SAIA | Line haul cuts

Jack Knife

TB Veteran
Credits
how many terminals are having L/H cuts. we are cutting 3 drivers a night. the 2 breaks on either side is not cutting very often. their drivers are coming in to move our freight or moving in system drivers putting them in a motel to run the runs they cut. if they want to put us on a 4 day week I can live with that lust let us know what day so we can do something .

Understood. A few years back, when city had a person sitting home everyday, I asked if my day could be a scheduled day, so I could go do some hauling for a friend of mine. Got the finger waves in my face and an adamant "no". I left it at that

We have at least 1 driver being cut a day right now. We are going thru are list in a week. I haven't had a full payche in a few weeks

Cuts already in October? Little early isn't it?
End of 3rd beginning of 4th qtr is typically slow. Usually ramps up end of year and falls off first couple months in new year. And alot of terminals have added more drivers over the last few months. So some terminals may see more cuts than usual.

Mps has a cut here and there. It hasn't been a common occurrence yet. Fhey are in the process of hiring another linehaul driver right now. I hope they dont start cutting regularly cause the guy they are hiring is a buddy of mine.