XPO | Life Insurance

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
Does anyone know what the benefit amount was on the life insurance. I received the statement in the mail stating they were changing carriers and the amount of the benefit was 50,000 . Was this always the amount or was it higher at one time. I have to go back in my records and check just wondering if anyone knows of the top of their heads.

I went back to my total compensation statements in my file and benefit was 2x's my base salary so it appears our life insurance benefit under Xpo has been lowered to a $50,000 payout. If anyone knows anymore detail on this I would greatly appreciate your input.

Yes ,our basic life ,sorry about that looking back at my original post I did not indicate that.
I read in the policy that you could revert from the 2x down to just $50,000 if you chose.

"If you are eligible for full benefits you have basic life coverage equal two times your annual pay. You also may choose to limit your company-provided basic life coverage to $50,000 (if eligible) to avoid the small amount of imputed income."

I read in the policy that you could revert from the 2x down to just $50,000 if you chose.

"If you are eligible for full benefits you have basic life coverage equal two times your annual pay. You also may choose to limit your company-provided basic life coverage to $50,000 (if eligible) to avoid the small amount of imputed income."
So, WHY WOULD I WANT TO REDUCE. THE AMOUNT MY BENEFICIARIES RECEIVE? I AM MISSING SOME THING, HERE.

I did some research and the amount is still the same 2x 's your base. The paper from Atena that a coworker showed me was a supplement he opted for his wife. I don't know if that amount has change or not because I never payed for the supplemental policy.