SAIA | Lina haul in Colorado

.60 mile $10.79 D&H (top pay) starts July 3
most runs are night and new guys usually run the system (out 5 days)
runs are terminal to terminal D&H, in 7 years I have had to work 3 pups to get mtys.
I'm not in Colorado but L/H is about the same system wide.

Strip 3 trailers in 7 years to get mtys? You must not run TX or LA .... do that and more some weeks. (LAF, LKC, BMT,SAN, CCI, AUS, VCT, BRG, LAR) :idunno:

It's all in the timing. This was a lesson I learned fairly early, lol

If I was a dock worker my family and I would starve to death.

Lol I'm definitely not the man I make it back sometime at the end of the day with 1hr left I don't have time to empty trlrs. Trying to empty a trlrs out would end up being a lay down for me. Lol

Lol I'm definitely not the man I make it back sometime at the end of the day with 1hr left I don't have time to empty trlrs. Trying to empty a trlrs out would end up being a lay down for me. Lol
Well ... Rider you are "The Man" to me. You are a great guy and it's a pleasure to know you. It's great co-workers like you that make SAIA one of the best in the business.

If you're talking about Denver, you may be running the system (gone for a few days or possibly the whole week), or you might be doing some meet and turns with SLC or Omaha, or running and laying over in the hotel in SLC or OMA then going back home the next night. Coming in as a new hire, my guess is that you would be doing a lot of SLC/OMA layover runs and running systems occasionally.. For the most part you'll be running doubles.

Starting pay for most of the country is .54/mile (when the raise takes place next week) and it takes 6 months to get to the full scale .60/mile. Insurance is low cost low deductible. For 401k, the company matches half of your 6% contribution.

runs are terminal to terminal D&H, in 7 years I have had to work 3 pups to get mtys

So I volunteered to do a saturday run and I had to strip two trailers to get back home with empties. I never heard of LH drivers stripping trailers until it was mentioned in this thread... I think you guys jinxed me LOL. I've been here just under a year and this is a first for me...

So I volunteered to do a saturday run and I had to strip two trailers to get back home with empties. I never heard of LH drivers stripping trailers until it was mentioned in this thread... I think you guys jinxed me LOL. I've been here just under a year and this is a first for me...

That's usually when I end up having to strip trailers Sat, Sun, and holidays... If it sounds to easy beware.

Am I the only one, who hears the phone ring about 2hrs prior to departure, and starts silently praying cut, cut, cut me.

Am I the only one, who hears the phone ring about 2hrs prior to departure, and starts silently praying cut, cut, cut me.

Central forgets about me all the time. There's been a couple times that they have done it while I'm at home and I just don't call in. Nice to have a night off once in a while. lol