New Penn | Limited Overtime

froggie said:
100 percent right Justice, unfortunately it would put alot of companies over the edge. I for one am in favor of a 3 day work week but I don't see that happening.

I have a three day work week at UPS.

Punch in Tuesday 4AM punch out Thrusday 8PM

Life is good, alot better than when I was in freight

It May Be Cheaper To Force Some One To Work Ot. But When They Force Me .i Can Tell You It Would Be Cheaper To Pay Some One Who Wants To Work.because I Give Them The Very Best Of My Worst.

I Work Up At Np Camphill Dock, We Work 10 Hours Everyday. At The Start Of All Shifts We Are All Told It Will Be 2 Hours Ot Per Contract. City Drivers Work No Less Than 10 Hrs, Most Work 12 Or More Every Day. Np Thrives On This Forced Overtime.. I Worked At Np From 1997 Until Now I Was Forced To Work Ot Every Day. The Old Contract We Were Forced To Work 10 To 12 Hours Or More Every Day.with The New 2003 Contract Np Could Only Force Dock Employees 10 Hours Per Day. Thank God For The 2003 Contract. Even If There Is No Work On The Dock, You Can See 10 To 12 Guys Sitting Around Looking At Each Other. 5 Or 6 Guys Working The Same Trailor. Np Just Does Not Want To Send You Home. I Can't See How Np Makes Money. Their Opperation Ratio Is Always Showing Low Numbers. I Guess Big Red Just Knows How To Spin Them Numbers. I Hope They Keep Spinning Them Numbers For 2 More Years Then I Can Say Just Take Your Ot And Shove It. I Aint Working Here No More.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ramos and Virtue on the Virtue slate negotiate that supplement.:1036316054:

what am i missing here? 14 hrs a day @ 5 days is 70 hrs.we work on 6 days 70 hr. deal, i believe.it's all legal to work these hours. plus what about that one day a week deal you can work 16 hrs, as long as you get 10 off.not saying i want to work that many hours, ok. just that you can legally work the 70 hrs.

i know this is a late response but............
teamster jobs only:
there is no 34 hour restart applied
city ops max 60 hrs on duty in a 7 day period
road ops max 70 hrs on duty in a 8 day period

the 16 hour exception applies only to certain drivers who fullfill the particular requirements + you have to be relieved of duty WITHIN 16 hours and does not always apply to roadmen

just because you can do it (work the max) doesn't mean you have to!!!!

if everyone remains greedy and works the maximum none of our companies will hire new blood
which is necc for maintenance of bennies and curtailing "forced slavery"

i know friend of the frog you are going to say,"how can that be slavery as you get paid for it"
well my friend money isn't everything
unon trucka is 100% right and you are wrong at least most of the time
everyone's motto should be
[COLOR=SeaGreen[B]]" i don't live to work, i work to live"[/[/B]COLOR]try it as it will make you a much happier person
more in life than work my friends
what this does is hurt your pension, hurt your H&W and of course you wouldn't know that would you?
and friend of the frog guess what ............ I'm back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RDWY EOL/satelittle Terminal. Currently has 5 guys/combo. 3 laid off... These guys have 4/10's ( 10 hr bids four days week) each man is currently working 12-14 hrs per day,and have been for quite some time. But at least they only work 4 days.... I got 3 men to cover 6 areas, plus the I/B AND the O/B..... but the 4 day work week for them = 60 per week , rather than 70 per week..... ( and 3 days off )