TForce | Line haul going hourly

AdHoc4life

TB Lurker
Credits
So my manager accidentally leaked that he got an email saying that upsf is experimenting with the road drivers using strictly ata. Which he said ata is the clock system, which we already use to arrive/depart, punch in and out. So since we already use the system for that....what exactly are they "testing"?! He thinks its for linehaul to go hourly instead of mileage, like feeders. Anyone one hear anything out there?

So my manager accidentally leaked that he got an email saying that upsf is experimenting with the road drivers using strictly ata. Which he said ata is the clock system, which we already use to arrive/depart, punch in and out. So since we already use the system for that....what exactly are they "testing"?! He thinks its for linehaul to go hourly instead of mileage, like feeders. Anyone one hear anything out there?
That would make daytime runs more viable. Buster Brown runs 24/7. We would be able to do a larger geographic area cutting days off of transit.

Where are you located brother?

What does my location have to do with anything?

Out here in cali they passed a law in regards to piece work. The gist of the law was to prevent employers from exploiting this type of compensation, and in some cases not even meeting the minimum wage requirements. Paid by the mile for truck drivers is included in this new legislation. I was just wondering if you were from out here in California.

Out here in cali they passed a law in regards to piece work. The gist of the law was to prevent employers from exploiting this type of compensation, and in some cases not even meeting the minimum wage requirements. Paid by the mile for truck drivers is included in this new legislation. I was just wondering if you were from out here in California.
Oh, no NY here. I just heard from a source that it has to do with UPS Freight going to electronic logs NOT about pay. They're testing using some sort of Diad/board kind of like with the city drivers use and Big brother feeders

Unless a law is passed to require hourly pay it cannot happen without the union's blessing. On the other hand the union has a record of blessing anything any company wants to do. Please do keep us updated.

Unless a law is passed to require hourly pay it cannot happen without the union's blessing. On the other hand the union has a record of blessing anything any company wants to do. Please do keep us updated.
Thinking they would just say yes .like they do for yrcw changes ?? :apologetic:

Won't happen...

If it's like feeders not all runs will be hourly. Long runs will probably stay mileage. Shorter runs under 500 miles or so will pay hourly.