LineHaul Charlotte or Hickory NC

Discussion in 'Estes Express Lines' started by Cave Man, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Cave Man

Cave Man Member

Hey everyone, I applied for OTR Regional last night for Charlotte and Hickory. If possible could anyone give me some information about which of these terminals would be best to work out of? And around what the starting mileage pay is im the south. I received a phone call this afternoon from corporate in Richmond but missed it so I left a message when I called back but it was after 4:00. Thank you.

2. drummerforhire

drummerforhire Active Member

Linehaul extraboard starts at like 56.5 cents now. Raises every 6 months and top out at 3 years. We usually get a system-wife raise every January as well.

Charlotte is a bigger terminal and will have more freight coming in and out. You should be able to get good miles at either place though.

Cave Man likes this.
  3. Cave Man

Cave Man Member

Awesome. Thanks for the information. Just have to decide which one now so when I talk to Richmond I can tell them. I know the extra board is gone for 5 days but do you know what the start days are normally?

4. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

Anywhere from Sunday to Thursday start days,usually depending on seniority,so you may be at the tail end of those days.

Cave Man likes this.
  5. Cave Man

Cave Man Member

Gotcha. Thank you that's not a problem gotta start somewhere. Of course it's always nice to be able to have weekends off but that would come over time. I work weekends now anyway so not really a big deal. I know Charlotte is a break terminal. Is Hickory one as well? Just wanna work and be able to run that's why I'm debating on which terminal. Hickory is a bit closer but kinda right in the middle of both of them.

6. a9faninnc

Hickory is not a break and you will get a scheduled run much quicker out of Charlotte.A no-brainer if that is your eventual goal..

Cave Man likes this.
  7. Cave Man

Cave Man Member

Awesome. Thank you!!! Does Charlotte stay fairly busy all year?

8. a9faninnc

Varies...Oct-Feb will slow some about every year throughout the LTL industry.You just adapt to enjoy it while you can.GL

Cave Man likes this.
  9. Cave Man

Cave Man Member

That's cool. Yes probably enjoy it while you can because the rest your probably balls to the wall. Lol