XPO | Linehaul at xpo

Yes most drivers will shoot it to you straight especially if they were lied to when they were hired on
You are bitter.
Pretty Simple 14 hours a day and not enough money
If you really run 484 miles a night and work 14 hours every night then you made over 100k easy. So if that is not enough I don't know what you were expecting as a freaking truck driver.
I'm glad to hear that you tell it like it is and don't sugar coat it like most on here and yes the dock is the biggest factor there's something wrong with a company when your putting more time on a forklift then in the truck we need to build more headloads and pures and keep it moving instead of break every trailer that hits the yard it's a joke
The last sentence is the only thing you've said that I really agree with. Way too many breakers with no reason for it. As for the dock work, that has been the con-way/XPO model since the company started. When I started in the 90's we always said CDL stood for certified dock laborer. If you were lied to when you were hired on about dockwork it shouldn't have taken you more than 8 hours to figure out the lie. If you're been here more than 8 hours that's your fault. The company is not going to change their entire system just for you.

You are bitter.

If you really run 484 miles a night and work 14 hours every night then you made over 100k easy. So if that is not enough I don't know what you were expecting as a freaking truck driver.

The last sentence is the only thing you've said that I really agree with. Way too many breakers with no reason for it. As for the dock work, that has been the con-way/XPO model since the company started. When I started in the 90's we always said CDL stood for certified dock laborer. If you were lied to when you were hired on about dockwork it shouldn't have taken you more than 8 hours to figure out the lie. If you're been here more than 8 hours that's your fault. The company is not going to change their entire system just for you.
Ok what am reading does not sound great. I am having second thoughts but I guess it doesn't hurt just to go on the interview. I would like drive time to build more miles and experience.

Ok what am reading does not sound great. I am having second thoughts but I guess it doesn't hurt just to go on the interview. I would like drive time to build more miles and experience.
I hope you don't base your decision on what was said here by a few pissed off employees, that are still working here. You need to know if this place is right for you and what you want to get out of it. No matter were you go you will hear the same bitching the only difference is the name on the door. The one thing you need to remember is that in the LTL world all and I mean all drivers start at the bottom and I have friends that wont work here because of that. Sure I get **** off about the place and some of the stupid thing they do.
Being on the bottom sucks there doubt about it, crappy hours, runs and dock time. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you. Some guys spend years on the bottom and others moved up quickly it's all on what barn you work out of.
So what ever you deicide I wish you many years of safe driving and if you like or love what you do then is it really a job.

One last thing I made just short of 70k last year. I will tell you there is a big different making that much and being home everyday vs living on the road.

Well, you may have answered this on your own. Depending on what barn you are hiring in to. It's quite likely that you won't be in a truck much starting out. If you are interested in being a truck driver you need to hire in at a company that wants you to drive trucks. Here we are traveling dock hands. Many of us finish the night with shorter drive lines than on duty not driving lines. And it will take some years here before that ever changes.

It's all in what you want.

Well, you may have answered this on your own. Depending on what barn you are hiring in to. It's quite likely that you won't be in a truck much starting out. If you are interested in being a truck driver you need to hire in at a company that wants you to drive trucks. Here we are traveling dock hands. Many of us finish the night with shorter drive lines than on duty not driving lines. And it will take some years here before that ever changes.

Very true about the log books ( even in the city sometimes - hell , a lot of times )

Did the OP say where he was out of? Maybe someone nearby can give him the down-low on the barn near him.

Very true about the log books ( even in the city sometimes - hell , a lot of times )

Did the OP say where he was out of? Maybe someone nearby can give him the down-low on the barn near him.
In pa area . I will just have to see.how it goes on the interview and get to see how things look.

I hope you don't base your decision on what was said here by a few pissed off employees, that are still working here. You need to know if this place is right for you and what you want to get out of it. No matter were you go you will hear the same bitching the only difference is the name on the door. The one thing you need to remember is that in the LTL world all and I mean all drivers start at the bottom and I have friends that wont work here because of that. Sure I get **** off about the place and some of the stupid thing they do.
Being on the bottom sucks there doubt about it, crappy hours, runs and dock time. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you. Some guys spend years on the bottom and others moved up quickly it's all on what barn you work out of.
So what ever you deicide I wish you many years of safe driving and if you like or love what you do then is it really a job.

One last thing I made just short of 70k last year. I will tell you there is a big different making that much and being home everyday vs living on the road.
True I know it will be hard starting at the bottom but am willing to work hard and understand it won't be easy.

You are bitter.

Don't expect them to change im,gonna change it for myself and if you think 100 grand year is a lot of money you must not get out much

Don't expect them to change im,gonna change it for myself and if you think 100 grand year is a lot of money you must not get out much
I guess I'm a home bound quadriplegic. I think 100k is quite a bit of money for a truck driver. I tell you what, I'll stay and make my 100k. When you find another job paying that much you post back and tell us.

I guess I'm a home bound quadriplegic. I think 100k is quite a bit of money for a truck driver. I tell you what, I'll stay and make my 100k. When you find another job paying that much you post back and tell us.
Did u know 100k is just pocket change. Don't you go to work with that much in you pocket everyday like we all do. :438:

We've tried to hire 4 drivers for linehaul in the last month - 3 backed out ( that I know of ) and 1 driver started last week.

When friends of mine ( that are currently drivers elsewhere and previously wanted to work here ) were told about the openings , they passed... One choosing to stay with a 4 night a week gig that topped out at $22hr and overtime after 8 and after 40. The other is driving for FedEx Ground owner and gets a guaranteed 8hrs at $21hr and usually gets done before his 8 are up. Only OT is to work Saturdays.

The dock was a big factor in them passing up a chance to work at XPO. Also , I paint a realistic picture when describing what you will deal with coming in the door. No sugar-coated bull.
I would really have to dislike someone to recommend the old CON-WAY. I cannot speak for what it's like now , I assume not much different.

Full time Dock Worker and part time Truck Driver, Highspeeds means!!!

More time in a forklift seat then a truck seat but then again some on here insist this is the place to be i mean were else can you freeze your ass off for 25 dollars a hour that's why I'm on my way out I'm a driver not a dock worker

It is quite possible and maybe even likely you will work the dock more than you drive, but the worst part is they make you do it for FREE. No really, if you don't want to work the dock do not apply here. If you have enough sense to realize that p & d drivers make the same whether they hold the wheel of a Freightliner or of a Toyota forklift this place ain't to bad. If you don't mind supplementing your mileage pay with dockwork you'll be ok. If you have the mindset, " I'm a DRIVER, it's disrespectful to ask me to work the dock". You do not want to work here. Our system is set up to optimize next day and 2 day lanes. As a company we really don't care about long relays or coast to coast freight. Most of that freight goes on sub-service anyway.