Estes | Life time bids are lame!!!!!

:toxic: You should be glad of the job period.:smilie_132:
Before the "be happy you have a job" comes spewing out of your breath, why don't you explain to us what the positives are to keep hope in. My meaning is, it used to be ok here, but we have been in a downward destination and it keeps going down. How do these people expect their (used to be) faithful employees to have a bright outlook and dedication when all they do is s*** on us continually, then dig further to see how much more they can take from us. Time for them to shut their doors and reopen as Schneider LTL. Cheap labor for their cheap, broken, mishandled and late *hi*.

:toxic: You should be glad of the job period.:smilie_132:

I think you have this wrong. Estes should be thankfull that good drivers have chosen to stay.
Any driver ( good or bad ) can go anywhere and get a job. That is the nature of our career. Management however does not have that working for them. If a TM gets canned they have to take a much lesser job with a worse company. I guess that is why the are thankfull for the job.
This is the second time I heard this. First time was from a lier that pretended to be a Reg. Mgr., and I think still is. :butt kiss: in this company goes a long way for now. Eventually these types of Mgr. will be pushed out the door, and our company will be better off for it.

Estes is one of many company's that think drivers are a dime a dozen. So you wonder why they think this way.

if they are rebidding in the east then why is a run posted right now....only to rebid in 2 weeks?

i doubt this is the case for the east

if they are rebidding in the east then why is a run posted right now....only to rebid in 2 weeks?

i doubt this is the case for the east

I am just reporting what our TM said. I figured it was company knowledge due to He will not say anything that is not already common knowledge. I will ask about it tomorrow. It may be easier to find out from a TM back east.
Last week we had a bid come up due to layoffs and they just assigned a driver to it , no bid.

I am just reporting what our TM said. I figured it was company knowledge due to He will not say anything that is not already common knowledge. I will ask about it tomorrow. It may be easier to find out from a TM back east.
Last week we had a bid come up due to layoffs and they just assigned a driver to it , no bid.

that would make the most sense, cause most likely the job will be temporary. no use asking our terminal manager, might as well be talking to the wall

Better than that is they cut runs lay off drivers now they are using xtra board to cover the runs they cut out makes sense doesn't it

TM is off until Monday. I talked to a few other drivers in the west and they all confirmed what I said about all of Estes going yearly.

this company changes things so much i think they dont know how to run a ltl company:hide:

I think it is more trying to figure out which policy is the best and works. Estes and GI had two systems and now Estes is trying to merge it into one. I think it will be easier once everything is done and one policy and one company. I do not like being called Estes West. We should be one family not one and a step child.

Estes has been around a long time and I do not see it going away. I plan on retireing from the big E in 30 years.

I think it is more trying to figure out which policy is the best and works. Estes and GI had two systems and now Estes is trying to merge it into one.
Well, it's been two years! We're two minutes late and we're chastised. These high priced suits can't even figure out what "get your head out of your *ss" is all about.

yes it has been 2 years and over 6 months of it had to be wasted on the big "U" debate. that was a huge waste of time and energy, and lets not get into the bebate agian, dont rean into that staement too much :D

things move slow and as they remove the people standing in the way of progress we will move forward.

I think it is more trying to figure out which policy is the best and works. Estes and GI had two systems and now Estes is trying to merge it into one. I think it will be easier once everything is done and one policy and one company. I do not like being called Estes West. We should be one family not one and a step child.

Estes has been around a long time and I do not see it going away. I plan on retireing from the big E in 30 years.

30 years at the big e shoot i would hang myself

Try something else?

I know that contract drivers are taking work from the company drivers and should be used more for inner city deliveries if at all...I will say that I can sympathize with your anger at losing a good bid but it happens everywhere I know of and that is the reason I got out of it 2 years ago and am running for a different company and it is NOT a freight company. I have been in your shoes and lost a good bid as well and moved around a little bit between P&D and Home Depot stuff for awhile but I burned out all together on LTL and TL runs all together. Good luck with whatever you decide to try. There are other options out there. I left after 11 years with Estes and it has been a good thing for me. Your situation may prevent you from moving on but as I said Good Luck!!