ABF | likes and dislikes

I like about everything about the Macks. Freghtliners I just do not care for them at all. I like the Sterling's better than the Freightliners.

Freightliner Likes
Red light for footwell and overhead
Coolest air horn I have ever had, don’t need to use it though.
Dislike
key needs to be on for overhead interior lights.
Many complain about the steering, however this has been supposedly been corrected with new $2,000 each steer tires.
Adjusting steering wheel foot lever directly under steering column.
Cruise control in steering wheel
Sometimes I have the door open to get the key into the ignition.
Flat spot on top of dash so I can put stuff there and it might still be there at the end of the trip.

2,000.00 for 1 steer tire? No wonder they claim their broke. Are you sure about that price? If so, it must have a million mile warranty.

Only problems I have seen (not saying that there aren't others, just reporting) are in the heater controls. The '02 models seem to eat a lot of them.

What kind of electrical problems are they having?
abs,atc, fuel light flash on & off it blew the main fuse twice(the one in the battery box) left headlight goes off & on the 4 ways/ blinkers would stop working from time to time,had to keep adjusting the wheel to make them work. Also had to be sent to carsile beacuse it would not stop regenerating.

abs,atc, fuel light flash on & off it blew the main fuse twice(the one in the battery box) left headlight goes off & on the 4 ways/ blinkers would stop working from time to time,had to keep adjusting the wheel to make them work. Also had to be sent to carsile beacuse it would not stop regenerating.
Sounds like it has a mind of its own. Might be time to just sell that one to a Venezuelan.

Pgh-022 just had a Mack that caught on fire in yard over the weekend. 022 is not my terminal, I was talking to Mr. Harmon making the terminal rounds. He said that as far as he knew, the fire started inside the cab probably in the fusebox. Total loss. Fire started after truck had not been run for about....or at least ...12 hours. Other than hearing that , I drive an older Mickey Mack..'04..I like it. Quiet cab, solid ride...not very fast....but neither am I. The Sterlings are....in my opinion...and I'm sure some will disagree....disposable trucks, generic and cheap. Sell them all to the Venezualens. I'm not lucky enough to spend any time in a new Freightshaker....I used to own one, though. What's the old joke?....."What's the difference between a Jehovah's Witness, and a Freightliner?.....you can close a door on a Jehovah's Witness."

I know the 11 series I believe it was they were replacing the floats in the tanks last year cause they were faulty according to what some mechanics were telling me. Ihave had pretty good luck with the Macks,probably have all kinds of trouble now that I just said that.

Pgh-022 just had a Mack that caught on fire in yard over the weekend. 022 is not my terminal, I was talking to Mr. Harmon making the terminal rounds. He said that as far as he knew, the fire started inside the cab probably in the fusebox. Total loss. Fire started after truck had not been run for about....or at least ...12 hours. Other than hearing that , I drive an older Mickey Mack..'04..I like it. Quiet cab, solid ride...not very fast....but neither am I. The Sterlings are....in my opinion...and I'm sure some will disagree....disposable trucks, generic and cheap. Sell them all to the Venezualens. I'm not lucky enough to spend any time in a new Freightshaker....I used to own one, though. What's the old joke?....."What's the difference between a Jehovah's Witness, and a Freightliner?.....you can close a door on a Jehovah's Witness."
I agree with you on the Sterlings in my opinion they were a much better truck back when they were Ford. I just have not driven many Freightliners,but what few I have I just can not get used to them. They seem awkward to me.