Estes | Limelight!

:flame:

Dude, what KD is getting at is this (hope he doesn't mind): We as a whole are happy with the direction of our company, and with the actions of our leaders over the years. They haven't given us reason to doubt their sincerity or the information they provide. Now looking around the other boards, it doesn't seem as the publicly traded companies, even with full disclosure, are above misleading the rank and file. Further, nobody on the Estes boards should have to justify why we trust our leadership to outsiders posting in a forum titled "Estes Express Lines". Feel free to dissect every three of my sentences with a sound legal retort, but your arguement loses steam with generalizations such as "...you may believe everything the company tells you...". The hard working people of Estes Express Lines are no less or more intelligent than those with representation or those at non-U publicly traded companies, we're just different. So deal.

Well said deacon and no I don't mind, you hit it on the nailhead. Most guys with other outfits can't understand the relationship and confidence we have here at big E between management and labor. We do not need a mediator like two opposing forces, we would rather get along and work together and that is why (as you deacon said above) we are different.

For some odd reason this ex-CF guy is worried silly about this yrc deal and demands documented proof of all comments of which we owe him none.
Maybe we should ask for documented proof that he drove for CF or is even a driver at all? Naaahh.... I really do'nt care that much.

:flame:

Dude, what KD is getting at is this (hope he doesn't mind): We as a whole are happy with the direction of our company, and with the actions of our leaders over the years. They haven't given us reason to doubt their sincerity or the information they provide. Now looking around the other boards, it doesn't seem as the publicly traded companies, even with full disclosure, are above misleading the rank and file. Further, nobody on the Estes boards should have to justify why we trust our leadership to outsiders posting in a forum titled "Estes Express Lines". Feel free to dissect every three of my sentences with a sound legal retort, but your arguement loses steam with generalizations such as "...you may believe everything the company tells you...". The hard working people of Estes Express Lines are no less or more intelligent than those with representation or those at non-U publicly traded companies, we're just different. So deal.

I worked at Estes. Must have been a different Estes. Because this post doesn't sound any thing like the company I worked for. TE out...

Well said deacon and no I don't mind, you hit it on the nailhead. Most guys with other outfits can't understand the relationship and confidence we have here at big E between management and labor. We do not need a mediator like two opposing forces, we would rather get along and work together and that is why (as you deacon said above) we are different.

For some odd reason this ex-CF guy is worried silly about this yrc deal and demands documented proof of all comments of which we owe him none.
Maybe we should ask for documented proof that he drove for CF or is even a driver at all? Naaahh.... I really do'nt care that much.

Relationship? Confidence? Between management and labor? Give me a break. As you posted before "Dude you aren't fooling anybody". Hey Beerboy, I thought you were not going to let anyone post BS on your forum? What gives? TE out....

Why is it you have ventured so far from the point I was trying to make ? Simply I was questioning posts number 2 and 3. I explained that in my post number 18. Frankly I am not worried silly about this deal, or any other deal Estes makes. Having people making comments that aren't plausible or accurate without someone questioning them is my only concern in the interest of is factual, not corporate fiction.
Perhaps we should check everyone on this board .... or not. Does my previous employer still bother you ? Your employer doesn't bother me ...like I said in post number 18, ... never mind, perhaps you should read it again.

Relationship? Confidence? Between management and labor? Give me a break. As you posted before "Dude you aren't fooling anybody". Hey Beerboy, I thought you were not going to let anyone post BS on your forum? What gives? TE out....

Don't go crying to BB..he knows what I mean about having a confident realtionship with managment. If you don't understand it then that's not my problem.

Having people making comments that aren't plausible or accurate without someone questioning them is my only concern in the interest of is factual, not corporate fiction
That's my point, you are in no position to identify what is plausible or accurate within our company. You try to judge our company based on your past experience with other outfits that are nothing like Estes.

Does my previous employer still bother you ?
Not in the least, how could a company that is history bother anybody? That's just a weird comment all the way around.

That's my point, you are in no position to identify what is plausible or accurate within our company.
... and you are, because management told you so ? Sorry, once again, the way you and others have played this out is not how business is done ...Estes or any other large multi-million dollar company.
Not in the least, how could a company that is history bother anybody? That's just a weird comment all the way around.
One of your first responses was to my avatar, so it must have struck something which caused you to comment. Why don't you comment on my specific issues instead of worrying about my previous employers anyway. Perhaps I should list all my previous employers in the last 40 years so you could comment on my job choices. I'm sure yours were all perfect jobs.

... and you are, because management told you so ? Sorry, once again, the way you and others have played this out is not how business is done ...Estes or any other large multi-million dollar company.

I'm in a much better position to have an accurate opinion on the company I've worked for than you.
There you go again saying this is not how business is done. Maybe the reason we are in such a good position is because we don't do business the way most do or as you feel like all companies do.

I'm in a much better position to have an accurate opinion on the company I've worked for than you.
There you go again saying this is not how business is done. Maybe the reason we are in such a good position is because we don't do business the way most do or as you feel like all companies do.

And for King Rob's (you said you submit to him) next magic act, drum roll please, the reinvention of the fifth wheel. TE out......

... and you are, because management told you so ? Sorry, once again, the way you and others have played this out is not how business is done ...Estes or any other large multi-million dollar company.One of your first responses was to my avatar, so it must have struck something which caused you to comment. Why don't you comment on my specific issues instead of worrying about my previous employers anyway. Perhaps I should list all my previous employers in the last 40 years so you could comment on my job choices. I'm sure yours were all perfect jobs.

:popcorn: Like arguing with the Rain Man. Now you know why I've only posted a few times, just don't have the patience. But I'm a glutton for punishment, so here goes....

Me....work at Estes
You...not work at Estes
Me....likey Estes
You...not Likey Estes
Me....should likey Estes, as I choose to work here
You....................................................:smilie_132:

:popcorn: Like arguing with the Rain Man. Now you know why I've only posted a few times, just don't have the patience. But I'm a glutton for punishment, so here goes....

Me....work at Estes
You...not work at Estes
Me....likey Estes
You...not Likey Estes
Me....should likey Estes, as I choose to work here
You....................................................:smilie_132:

Please show me any post where I disrespected Estes. If any ones cares to read, check post number 18. I have always said Estes was a well run company with excellent management.
You all need to read all the posts before shooting at the hip.
Me .... I don't worky at YRC !
You ... not read all posts !
Me... I Like the facts !
You ... Not enough patience to read everything ! :rolleyes1:

Please show me any post where I disrespected Estes. If any ones cares to read, check post number 18. I have always said Estes was a well run company with excellent management.
You all need to read all the posts before shooting at the hip.
Me .... I don't worky at YRC !
You ... not read all posts !
Me... I Like the facts !
You ... Not enough patience to read everything ! :rolleyes1:

Finally some entertainment around here... These remind of of the Beerboy VS Elvis or the Elvis VS T4J battles of long ago. :popcorn::biglaugh:

Finally some entertainment around here... These remind of of the Beerboy VS Elvis or the Elvis VS T4J battles of long ago. :popcorn::biglaugh:

Correct you are, I give, you win....If you'll refer to post 437 from October of 2005, you'll note that I'm a stroke sufferer who doesn't understand circular logic twisted into itself. My head hurts and I'm retreating back under my tinfoil helmet, to avoid the brain control rays being emanated out of Overland Park.:bowdown:

Children, children....play nice....all I can say, is that our jobs are safe now and will be for a very very long time....I just wish I were debt free too....

Children, children....play nice....all I can say, is that our jobs are safe now and will be for a very very long time....I just wish I were debt free too....

When it's game time folks turn the channel to their favorite team. When their team is getting a whoop'n the losing team wants to fight.

BB has gone out of his way to make his identity known!! Maybe it has come back to haunt him! I hope not.:popcorn:

Why isn't Estes Express Lines a Publically Traded Company?
Because we would then be beholden to the stockholders every quarter. If we didn't produce profits fast enough for their greedy pockets they would sell our shares in a heartbeat much the way they are doing with YRC which had a high of $63 and change in May 2005 and $1.610 as of this writing. Much lower than yesterday! Being a privately held company with no shareholders to answer to, we are free to do as we please with our cash. Times are not the best for Estes right now, but it doesn;t matter to us as we have NO long term debt and are cash rich. Sorry flstc2000, I cannot provide you with proof as I am not privy to that info. Schneider NAtional is in the same boat as they are privately owned and cash rich.

Do they own everything that they have?
Yes they do and there is no long term debt. All terminals, even the crappiest ones, are purchased in cash from what I have heard from those "in the know". The same with equipment.

If so... where does all the money go?
The money goes into purchasing terminals from YRC and the purchasing of GI trucking as well as other trucking companies in the northeast and such. The remainder is held in cash for hard times like we are now experiencing.

Look at it like this. If Estes, you, or any company/individual for that matter, are completely debt-free and own your house, cars, etc outright and owe no one any money you can easily survive a severe downturn in the economy the likes of which has never been experienced in our lifetimes. When housing prices/stocks, etc reach bottom you can clean up by coming in with your saved up cash and buying at rock bottom proices from people/companies who are so starved for cash that they will sell at firesale prices. I believe Estes will "clean up" in the long run because of their cash rich situatiuon.

Besides we did not have to borrow money or purchase equipment/other companies on leverage. We paid cash.

Also, the money goes to raises for drivers (granted it was not that much) when many public companies like YRC, Milan, etc are cutting drivers pay in order to survive. We received a raise in the most severest of times while YRC voted to decrease theirs. Makes one wonder. It also goes to keep the company equipment well-maintained and for the purchase of new equipment.

Are You all reaping the rewards of their success?
We are reaping the rewards in that we have no fear of going bankrupt or facing a decrease iun pay (for the foreseeable future). We are reaping the rewards in knowing our company has no debt and will survive this depression practically unscathed while others will be "murdered". It will be a bloodbath in the trucking industry, especially for the unionized/public companies I'm afraid.

Pensions, 401k's, Profit Sharing - anything like that?
No pension and no profit sharing although I would like to see at least a little profit sharing with those who make the company a success and that is the drivers. 401k is only a match of 3%. Quite low by standards, but our pay is superior. So if you do not spend more than you make or live above your means, you should be able to do alright. I believe Estes is among the highest paid in the LTL/non-union business these days.

If we had a pension, we would be public and would probably lose it if the company filed for bankruptcy or, at least, have it severely curtailed. Just watch what is happening with the auto industry. As they go, so will the unions of the LTL. I really feel sorry for them as they built their companies to the status they once had with promises from the company of a secure retirement and it is now all in jeopardy.