FedEx Freight | Line haul Flagstaff, AZ.

D4n_H4l3n

TB Lurker
Credits
Hello everybody, I’m new to these boards but not to FedEx Freight. I’ve been a city driver in Texas for fourteen years, been through a lot of changes in this area. I’m looking to get out of here, move west, Utah, Arizona etc. and am thinking of making the switch to Road Driver. I’ve been here long enough and have learned all of the FedEx trickery to know if I call that center I won’t get the truth, just what they think I will want to hear.

My question is if anyone knows or has first hand experience as to why the Road Driver position in Flagstaff ALWAYS posted on the job board? I have a few theories why that position must have a high turnover since Phoenix is so close.

1. Drive to Phoenix, work the dock 6 hours.
2. Drive to Phoenix, work the dock 4 hours.
3. Drive to Phoenix, they don’t let you work the dock but make you wait 4 hours for your hooks to be ready.
4. It’s not even a “full time” Road Driver position.

Any insight you guys can give is greatly appreciated since I’m considering a pretty big, life changing move.
Thanks.

Either scenario 1 or 2. I'm not out of Flagstaff but I used to have Sbo-Flg bid. Decent amount of snow in the winter months too although this year there hasn't been too much. Flg has alot of big mile runs in the A.M. but of course the senior driver have first dibs.

Either scenario 1 or 2. I'm not out of Flagstaff but I used to have Sbo-Flg bid. Decent amount of snow in the winter months too although this year there hasn't been too much. Flg has alot of big mile runs in the A.M. but of course the senior driver have first dibs.

yea! those sumbitches cant keep anybody 'cause aint nobody wanna put in 6+ hours on a stupidass dock...just sayin'

That’s what I was thinking, I forgot about the weather though. Was your SBO to FLG a lay down? Are lay down runs not a high seniority bid in the Road Driver world? If not then maybe it’s a lay down, I would take a run like that.

Last edited:
Hello everybody, I’m new to these boards but not to FedEx Freight. I’ve been a city driver in Texas for fourteen years, been through a lot of changes in this area. I’m looking to get out of here, move west, Utah, Arizona etc. and am thinking of making the switch to Road Driver. I’ve been here long enough and have learned all of the FedEx trickery to know if I call that center I won’t get the truth, just what they think I will want to hear.

My question is if anyone knows or has first hand experience as to why the Road Driver position in Flagstaff ALWAYS posted on the job board? I have a few theories why that position must have a high turnover since Phoenix is so close.

1. Drive to Phoenix, work the dock 6 hours.
2. Drive to Phoenix, work the dock 4 hours.
3. Drive to Phoenix, they don’t let you work the dock but make you wait 4 hours for your hooks to be ready.
4. It’s not even a “full time” Road Driver position.

Any insight you guys can give is greatly appreciated since I’m considering a pretty big, life changing move.
Thanks.

Its option one but more than likely extraboard. Cost of living is high. Its a small mountain town. Plus its supposed to be 75 man board so moving up will take a while.

That’s what I was thinking, I forgot about the weather though. Was your SBO to FLG a lay down? Are lay down runs not a high seniority bid in the Road Driver world? If not then maybe it’s a lay down, I would take a run like that.
It was a layover run. 417 miles. Not the best (mileswise) for a laydown but nevertheless solid run and almost never got cut. I have a good turn run now