liftgate trailers

disturbed1

TB Lurker
Credits
does every terminal have these wanna be liftgate trailers where you have to turn the skid sideways and pray the freight stays on the pallet?..look around at your next delivery at a mall or something, watch the food guys walk straight back and then down on their liftgates with no worries...i think we need some real liftgates...hell they charge enough to use them... am i right? less damage claims from freight falling over because it has happend before and more money in the companies pocket...

Speaking of equipment...how is it that a Carrier truck has a 5th wheel that doesn't slide? And I mean it isn't designed to...it's a fixed position. I couldn't pull (Eastern) pups bc the mudflaps would have hit the landing gear when turning. The only thing Carrier pulls is pups. Are their trailers different or something?

Speaking of equipment...how is it that a Carrier truck has a 5th wheel that doesn't slide? And I mean it isn't designed to...it's a fixed position. I couldn't pull (Eastern) pups bc the mudflaps would have hit the landing gear when turning. The only thing Carrier pulls is pups. Are their trailers different or something?
Carrier had a whole assortment of trailers,and I also would see them pulling 48 ft containers into Fishkill..

Do the mudflaps come off?

does every terminal have these wanna be liftgate trailers where you have to turn the skid sideways and pray the freight stays on the pallet?..look around at your next delivery at a mall or something, watch the food guys walk straight back and then down on their liftgates with no worries...i think we need some real liftgates...hell they charge enough to use them... am i right? less damage claims from freight falling over because it has happend before and more money in the companies pocket...

I'll give ya another B#$ch,
Other companies have liftgates powered directly from the pigtail, (NO LIFTGATE CORD) this is stupid to have to take the battery cover off each time you need to use the liftgate. If we are going to offer more and more services to the customer, lets have the CORRECT equipment!!!!!

I'll give ya another B#$ch,
Other companies have liftgates powered directly from the pigtail, (NO LIFTGATE CORD) this is stupid to have to take the battery cover off each time you need to use the liftgate. If we are going to offer more and more services to the customer, lets have the CORRECT equipment!!!!!

It's actually a seperate cord. I have no idea why they won't wire up a lift gate socket on the back of our trucks. A company i used to work for got a truck in with no lift gate plug in once so i took it to the shop we used and had on installed. Total cost was $45 bucks.

It's actually a seperate cord. I have no idea why they won't wire up a lift gate socket on the back of our trucks. A company i used to work for got a truck in with no lift gate plug in once so i took it to the shop we used and had on installed. Total cost was $45 bucks.

I pulled lift gate trailers once in a while at the last company I worked for and there was no separate cord I had to hook up to make it work.

what terminals have 48 liftgate trailers?...only ones we have here at 52 are 45 and smaller..i see a few othere carriers have 48"s with that almighty liftgate...anybody have them here?

but then again we will have the "half" liftgates we use now where you have to turn and pray with the skid...correct equipment costs money people..but then again damage claims would cost more dont ya think????.....