SAIA | line haul pay

Does experience matter with saia. I know someone that would be willing to work at saia with over 15 yrs. experience driving linehaul. He is ticket free and accident.

Apply on line

Does experience matter with saia. I know someone that would be willing to work at saia with over 15 yrs. experience driving linehaul. He is ticket free and accident.
If that individual is interested have them go to the company website check employment opportunities. Saia is switching over to an electronic application process.

I just filled out an app. for saia linehaul in greensboro. nc. i was curios what happens during the winter, how bad that saia is about leaving drivers sitting at home when the frieght is slow. i currently am a otr driver for averitt. i would also like to know what kind of miles i could expect if hired? thanks for any info.

I just filled out an app. for saia linehaul in greensboro. nc. i was curios what happens during the winter, how bad that saia is about leaving drivers sitting at home when the frieght is slow. i currently am a otr driver for averitt. i would also like to know what kind of miles i could expect if hired? thanks for any info.
Its tough to say, becausethe outbound dispatcher is suposed to take turns cutting people,even bid drivers.they should have a list.They seem to be pretty fair in Charlotte.But every terrm. opperates different. You'll get anywher from 360 to 500 miles/day.If you dont mind running on weekends and laying down on Sat. night you can run your but off on the weekendsif your a brown noser like nervous wreck and sheet climber are.

if you been in the industry for 20 yrs. as a linehaul driver and a person moves over to saia then 46cpm does suck. Experience should acct something

i can't think of an ltl company where exp does matter as far as pay is concerned. it doesn't at con-way, any of the teamster outfits. the starting pay is what it is. like i said before tho, at least it doesn't take long to get to top rate.

I would say from Driving OTR for years and pulling just about everything out on the raod from flats to vans whatever. Saia is by far the easiest and one of the highest paid. It would be nice to get more but every year I've been here we have always gotten a Raise. :1036316054:

if you been in the industry for 20 yrs. as a linehaul driver and a person moves over to saia then 46cpm does suck. Experience should acct something
It does count for something. After 18 months. How many other ltls are you going to start out at .46cpm? Not many. Not even union.

If you go run linehaul for Yellow you start at 80% of scale, which would be somewhere around .42/mile and two years to top out.

In the west at some Saia terminals there are system drivers. If you need a job and want to make money you will on systems, but you never know where you will be going or if you will be overnight and sometimes they cancel your run and then they might send you on a day run. I ran the systems until i got a bid, then I got bumped out of that bid, back to systems and now I no longer deal with getting bumped or not knowing where I am going or coming and now working with a company that you do not get bumped out of your bid because some*******city driver decides to come back on nights. Conway freight has a smiler schedule, they call it the flex board where you may work 1 week line haul and back to day work in the city and neither company cares about you sleep and family life. So keep shopping for the right trucking company. Try fed-Ex ,ups, yellow a smaller private company where they do not bounch you around. Sometimes in the ltl trucking industry you have to put up with this bull**** until you stay long enough to get a bid, Good Luck Drivers, Be Safe, And Stay Awake....Protect your Cdl