selves in a big way. Then they were unable to mesh this new and unwielding monstrous company and assimilate Roadway, notably in large markets where they were already at facilities capacity. Nothing fit. That acquisition NEVER made sense. Attribute their demise to unleashed, arrogant greed.
Of interest is we became our corporation's bank and took cuts just so we could undercut and bury YFC. Conway drivers paid for that attempted monopolizing grab. Yeah, it didn't work, and thank God it did not. We would have paid to push us faster to the bottom. If Conway and Fedex had a dominant portion of the freight biz, then they would rule the labor market and we would all be making a lot less. Unless, we each called our local union hall.

Next time you see Stotler, tell him we were glad to help. Tell him we have a short memory so just call on us again real soon to step up to his corporate plate. I personally enjoyed being a corporate banker and heartlessly trying to bury the competition. Made me feel impotant...

LOL, We are still chipping in.

Yellow over extended them selves in a big way. Then they were unable to mesh this new and unwielding monstrous company and assimilate Roadway, notably in large markets where they were already at facilities capacity. Nothing fit. That acquisition NEVER made sense. Attribute their demise to unleashed, arrogant greed.
Of interest is we became our corporation's bank and took cuts just so we could undercut and bury YFC. Conway drivers paid for that attempted monopolizing grab. Yeah, it didn't work, and thank God it did not. We would have paid to push us faster to the bottom. If Conway and Fedex had a dominant portion of the freight biz, then they would rule the labor market and we would all be making a lot less. Unless, we each called our local union hall.

Next time you see Stotler, tell him we were glad to help. Tell him we have a short memory so just call on us again real soon to step up to his corporate plate. I personally enjoyed being a corporate banker and heartlessly trying to bury the competition. Made me feel impotant...
You don't have to tell Stotler we"re stupid. He sees it with every no vote.

Yep, I thought you said they were losing? It takes time to undo what one man did. Turning a huge negative into a positive. You didn't have Zollars destroying your company did you? No, you didn't. You stopped chipping in but they were damned reluctant to return anything you lost right? YRC should be past the worst of it. New investors on board. Debt was renegotiated. It's a tough road for YRC for sure. Not out of the woods by a long shot. They still pay benefits and now turned a profit. Back up to a time before Zollars tried to buy a monopoly. The stability of that company would have not been an issue. Neither would ABF. Thank your lucky stars they made it. If not, you would think that what little you have left is a gold mine.

Are they really turning a profit, when drivers are working at a reduced wage?

Isn't it more like they taking the cash the drivers give them, and congratulating themselves for making so much money?

Anyway, the economy hit us hard too, but that was years ago. If you can't make money now, well.........

You could have been working for YRC. History tells me they're never going to get it back.

You know you and your YRC excuse every time is not holding water with me, you want to PM me your check stub and I'll PM you mine and let's just see who's making what??? I'm working around 50 hours a week, putting 300.00 a week in the credit union ( I like IRA's over 401K's) and I bet I'm still bringing home close to or more than you are!! Yea I'm on a give back, I voted NO!! Which I had a choice!!! The majority voted YES so I have to live with it?? But I'm still doing pretty good dang good!! I don't work the dock!! I don't fuel the truck!! I don't drop or hook the truck, ( except on Saturday morning!!) I get paid for every minute the wheels aren't turning ( except for when I'm sleeping on those ramps for an hour or so) I have a start time and if my load isn't ready I just sit there patiently and wait for it( on the clock) so see things aren't so bad as you make them!!! But then how would you REALLY know?? Your not there, just your old hear say BS!!!!

Oh I bet they made plenty money, it's only numbers we see and hear about!!! How much money did ConWay make when all this was going on and they were hauling the freight for practically free to put us under!! How did that work out for them???? LOL

You know you and your YRC excuse every time is not holding water with me, you want to PM me your check stub and I'll PM you mine and let's just see who's making what??? I'm working around 50 hours a week, putting 300.00 a week in the credit union ( I like IRA's over 401K's) and I bet I'm still bringing home close to or more than you are!! Yea I'm on a give back, I voted NO!! Which I had a choice!!! The majority voted YES so I have to live with it?? But I'm still doing pretty good dang good!! I don't work the dock!! I don't fuel the truck!! I don't drop or hook the truck, ( except on Saturday morning!!) I get paid for every minute the wheels aren't turning ( except for when I'm sleeping on those ramps for an hour or so) I have a start time and if my load isn't ready I just sit there patiently and wait for it( on the clock) so see things aren't so bad as you make them!!! But then how would you REALLY know?? Your not there, just your old hear say BS!!!!

There you, go, bragging about all the time you get paid for not working. And then you wonder why YRC can't compete.

If you want to figure out who makes more, all we have to do is compare wages. That way, the different variables (amount of hours worked, etc.) don't matter.

So, what is your (reduced) wage these days?

(By the way, you don't have to explain about give backs, I did it for 3.5 years, before I saw the writing on the wall)

Oh I bet they made plenty money, it's only numbers we see and hear about!!! How much money did ConWay make when all this was going on and they were hauling the freight for practically free to put us under!! How did that work out for them???? LOL

It didn't work out well, that's why they stopped, and went back to making money.

There you, go, bragging about all the time you get paid for not working. And then you wonder why YRC can't compete.

If you want to figure out who makes more, all we have to do is compare wages. That way, the different variables (amount of hours worked, etc.) don't matter.

(By the way, you don't have to explain about give backs, I did it for 3.5 years, before I saw the writing on the wall)

uh, im pretty sure getoverit isnt a yrcf driver. and even with the givebacks, you can still make a LOT of money at Holland, the work and miles are here. i dont think yrcf guys get the miles that Holland drivers do.

Amount of hours worked don't matter????? Matters big time, if I'm at work I expect to get paid!!! If I'm at work and I'm not being paid then I'm not real smart!!!! To wait on your own time for free is ridiculous!!! I can freaking make 100.00 an hour but what good is that if the company just pays me when they want!!!

Amount of hours worked don't matter????? Matters big time, if I'm at work I expect to get paid!!! If I'm at work and I'm not being paid then I'm not real smart!!!! To wait on your own time for free is ridiculous!!! I can freaking make 100.00 an hour but what good is that if the company just pays me when they want!!!

Let me explain it to you. Let's say we're both P&D drivers. I like to work 40 hours per week, but you're an overtime hog. Then sure, you would make more than I do per week, even though my hourly wage is higher.

If you want to compare wages, it has to be equal in that respect, if you want an honest analysis.

So the way to do it is to compare how much we each make per hour, not by comparing paychecks (as you suggested).

Just a tidbit of information .... Did you guys know that Zollars daughter is married to Rick O'dell the CEO at Saia .... Perhaps he's been getting advice from his father-in-law about things not to do ... After all Saia had a record profit for the 3rd quarter of 2014 .... And Saia is getting stronger and growing by leaps and bounds ... It's a small world in the LTL business I suppose ... I wonder how they met? Inquiring minds want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.