New Penn | Limited Overtime

Friend of the frog

TB Regular
Credits
I jeard a rumor today that YRCW has given strict orders to NPME management that there will be no OT past 60 hours for P & D and dock.

I have noticed more NPME missed pick ups the last few weeks and wonder if this is the reason.

Friend of the frog said:
I jeard a rumor today that YRCW has given strict orders to NPME management that there will be no OT past 60 hours for P & D and dock.

I have noticed more NPME missed pick ups the last few weeks and wonder if this is the reason.

I'm a little confused FOTF. We can't legally work over 60 hours anyway

That's not happening at the Philadelphia terminal. Freight is still rolling in as late as midnight, the dock is busy stripping and loading outbound late into the night.
Perhaps other terminals less busy have cut back, but that doesn't appear to have happened here.

CFer said:
I'm a little confused FOTF. We can't legally work over 60 hours anyway
CFer is right .... but that went over my head about the 60 hour rule. Since I am on the road operation and I don't care to work as much as some others I never see much more then a 50 hour week .... and that's enough !

Friend of the frog said:

where exactly did you notice missed pick ups at ? out of all the guys in my tm., thats over 100, maybe 1 or 2 might be missed. and it's most certainly aint a major account either. hardly anything to worry about but since you work for the competition that kind of news would make you happy. and as for the 60 hr thing, who the hell wants to work past that ? legally you can't do it anyway. a guy working over 60 has no life whatsoever.

continue to focus on rumors if you like.

UnionTrucka said:
where exactly did you notice missed pick ups at ? out of all the guys in my tm., thats over 100, maybe 1 or 2 might be missed. and it's most certainly aint a major account either. hardly anything to worry about but since you work for the competition that kind of news would make you happy. and as for the 60 hr thing, who the hell wants to work past that ? legally you can't do it anyway. a guy working over 60 has no life whatsoever.

continue to focus on rumors if you like.

Oh - F*ing relax. I was asking a question. If that is against the rules then sue me.
For the record you do not know where I work and it would not make me "happy" if you guys missed p/u's. Some of my closest friends work at NPME and this was some of the rumblings they were telling me the other day.

Don't be so defensive, it makes it look like you have something to hide.

look who gets hot under the collar. and i'm the one whose gotta relax ? buddy you make a statement concerning a RUMOR and when someone addresses it you get tight. you remind me of a certain member of these boards that loves to run his mouth and claims to be a know-it-all but when their comments are addressed they get very defensive. grow up Jr. & save the profanity. go grab a cold one sweetheart.

WOW - I do not even know where to start.

Lets see - How an I remind you of a know it all - when I am openly asking a question.

Your logic really confuses me.

The you say that I make a statement concerning a rumor.

Actually this goes back to the first point. I was asking a question, not making a statement. I was asking a question because it did not make sense to me.

A couple of intelligent NPME drivers cleared that up pretty quickly and it was time to move on.

Then you come and start with your "Yo Brooklyn Trucka" macho attitude and make me address you.

Relax Francis.

Time to move on.

Next question - How long until YRCW decides to shut down New Penn ???

Story at 11.

Friend of the frog said:
WOW - I do not even know where to start.

Lets see - How an I remind you of a know it all - when I am openly asking a question.

Your logic really confuses me.

The you say that I make a statement concerning a rumor.

Actually this goes back to the first point. I was asking a question, not making a statement. I was asking a question because it did not make sense to me.

A couple of intelligent NPME drivers cleared that up pretty quickly and it was time to move on.

Then you come and start with your "Yo Brooklyn Trucka" macho attitude and make me address you.

Relax Francis.

Time to move on.

Story at 11.

what attitude, im calm and collective. whatever, you already made yourself look like a fool.

Friend of the frog said:

Story at 11.
I would guess as soon as we outlive our usefulness .... and the profits head south too !:grinning-smiley-021

what am i missing here? 14 hrs a day @ 5 days is 70 hrs.we work on 6 days 70 hr. deal, i believe.it's all legal to work these hours. plus what about that one day a week deal you can work 16 hrs, as long as you get 10 off.not saying i want to work that many hours, ok. just that you can legally work the 70 hrs.

allnightrain44 said:
what am i missing here? 14 hrs a day @ 5 days is 70 hrs.we work on 6 days 70 hr. deal, i believe.it's all legal to work these hours. plus what about that one day a week deal you can work 16 hrs, as long as you get 10 off.not saying i want to work that many hours, ok. just that you can legally work the 70 hrs.

Brother, we all know the deal as drivers. please don't further this topic off someone's alleged "rumor". it's useless.

allnightrain44 said:

Yes you are missing something. People like to twist things and bend the facts to suit their own agenda.

Thanks for showing me that I am not a "complete" idiot. A idiot none the less, just not in total.

Friend of the frog said:
Oh - F*ing relax. I was asking a question. If that is against the rules then sue me.
For the record you do not know where I work and it would not make me "happy" if you guys missed p/u's. Some of my closest friends work at NPME and this was some of the rumblings they were telling me the other day.

Don't be so defensive, it makes it look like you have something to hide.
You do have something to hide Frog your idenity. Had to change your name because the company you work for told you not to post on this web site. Seems you have plenty to say here but where it really matters face to face to your boss you seem to lose your Ba**s. How could you let someone dictate what you our allow to do at home. Didn't agree with most of your post but you lost all credibility in my eyes. Here you never back down, at work you are just a yes man. Which really suprised me. Just my opinion. Which in this world means very little. But I am still posting under my name. NPME doesn't like it to freakin bad..
Say hello to Stevie for me and make sure the trucks our locked. What a genius!!!!!

Blah - Blah - Blah

I did not catch your name Mr tough guy. The last time I checked there was not many people named Irishman....

Its very easy to be an anynomous shlub. One of 50-60 drivers from a specific terminal.

Let the world know who you are before you condemn some one else, who you think you know.

The fact of the matter is you are a no name hide in the masses nobody.

Irishman107 said:
You do have something to hide Frog your idenity. Had to change your name because the company you work for told you not to post on this web site. Seems you have plenty to say here but where it really matters face to face to your boss you seem to lose your Ba**s. How could you let someone dictate what you our allow to do at home. Didn't agree with most of your post but you lost all credibility in my eyes. Here you never back down, at work you are just a yes man. Which really suprised me. Just my opinion. Which in this world means very little. But I am still posting under my name. NPME doesn't like it to freakin bad.
I wonder if he's that one that was posting on the R&L forum and got busted by his TM back before the old site crashed.

Friend of the frog said:
Blah - Blah - Blah

I did not catch your name Mr tough guy. The last time I checked there was not many people named Irishman....

Its very easy to be an anynomous shlub. One of 50-60 drivers from a specific terminal.

Let the world know who you are before you condemn some one else, who you think you know.

The fact of the matter is you are a no name hide in the masses nobody.

Everyone in my terminal knows who I am including the bosses. Go by the same name in work. As for you how many times will you have to change your name so the boss won't fire you. SEE YOU DIDN'T DISAGREE WITH THE TRUE PARTS OF MY COMMENTS. Only condemn you because you come on here talking crap about other companies and union rules but somehow it slips your mind that you are working for a company which bans you to be on this web site. And you listen..
Never said I was a tough guy, all I said was I would never let New Penn tell me what to do. So go change your name or hide in the corner and Stevie will never find out. So as your company would say Hile ಠ▄ಠ...

Irishman107 said:
Only condemn you because you come on here talking crap about other companies and union rules but somehow it slips your mind that you are working for a company which bans you to be on this web site. And you listen..
Seems to me, that would create 1st Amendment right to free speech issues.

In the Boston terminal we are wrapping up the outbound around 11:30. Got a few P&D drivers getting back around 10:30 with outbound freight. Only averaging about 2 hours a week OT on the dock lately, and those 2 hours are on Friday!