New Penn | Limited Overtime

I Work Up At Np Camphill Dock, We Work 10 Hours Everyday. At The Start Of All Shifts We Are All Told It Will Be 2 Hours Ot Per Contract. City Drivers Work No Less Than 10 Hrs, Most Work 12 Or More Every Day. Np Thrives On This Forced Overtime.. I Worked At Np From 1997 Until Now I Was Forced To Work Ot Every Day. The Old Contract We Were Forced To Work 10 To 12 Hours Or More Every Day.with The New 2003 Contract Np Could Only Force Dock Employees 10 Hours Per Day. Thank God For The 2003 Contract. Even If There Is No Work On The Dock, You Can See 10 To 12 Guys Sitting Around Looking At Each Other. 5 Or 6 Guys Working The Same Trailor. Np Just Does Not Want To Send You Home. I Can't See How Np Makes Money. Their Opperation Ratio Is Always Showing Low Numbers. I Guess Big Red Just Knows How To Spin Them Numbers. I Hope They Keep Spinning Them Numbers For 2 More Years Then I Can Say Just Take Your Ot And Shove It. I Aint Working Here No More.

Irishman107 said:
Everyone in my terminal knows who I am including the bosses. Go by the same name in work. As for you how many times will you have to change your name so the boss won't fire you. SEE YOU DIDN'T DISAGREE WITH THE TRUE PARTS OF MY COMMENTS. Only condemn you because you come on here talking crap about other companies and union rules but somehow it slips your mind that you are working for a company which bans you to be on this web site. And you listen..
Never said I was a tough guy, all I said was I would never let New Penn tell me what to do. So go change your name or hide in the corner and Stevie will never find out. So as your company would say Hile ಠ▄ಠ...
Irishman107 if you have a personal problem with FOTF take it to a PM. He ask a legit question and some folks have choosen to answer him with answers that are civil. It really gets kinda boring with all the bs about what some one else chooses to do or even if it is the same person you seem to think it is.
The topic is a good one so lets stick to it.:Off-Topic:

hillbilly frog said:
Irishman107 if you have a personal problem with FOTF take it to a PM. He ask a legit question and some folks have choosen to answer him with answers that are civil. It really gets kinda boring with all the bs about what some one else chooses to do or even if it is the same person you seem to think it is.
The topic is a good one so lets stick to it.:Off-Topic:

You Frogs all stick together.

Irishman107 said:
You Frogs all stick together.
No sir we do not. I could care less what kinda problems you have with other posters I am just kinda tired of the same old crap between you two guys. Keep it on subject.

allnightrain44 said:
what am i missing here? 14 hrs a day @ 5 days is 70 hrs.we work on 6 days 70 hr. deal, i believe.it's all legal to work these hours. plus what about that one day a week deal you can work 16 hrs, as long as you get 10 off.not saying i want to work that many hours, ok. just that you can legally work the 70 hrs.

union jobs follow this deal
city operations 60 hrs in a 7 consecutive day span with no 34 hour restart
road operations 70 hours in an 8 day consecutive span with no 34 hour restart
non unions apply the restart
the one day 16 hour exception has special requirements to satisfy before it can be utilized
all city drivers are normally able to utilize this exception and only certain linehaul drivers can invoke it providing they also satisfy the reqiurements

the reqiurements
1- did not utilize this exception in the previous 6 duty tours
2- had 10 consecutive hours off duty prior to starting the tour of duty
3- started and completed the previous 5 duty tours at the same location (not put to bed):wacko:

it is possible not to be in violation legally during calculations of HOS in overlapping weeks but when you exceed the limitations established you are in violation contractually

this is the main reason for jobs shrinking
the company accomplishes more with less men
even when it seems the company hires men in reality it is an illusion as they would have had to hire more men
the problem our pension faces when this occurs are the cuts we may now or in the future will face due to less participants:shifty:

allnightrain44 said:
what am i missing here? 14 hrs a day @ 5 days is 70 hrs.we work on 6 days 70 hr. deal, i believe.it's all legal to work these hours. plus what about that one day a week deal you can work 16 hrs, as long as you get 10 off.not saying i want to work that many hours, ok. just that you can legally work the 70 hrs.

union jobs follow this deal
city operations 60 hrs in a 7 consecutive day span with no 34 hour restart
road operations 70 hours in an 8 day consecutive span with no 34 hour restart
non unions apply the restart
the one day 16 hour exception has special requirements to satisfy before it can be utilized
all city drivers are normally able to utilize this exception and only certain linehaul drivers can invoke it providing they also satisfy the reqiurements

the reqiurements
1- did not utilize this exception in the previous 6 duty tours
2- had 10 consecutive hours off duty prior to starting the tour of duty
3- started and completed the previous 5 duty tours at the same location (not put to bed):wacko:

it is possible not to be in violation legally during calculations of HOS in overlapping weeks but when you exceed the limitations established you are in violation contractually

this is the main reason for jobs shrinking
the company accomplishes more with less men
even when it seems the company hires men in reality it is an illusion as they would have had to hire more men
the problem our pension faces when this occurs are the cuts we may now or in the future will face due to less participants:shifty:

Pegleg-NP makes money in one way by forced OT,It's cheaper to work an employee 14 hr days and only contribute to 8 hrs H+W. I know of horrer stories in Trenton due to the fact it's a combo barn.

froggie said:
Pegleg-NP makes money in one way by forced OT,It's cheaper to work an employee 14 hr days and only contribute to 8 hrs H+W. I know of horrer stories in Trenton due to the fact it's a combo barn.
Don't know what you mean when you refer Trenton is a "combo " barn.
What does that have to do with forced O/T ?

One list for the city and dock. The men can work the dock and be told to peddle on the street.Excluding Roadmen ofcourse which is a separate list. I don't believe they can use the 10 hr rule for the fact they are not straight Dockmen.

froggie said:
One list for the city and dock. The men can work the dock and be told to peddle on the street.Excluding Roadmen ofcourse which is a separate list. I don't believe they can use the 10 hr rule for the fact they are not straight Dockmen.

City men can book 10 froggie. They just can't do it on a regular basis and abuse it

Irishman - I am calling you out here for the world to see.

First - your arrogance passes over union - non union lines. It passes over job classes and basically any other stereo type I can think of. You are a blow hard. You have posted nothing here other than to harass me and that is fine. In five months you have 9 posts and six are aimed at me for some reason. You have a problem with me, fine its your problem.

Next - You sit there is anomonyity and claim that everyone at your terminal knows who you are. GREAT. Let me know who you are and I will gladly scan you a copy of whatever document you want proving my identity.

Last - with regards to your assertations that I am under a false name here and that I was told by my bosses not to come here. That is complete nonsense. If I was someone else and someone as intelligent as you were able to figure out that it was someone else, don't you think others would be able to do the same thing.

All I know is that if I was instructed by MY company to stay away from a web site, I would look for a new job.

If I was that scared for my job, I would not post here, plain and simple.

The fact is that I am here and make no bones about who I am. My company does not care, to be honest I do not even know if they care.

It is time for me to run. I will not address you again, until you let me know who you, big man. If you are afraid to post your first name here for the world to see, please feel free to PM it to me, until then don't go away mad, just go away.

if the companies had to pay benefits on all hours worked it should help stop forced overtime of course there are the people who need it :duh: :greedy:

100 percent right Justice, unfortunately it would put alot of companies over the edge. I for one am in favor of a 3 day work week but I don't see that happening.

CFer said:
City men can book 10 froggie. They just can't do it on a regular basis and abuse it
Cfer can you explain that a little better.Im tired of getting home 9:30 or later every nite.....CRAZY

froggie said:
100 percent right Justice, unfortunately it would put alot of companies over the edge. I for one am in favor of a 3 day work week but I don't see that happening.

I think they will ask for benefit concessions in this upcoming contract. we pay some of health costs and they also contribute less to pensions. if that happens we might as well be non-union.
ps; I could do the 3 day week also.:bgroovy:

forced ot

Justice said:
if the companies had to pay benefits on all hours worked it should help stop forced overtime of course there are the people who need it :duh: :greedy:

why not only force the company to pay
H + W on the first 10 hours of ot
that is doable and they certainly can afford it as they are all making high profits
this would solve two problems
1- help our H+W funds
2- make them think twice about ridiculous hours each week:ontopic:

us paying any portion of H+W is a no no:ranting2: