SAIA | line haul drivers

scout

TB Lurker
Credits
there was a line driver in fon that had truck problems 35-40 miles from terminal,shop asked if he could get it back,yea but top speed 30 mph,took side streets back,2hrs.saved the company 1000+dollars for a tow..he ran out of time to finish the run,but set it up to have another driver at the terminal to take it to meet his meet driver,line haul paid him 70 miles and took away the drop.so if you have a problem,get the tow,you will be paid to sit there...i know i will.

The conundrum lies in that once the breakdown meter starts, we don't start the paid portion of the breakdown until an hour after calling it in. The miles may have been just one portion of the schedule. He wouldn't get the drop pay because his portion of the run ended when he ran out of hours and no drop occurred as he ended his trip. I understand the rules are different in Cali for drops and hooks and he probably didn't get the entire pay for dropping and hooking. The area I run in the drop and hook are paid as a single event. We give the company the first hook and the last drop. I don't know about limping in. That raises safety concerns any way one looks at it.