ABF | Linehaul 48 hrs off, or more like 60?

Screamy

TB Lurker
Credits
If you get 48 hrs off after 6 tours, do they usually start you running soon after the 48? Or does it usually turn into more like 60 hrs off? If they start u running right after 48, it looks like you would be running (starting) nights one week and then days the next. Ex: You run nights this week and finish up Sat. 9am. 48 hrs later would be Mon. 9am. If they start u then, this week ur running days. Any body know? Thanks

Terminals seem to have their own personalities. It could be 48 hours at one terminal and a driver at another terminal it would end up being 60 hours. What day of the week you returned to work would also be a factor so if you tried to return to work on a Monday it would be longer than 48 hours and could be longer than 60 but if you returned to work on a Friday you may get your 48 off. Having more seniority would help during a busy part of the year like in the summer but may be useless in January or February.

If you get 48 hrs off after 6 tours, do they usually start you running soon after the 48? Or does it usually turn into more like 60 hrs off? If they start u running right after 48, it looks like you would be running (starting) nights one week and then days the next. Ex: You run nights this week and finish up Sat. 9am. 48 hrs later would be Mon. 9am. If they start u then, this week ur running days. Any body know? Thanks

For my barn after 6 tours we get 48 pulse 8. After 12 tours we get 72 off.

After my time off I go on call. Because I have good seniority now, I'm usually called as soon as my time off is up. Lower seniority guys may have to wait a few hours.

I should add, my barn has call blocks. Blocks are 0400, 1000, 1600, and 2200. On call for one hour each block. So if my 56 hours is up at 0401, I can actually hold for the 1000 block if I want. But if my rest is up at 0359, then I'm in the 0400 block.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Where I am out of you get 48 hours period. If you finish Sunday at 9pm you are on the board at Tuesday at 9pm which stinks. If you are at the bottom you may have an extra 2 days off it is slow. Who knows when you might get called. I am just telling the truth. Some terminals are bigger and busier, but that is how it works for us. I have numerous times been up all day and ran all night. I got laid off 3 different times also. I have been there 9 years now so it's better for me but I still lay sometimes.