TForce | Like sheep lead to slaugter.2yrs.to decert.

UPSF pays overtime after 43 hours. Mcdonalds pays overtime after 40

UPSF gives no personal days. If you need to see your doctor or see your daughter graduate you have to take a non paid day off and even that they give you a hard time.

UPSF sick days policy is a joke. You have to be sick 3 days to get paid for 1. Thank god Ive never been sick for 3 days. At the end of the year unused sick days are paid at $50.00 a day. Im not a union activist but this company needs so straightening out

hey guys
i just read all the posts in this thread and let me tell you something
you guys have to listen to yourselves
not stopping for legal coffe breaks and lunches! this is the year 2006 not 1935
what you guys are hacking about is some of the very reasons unions materialized in the first place
read a few history books and learn something
learn nothing and be relegated to the dreary work experience you are speaking of and living

hobo said:
UPSF pays overtime after 43 hours. Mcdonalds pays overtime after 40

UPSF gives no personal days. If you need to see your doctor or see your daughter graduate you have to take a non paid day off and even that they give you a hard time.
wrong...You have one floating Holiday/Personal day.And they are going to change that to five personal days instead of sick days...And people at Mcdonalds don't make the money we do...:duh:

hobo said:
UPSF sick days policy is a joke. You have to be sick 3 days to get paid for 1. Thank god Ive never been sick for 3 days. At the end of the year unused sick days are paid at $50.00 a day. Im not a union activist but this company needs so straightening out
:biglaugh: :duh: .......

big steve said:
hey guys
i just read all the posts in this thread and let me tell you something
you guys have to listen to yourselves
not stopping for legal coffe breaks and lunches! this is the year 2006 not 1935
what you guys are hacking about is some of the very reasons unions materialized in the first place
read a few history books and learn something
learn nothing and be relegated to the dreary work experience you are speaking of and living
Whoever doesn't stop is a fool......:cool:

hobo said:

The reason for this is simple....to eliminate or cut down on the random "well,I don't feel like going to work today...I'm going to call off"
Given that most of us have a job because we need the money,we will go to work and make money.

The company needs you to get a job done,the company pays you to get a job done...and now your complaining about not getting paid to not do your job.

I remember a time when people didn't want to call in sick for fear of what the boss would say when they went back to work.
Now we live in a time when people think they should be entitled to stiff the company and get paid for stiffing the company.

I can understand the people complaining about a fair days pay and getting paid for what you do...but your complaining about not getting paid for what you don't do.
If you call off,they are paying someone else to do your job...what makes you think they should pay you too?

listen to yourselves
not stopping for legal coffe breaks and lunches

The guys not stopping for breaks or lunch don't need a union to protect them.
They just need a backbone.

If asked what took so long(and you weren't lolly gagging around all day),you need to say "I took my lunch from 12:30 to 1:00PM"...or whatever.
It is a federal law that they allow you to take a lunch.We don't need a union law to get this...its already there.

To the guy that says "if I take my lunch I'll miss stops" and "thats life in the P&D industry"....as long as you keep doing it...it will never change.

You are correct a backbone is needed not a union....Take your breaks guys,If you don't every company will use you like a pack mule...Union or not....

Good news I'll start taking a lunch break..

Our number one driver was giving a road test to a newbe friday evening.
I was also informed that 2 others are being concidered for driving jobs.

That will give all of us P.& D drivers in my terminal time to take breaks that we have coming to us.

Although we can kiss all of our overtime bye,bye,to allow these new ones to get in a full days pay.

Maybe with more drivers on the clock.
All of us senior drivers that do early appoinments will have are start times staggered to get the appoinments delivered,than get back to do our routes.

Now there you go, better days are coming,and we didn't need the Teamsters to help us out.