XPO | Linehaul at xpo

I guess I could put it another way at our barn we have banners on the fence trying to hire people we run ads in the paper still nothing people know about how crappy it is here no one applies here they go to old dominion or wal mart or ups and drive no -30 degree dock in the winter or sweltering heat in the summer and more pay and vacation time over at them companies and you are a driver at them places not a traveling dock worker like you will be here oh some of these guys will paint you a pretty picture here but those are the guys that the management loves go actually talk to drivers on the street before you think of coming here if that your plan

I guess I could put it another way at our barn we have banners on the fence trying to hire people we run ads in the paper still nothing people know about how crappy it is here no one applies here they go to old dominion or wal mart or ups and drive no -30 degree dock in the winter or sweltering heat in the summer and more pay and vacation time over at them companies and you are a driver at them places not a traveling dock worker like you will be here oh some of these guys will paint you a pretty picture here but those are the guys that the management loves go actually talk to drivers on the street before you think of coming here if that your plan
I guess someone didn't read the job description that has been the same for years. I think it still says the same thing it did when I applied.

lets see drive, jockey, or dock work. That seems the same. They never asked me anymore than that. Thou I always want to be the TM for a day
Really the same huh! Well good to here some places haven't changed ours has and I'm sure if you wanted to be a TM you couldn't do any worse then some of the clowns this joint has

Really the same huh! Well good to here some places haven't changed ours has and I'm sure if you wanted to be a TM you couldn't do any worse then some of the clowns this joint has
how's has it changed??? what not driving trucks? delivering freight, jockeying trailer? pulling sets? working the dock? driving a forklift? Please by all means tells us how your barn has changed??? Did your barn become the first UBER barn in the USA and stop moving freight?
Last I looked we are still doing the same thing we were doing before XPO bought Con-way.

Just wanted some input on how it is working at xpo linehaul as well as a typical night run is and average pay
The best thing you can do is talk to the LH drivers at your barn because every barn LH runs and FAC are different. The shortest we run in around 180 and the longest is around 460 round trip. then you have drop and hook time plus dock time. I know of guys making around $450 a night but that was with a via.

how's has it changed??? what not driving trucks? delivering freight, jockeying trailer? pulling sets? working the dock? driving a forklift? Please by all means tells us how your barn has changed??? Did your barn become the first UBER barn in the USA and stop moving freight?
Last I looked we are still doing the same thing we were doing before XPO bought Con-way.
Runs being cut more long boxes longer dock hours the list goes on and on I'm just glad your happy keep up the good work

You do not want to work here. Go somewhere else where you'll actually be happy and proud of where you work. We'll probably be sold in the next 5 years or less. We'll be driving POS trucks before long too. The rumor is the company said they will not be buying anymore new equipment and our trucks are suppose to last 2 million miles before they'll be replaced. The miles have decreased and will decrease more and they will be utilizing more purchased transportation when e-logs finally get put into place everywhere.

Whenever a company is offering sign-on bonuses, and has to advertise more than once they are hiring.. there is a reason.

How often has ABF, SAIA, or OD had to offer sign-on bonuses to get people?
not sure of the signing bonus but have heard of SAIA offering it as for ABF there been a trailer parked in front of there barn for better part of 3yrs with a hiring sign on it. The ABF locating has gone as far as having hiring events and ads on the local radio. So I think it come down to what area you are in.

ConwayDSR said:
We'll be driving POS trucks before long too. The rumor is the company said they will not be buying anymore new equipment and our trucks are suppose to last 2 million miles before they'll be replaced.

Yet another rumor that doesn't make any sense. How many of these have we heard in the last year and a half that never came true?

We've tried to hire 4 drivers for linehaul in the last month - 3 backed out ( that I know of ) and 1 driver started last week.

When friends of mine ( that are currently drivers elsewhere and previously wanted to work here ) were told about the openings , they passed... One choosing to stay with a 4 night a week gig that topped out at $22hr and overtime after 8 and after 40. The other is driving for FedEx Ground owner and gets a guaranteed 8hrs at $21hr and usually gets done before his 8 are up. Only OT is to work Saturdays.

The dock was a big factor in them passing up a chance to work at XPO. Also , I paint a realistic picture when describing what you will deal with coming in the door. No sugar-coated bull.

We've tried to hire 4 drivers for linehaul in the last month - 3 backed out ( that I know of ) and 1 driver started last week.

When friends of mine ( that are currently drivers elsewhere and previously wanted to work here ) were told about the openings , they passed... One choosing to stay with a 4 night a week gig that topped out at $22hr and overtime after 8 and after 40. The other is driving for FedEx Ground owner and gets a guaranteed 8hrs at $21hr and usually gets done before his 8 are up. Only OT is to work Saturdays.

The dock was a big factor in then passing up a chance to work at XPO. Also , I paint a realistic picture when describing what you will deal with coming in the door. No sugar-coated bull.
I'm glad to hear that you tell it like it is and don't sugar coat it like most on here and yes the dock is the biggest factor there's something wrong with a company when your putting more time on a forklift then in the truck we need to build more headloads and pures and keep it moving instead of break every trailer that hits the yard it's a joke