SAIA | line haul pay

46 cpm seems like a fair starting wage to me. heck, that's higher than the top rate where i work. what's their top rate, and how long to get there?

I know, I know

Not sure how they will work that. Nervouswreck do you know any thing?

The linehaul is set up on both bid runs and system runs. Bid runs are for a specific lane. It can be a meet and turn (we see a lot of those nowdays), a straight turn (terminal to terminal), or laydown.

Additionally, there are system drivers (of which I am one) and team drivers. A lot of where one goes depends on how many or if linehaul drivers are assigned to originate out of a specific terminal. So far I have essentially run on a regional basis.

The team drivers also have runs to bid on. Uncertain if there are system team drivers, although judging on break room chatter, one might believe that there system teams.

Generally speaking, system drivers can be 5 days out and home 2. Nothing is set in concrete on that as all depend on freight flows not only in the origin terminal, but in the part of the system one is located in.

System drivers also serve as fill in drivers for runs where the driver is absent or the run is vacated for whatever reason.

Hope this helps. If anything is left out, I'm certain other more seasoned drivers can fill in the gaps.

It is a little different in the West we do not have system drivers only turns and lay downs. Thanks BT. Late Cut is a team driver They usaly have a set run but I have seen them run the new teams wild untill they find out where they are needed.

i'm in a former connection town in ohio....

my buddy got hired for saia linehaul in cleveland at the old connection . hes the bottom guy there and he slept out once this week . 3 times the week before and 0 the week prior and once before that.all in all hes doing ok. if you want more info on cleveland send me a p.m and ill find the answers to all your questions as there only a phone call away.i talk to the guy daily..:1036316054: